Official Fulqrum Publishing forum

Official Fulqrum Publishing forum (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/index.php)
-   Gameplay questions threads (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   Ju-88 Bomb load (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=24208)

335th_GRAthos 06-29-2011 09:23 PM

Ju-88 Bomb load

Some more questions:

Loaded some (18) bombs in the internal space.

#1 Is there a way to open the bomb bay doors AND KEEP THEM OPEN?
It does not work with the normal bomb bay key, and when I press to drop a bomb, the bomb bay doors will open (SLOWLY) then drop the bomb. TOO SLOW :(

#2 Has anybody tested the SALVO QUANTITY for the internal bomb load?
With me it does not seem to work and bombs drop one by one after pressing the drop key every time (and I have 18 bombs inside....)
Need l say, everytime the bomb bay doors have to open and close? ;)

~S~

VO101_Tom 06-29-2011 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 335th_GRAthos (Post 304019)
Some more questions:

Loaded some (18) bombs in the internal space.

#1 Is there a way to open the bomb bay doors AND KEEP THEM OPEN?
It does not work with the normal bomb bay key, and when I press to drop a bomb, the bomb bay doors will open (SLOWLY) then drop the bomb. TOO SLOW :(

#2 Has anybody tested the SALVO QUANTITY for the internal bomb load?
With me it does not seem to work and bombs drop one by one after pressing the drop key every time (and I have 18 bombs inside....)
Need l say, everytime the bomb bay doors have to open and close? ;)

~S~

The door is manual opening in Ju88, so you have to keep push the "bomb bay door open" button (aprox. 10 sec is enough). There is a crank on the right side of cocpit (unfortunately its on the edge of the view limit). It is a little gauge on crank axis, with ZU (close) and AUF (open) marks.

I dont know the Salvo thing, i didn't try yet, just in 109 (there is working well).

http://www.pumaszallas.hu/Private/VO...bombaydoor.jpg

335th_GRAthos 06-29-2011 11:28 PM

Aaa! Excellent! :)

The salvo thing does not seem to work, either by key or by pressing the cockpit organ, I do not seem to have any response.

~S~

Warhound 06-29-2011 11:47 PM

I can confirm the Ju-88 bombbaydoors act strange, fully open them manually (either by cockpit or keys) and after a single bomb they will close again. Would make more sense if dropping the bombs didn't automatically open and close the doors so we had full control over the process. Dropping many in very quick succession forces them open as long as your distributor delay is set 0.
The salvo quantity indeed does not react, either to clicking in cockpit or mapped keys.

On a similar note the He-111 P2's 2nd magneto is unclickable, it does work via keymapings though and also works in cockpit in the He-111 H2.

335th_GRAthos 06-30-2011 08:48 AM

Thanks Warhound, please post it at the bugs thread as well!

~S~

JG53Frankyboy 06-30-2011 11:36 AM

that is so 'funny'........................................... .........

i confirm, the bombdoors in the Ju88 are opened by the weight of a bomb. and every time it tries to close after the bombrelease.

I have no proplem with salvo btw, they are coming out at once (at least as fast as they can...)

Can i make a guess: the programmer has mixed up the bombssystems of the Blenheim and the Ju88 :D

they way it works NOW in the Ju88, it should actually work in the Blenheim.
No need to open bombdoors in a real Blenheim, it was springopened by the weight of the bombs, and closed after the bomb was released......
In the Blenheim NOW, you still have to open and close the bombdoors manually.

335th_GRAthos 06-30-2011 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JG53Frankyboy (Post 304206)

I have no proplem with salvo btw, they are coming out at once (at least as fast as they can...)

Ooops, not that fast Frankyboy :)

Pls explain because I can not make this work:
load the 10, 18, 8 or anything you want bombs in the bomb bay.
I can only make it drop one bomb at a time or, try to keep pressing the bomb drop many times so that after the first bomb drops, many follow.

Can you instead set the bomb system to drop, instead of one, 2 or 4 or 6 or 8 (or anything) with the bomb release command? THAT WOULD BE GREAT ;)

It is a pain to try to do a sturzbomb run and trying to press the bomb release as fast as you can (having 18 bombs inside...) ;)

~S~

PS. The JU88 is really amazing! It is true it was considered the best bomber plane of that war period! Extremely fast, good bombload, sturdy, vertical bomb or level bomb capability AND it is nicely modelled in the game :)
Well done 1C !

JG53Frankyboy 06-30-2011 01:16 PM

i just set it to "salvo" , open the bombdoors (with holding the "open bombdoor" button), arm the bombs and hit the bombrelease button ONCE (only working from pilotposition :( ). Than all bombs are comming out. Bombdoors are closing automaticlay after rlease...

if you want drop a specific amount of bombs or all one after another you have to set "interval"
Than you can set the intervall length (means how much bombs) and the time (or better distance on ground) after one bomb is relased after the other.

I am working only with shortcuts - but IIRC the bomb'computer' is in the nose if you want manipulate it with the mouse....

335th_GRAthos 06-30-2011 08:30 PM

Ha!

I know why it is not working for me!

I have been using a button for "Toggle bomb bay doors"
I needed to setup a new button for "Open bomb bay doors"

Now it works fine :)

335th_GRAthos 06-30-2011 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JG53Frankyboy (Post 304241)
i just set it to "salvo" ,

Thanks Frankyboy, your explanations (and considerable practice) made the correct combination to make everything work.

I found out that setting it to SERIES (instead of SALVO) makes it work:
I can select which of the three bomb bays (or all three together),
how many bombs should drop in a row
how much should be the spacing (in meters!!!) between each dropped bomb.

He, he, I am loading 2xSC500, 10xSC50, 18xSC50 on the REPKA server as we speak... :)

I hope Ataros has programmed some serious runway repair service teams for the red airfield.... ;)
I think there will be blood... :-D

~S~