Official Fulqrum Publishing forum

Official Fulqrum Publishing forum (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/index.php)
-   Mods (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   English Grammar / Spelling Patch (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=27813)

MattCaspermeyer 11-12-2011 08:42 PM

English Grammar / Spelling Patch

Not to steal thunder from my HOMM3 Babies mod, but I'll be posting shortly a patch for King's Bounty: The Legend that fixes the numerous grammatical and spelling errors in the game.

This project easily took a month or too during the time I was working on my HOMM3 Babies mod, but I think it was worth it!

By the way, I probably haven't caught all the errors and so if you find additional grammar / spelling errors after applying this patch that you think should be fixed then follow this procedure:

1. Reply in this thread and paste a screenshot of the grammar / spelling error to your message.
2. State where the error is.
3. State how the error should be fixed.

Here's an example:

[SCREENSHOT Showing My Post with spelling error]

Line1 ...

This project easily took a month or too during the time I was working on my HOMM3 Babies mod, but I think it was worth it!

Line2 ...

Line3 ...

[END SCREENSHOT Showing My Post with spelling error]

The word "too" should be changed to "two" on line 2.

That should do it! If you want to get fancy, you can also edit your screenshot and highlight the error, but that might be too much work. After a sufficient number of additional changes, I'll update this patch to include your new changes.

Also, this project is not for improving the dialog in the game, just for fixing grammatical and spelling errors.

I'm also hoping that someone will start a similar project for Armored Princess and Crossworlds. If not, I'll eventually get to those games...

Matt

P.S. I'll post this patch shortly (I needed to create this thread first so I can put the link in my README.TXT file).

MattCaspermeyer 11-12-2011 08:50 PM

Here's the Patch!

Okay, here's the patch! Download and enjoy!

There's a newer update, get it here.

Lex 11-12-2011 11:27 PM

Thank you. :)

MattCaspermeyer 11-16-2011 09:02 AM

Every time I replay it seems I find more things!

1 Attachment(s)
Change had to has.

I'll add this to the next version after I get a good list of more changes...

MattCaspermeyer 11-16-2011 09:05 AM

More...

1 Attachment(s)
Add "of" between "name" and the Player's name.

MattCaspermeyer 11-16-2011 09:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Change "Do" to "Did".

MattCaspermeyer 11-16-2011 09:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Change "the" to "your".

MattCaspermeyer 11-16-2011 09:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Either change "several thousands years" to "several thousands of years" or "several thousand years".

MattCaspermeyer 11-16-2011 09:18 AM

Ovein shold be Owein!

1 Attachment(s)
Change "Ovein" to "Owein". I've tried to find the name issues, but v's and w's look similar late at night! ;)

There might be other places where this is misspelled, too!

MattCaspermeyer 11-16-2011 09:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Insert "it" before "found" and "yet".