Official Fulqrum Publishing forum

Official Fulqrum Publishing forum (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/index.php)
-   IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=189)
-   -   [REQUEST] Skin Templates / 3D Overlay (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=20166)

csThor 04-01-2011 01:54 PM

[REQUEST] Skin Templates / 3D Overlay

A simple request to Maddox Games:

Can you please provide us with skin templates for the aircraft which contain the 3D model overlaid to show the exact mapping? It would immensely help skinning. Thx. :)

Winger 04-01-2011 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by csThor (Post 248262)
A simple request to Maddox Games:

Can you please provide us with skin templates for the aircraft which contain the 3D model overlaid to show the exact mapping? It would immensely help skinning. Thx. :)

+1 But i think there are other things that FIRST need their attention and time!

Winger

Feathered_IV 04-01-2011 02:40 PM

There are some for the Tiggie and others in the Skins folders already. None for the 109's etc though. The person who did the skins is unlikely to be writing code too, so posting basic template maps shouldn't be an unreasonable request. In the meantime, a dedicated soul might be able to extrapolate one based on a bit of trial and error and referring to typical placement on existing models. Something to do while waiting for playable improvements.

csThor 04-01-2011 02:40 PM

True but it doesn't mean a texture guy is of much use for code optimization. ;)

Raggz 04-01-2011 03:16 PM

nice to see you back Csthor. You did some excellent skins for IL2 earlier. Can't wait to see what you come up with now :)

csThor 04-01-2011 03:39 PM

Not much I'm afraid. Just wishing to enhance the available skins for the german units a bit. If I want to be creative nowadays I'm going into my modelling cellar and fiddle with my model tanks. ;)

BigPickle 06-02-2011 07:42 AM

hmm still no reply :(

Mysticpuma 06-02-2011 09:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have to be honest and say it is a very valid request.

When skinning the models in Wings of Prey, Gaijin gave access to the Templates including the UV Map and this helped find areas on the skins that caused issues.

I hope the Devs. see sense and allow the UV Mapping to be included with an official released template.

The WoP example can be seen attached.

Cheers, MP

BigPickle 06-02-2011 10:13 AM

well with that type template you can produce a very high rez and high quality skin, I'd love to see what the likes of guys like cannon etc could do with those means.

Mysticpuma 06-02-2011 10:51 AM

I should have added, that the original Template I made the screen-grab from above, was 2048x2048, but I reduced it for the Forums here. The detail levels are brilliant, along with the Alpha and Gamma layers, which, as I understand it that CloD has the same available?

Cheers, MP