Official Fulqrum Publishing forum

Official Fulqrum Publishing forum (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/index.php)
-   Other Topics (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   I know this is not neccessarily the place but... THANK YOU RUSSIA... (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=6758)

Bearcat 03-23-2009 12:44 PM

I know this is not neccessarily the place but... THANK YOU RUSSIA...

I just found out about this this week... and this is the ojly place i frequent that is connected to Russia.... so...

THANK YOU RUSSIA FOR THIS.

~!S!~

nearmiss 03-23-2009 04:42 PM

I have never seen this.

Sad to say it.

RCAF_FB_Orville 03-23-2009 06:39 PM

Interesting, that was very kind of Russia and a fitting memorial for a very sad and tragic day. Didn't know that myself. I wonder however if the US and British Governments will be so kind as to build a similar monument to remember the (at Least) 120,000 to 1 Million dead Iraqi civilians since the illegal and unwarranted invasion, depending on which source and methodology you proscribe to. Thats more per annum than at any time Saddam was in power during his 35 year reign. Somehow I don't see it happening. :roll:

Flyby 03-23-2009 06:58 PM

Well, me being a cynic I had to check to see if this was real. It is!! Good find, Boss. I guess such things remind us that we can actually step away from the edge sometimes and do something not purely in our own interests. Way to go, Russia. Now hurry up with SoW before I lose this brotherly feeling. ;)
Flyby out

SlipBall 03-23-2009 07:41 PM

Good find Bearcat! I want to thank the people of Russia for a stunning, beautifull memorial. I am ashamed of out news media for not covering this, but not surprised. I will be in Bayonne tomorrow by the shipping docks, I will try to eyeball it.

ytareh 03-23-2009 09:25 PM

And while we're on the topic a REALLY big THANK YOU for

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanislav_Petrov

A true planet saving super hero!The most under appreciated man on Earth?Even if he were not still alive the media neglect of this gentleman who lost his job as a result of his heroic actions would be shameful.That he lives in relative poverty is a crime .

PS Bearcat this is about 10 minutes drive from where I live in Ireland .

http://www.kildare.ie/donadea911/

DoolittleRaider 03-23-2009 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCAF_FB_Orville (Post 70627)
...I wonder however if the US and British Governments will be so kind as to build a similar monument to remember the (at Least) 120,000 to 1 Million dead Iraqi civilians since the illegal and unwarranted invasion, depending on which source and methodology you proscribe to. Thats more per annum than at any time Saddam was in power during his 35 year reign. Somehow I don't see it happening. :roll:

Sad, sick person...full of hate and not even knowing it. You are to be pitied.

RCAF_FB_Orville 03-23-2009 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoolittleRaider (Post 70652)
Sad, sick person...full of hate and not even knowing it. You are to be pitied.

Err WHAT????!!!! Excuse me??? And who the F*** might you be??? Explanation please??? I think I know who is to be pitied, its douchebags like you who assume things without knowing what the hell they are talking about. I clearly said 9/11 was a tragedy you mental midget, for your information people other than Americans died too, something like 70 Britons and many other nationalities. I shed tears that day, as did many others throughout the world, so F*** you ar**hole, do not tell me what i do or do not hate without knowing me. My point about Iraq was completely valid, show me otherwise. I do not have to explain myself to you Doolittle, lets get that straight, its a public forum and I expressed my opinion, you don't like it then tough. Deal with it.

*Counts to 10 slowly*

choctaw111 03-23-2009 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCAF_FB_Orville (Post 70627)
Interesting, that was very kind of Russia and a fitting memorial for a very sad and tragic day. Didn't know that myself. I wonder however if the US and British Governments will be so kind as to build a similar monument to remember the (at Least) 120,000 to 1 Million dead Iraqi civilians since the illegal and unwarranted invasion, depending on which source and methodology you proscribe to. Thats more per annum than at any time Saddam was in power during his 35 year reign. Somehow I don't see it happening. :roll:

Please do not turn this into a "Hate America" thread. If you haven't been to Iraq, then you have no business talking down on not only the US, but other nations involved there as well. The civilians for the most part, deeply appreciate the foreign forces involved there.
Back on topic.
I am very impressed (and touched) by Russia's gesture. I am equally upset that this was not covered by the media.

RCAF_FB_Orville 03-23-2009 11:17 PM

PS I apologise for the "language" that was wrong, I lost my temper but what I said was true. Western civilian lives are not "worth" any more than Iraqi civilian lives, show me otherwise doolittle or shut up please.....Human tragedy is not the sole preserve or property of one Nation, sorry if the truth hurts but I stand by what I said.

Out.