Official Fulqrum Publishing forum

Official Fulqrum Publishing forum (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/index.php)
-   IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=189)
-   -   Yet another problem, help on this please ? (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=20432)

geoffw 04-03-2011 01:06 PM

Yet another problem, help on this please ?

Hi

http://img864.imageshack.us/img864/9092/clod1.jpg

I have been struggling for several days now trying to fix this problem with no success. I have turned all the graphics settings down to low or features switched off to try and prove if its a memory issue, but it made no difference.

I have tried both the recommended Nvidia drivers recommended by Luthier, again no difference. Turned off FSAA and aniso filtering again no difference.

Any ideas what might fix it ?

My PC spec is equal to or above the the minimum recommended specs
Win XP 32 Bit SP3
2Gig Ram
GTX 275 Video Card
Intel Core 2 Duo E8500, 3.16GHz

I have been buying PC games for years, I have to say this game has been released in a shocking state, it is easily the worst I can recall.

Thanks for any help

I am now trying to decide if I want to go through the hassle and argument trying to get a refund from Steam. From what I have read here that wont be an easy task.

I cant help thinking this has been a sad week for the future of PC based simulation games in general. Maybe I should just write off the £30 and count it as a donation to keep 1C in business :(

Regards Geoff

Wutz 04-03-2011 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geoffw (Post 250724)
Hi

http://img864.imageshack.us/img864/9092/clod1.jpg

I have been struggling for several days now trying to fix this problem with no success. I have turned all the graphics settings down to low or features switched off to try and prove if its a memory issue, but it made no difference.

I have tried both the recommended Nvidia drivers recommended by Luthier, again no difference. Turned off FSAA and aniso filtering again no difference.

Any ideas what might fix it ?

My PC spec is equal to or above the the minimum recommended specs
Win XP 32 Bit SP3
2Gig Ram
GTX 275 Video Card
Intel Core 2 Duo E8500, 3.16GHz

I have been buying PC games for years, I have to say this game has been released in a shocking state, it is easily the worst I can recall.

Thanks for any help

I am now trying to decide if I want to go through the hassle and argument trying to get a refund from Steam. From what I have read here that wont be an easy task.

I cant help thinking this has been a sad week for the future of PC based simulation games in general. Maybe I should just write off the £30 and count it as a donation to keep 1C in business :(

Regards Geoff

Your RAM is rather low, and it might be your graphic card that is causing the issues.

Sven 04-03-2011 01:22 PM

Also WinXP 32Bit might be causing graphical glitches I've heard:(

Buchon 04-03-2011 01:25 PM

That is a videocard problem for sure, looks a driver problem, I guess you already upgrade your drivers version, do it if not.

Your ram is low too but that is not the problem.

Im using 2 GB and I can load the maps, is fine to fly over the water until arrive my 4GB upgrade.

geoffw 04-03-2011 03:44 PM

OK

Wasted another hour or two, uninstalling my GTX275 driver, running a driver cleaner and reinstalling 270.51 again, again it made zero difference.

After further experimenting I have discovered I can fix the green square texture problem by turning off the forest render completely. (I had it set to very low previously).

Having said that the game is still completely unplayable on a 2Gig WinXP system. In the hour or so I have been messing with this, I have got

1) Loading the london quick mission with 1 plane, still locks up on load screen
2) I had 1 instance of a crash that rebooted PC
3) 2 instances where I seemed to be flying OK at the start, but screen froze and locked permanently after 1 minute or less
4) shell casings from guns were rendering with huge black square around them (this one fixed itself after a reboot)
5) Changing some graphics settings says it needs to restart game. This then proceeds to crash, and you have to restart manually

those were just the ones I can remember, sighhhhhh

I need to take a break from this game its not good for my blood pressure :(

If you have a WinXP 2Gig machine, do yourself a favour and do not buy this game, you will regret it.

Regards Geoff

MD_Wild_Weasel 04-03-2011 04:15 PM

wow i feel for you m8, one of my squad mates is running xp also and is having similar problems. He has Xp and a 9800gt card , while my other squad memeber is running windows 7 and a geforce9600gt and is having little to no problems. ( amd phenom II be 3.4 ghz might help though)
This is obviuosly a very poorly finnished game a should never have been released as of yet to the paying public. BUT i think in a couple of months this WILL be an excellent predessor to il2 1946

Buchon 04-03-2011 04:39 PM

The game in DX9 is not optimized, the hardware acceleration is not full.

Im in W7, DX10, but I did forced DX9 through the conf.ini to see how is.

The performance is terrible in DX9, the game works better in DX10 than in DX9 in my system.

If you can maybe you should try install Windows 7 to put that GTX275 under DX10.

Capt Backasswards 04-03-2011 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buchon (Post 250927)
The game in DX9 is not optimized, the hardware acceleration is not full.

Im in W7, DX10, but I did forced DX9 through the conf.ini to see how is.

The performance is terrible in DX9, the game works better in DX10 than in DX9 in my system.

If you can maybe you should try install Windows 7 to put that GTX275 under DX10.

Yep! What he said. I'm stuck with XP too for the moment. Not going to go out and buy windows 7 anytime soon.

Fearfactor 04-04-2011 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MD_Wild_Weasel (Post 250902)
BUT i think in a couple of months this WILL be an excellent predessor to il2 1946

You mean successor, not predecessor.

MD_Titus 04-05-2011 06:51 PM

well, it is set in 1940