Official Fulqrum Publishing forum

Official Fulqrum Publishing forum (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/index.php)
-   Space Rangers (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=216)
-   -   Space Rangers 2 on Windows 7 (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=14326)

rainorshine 04-11-2010 02:57 AM

Space Rangers 2 on Windows 7

I dug out the disk for Space Rangers 2 the other day and was really excited to give it a shot again. I'm running Windows 7 (64-bit) and when I try to start the game I get the following message in a Starforce window:

Quote:

Error
This application can be launched with a release version of Microsoft Windows 95 OSR2.1/98/ME/ NT 4.0/2000/XP/ Server 2003 only.
Am I out of luck or is there a patch/work around?

taxguy 04-13-2010 02:31 AM

Space Rangers 2 is working for me

I have Windows 7 and am playing Space Rangers 2 Reboot with no problem. I did, however, download it from Steam and have the latest patch.

uk_john 07-17-2010 05:43 PM

Start it in Adminsteration mode and choose Win98/XP compatability

MaloqMaurader 08-04-2010 07:38 PM

- i have reboot (disk)
- windows 7 (64 bit)
- laptop (hp)
- no problem (at all)
- did that help (?)

ryan284 03-23-2012 10:11 PM

Still having problems

I just bought this game and I am still having problems with black screen on start up. Is Steam not updating this game? Any new solutions? Did I waste my money?

Joanmc33 03-26-2012 03:43 PM

i have also win 7, but nothing found any error

djim 04-19-2012 09:36 AM

Hi, i am assuming you have the original Space Rangers 2 CD. Based on the error i believe that it is not compatible in windows 7. Your best choice, if that is the case, is to buy the reboot expansion (i have the steam version and it definately works in windows 7).

tossak 04-25-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djim (Post 411114)
Hi, i am assuming you have the original Space Rangers 2 CD. Based on the error i believe that it is not compatible in windows 7. Your best choice, if that is the case, is to buy the reboot expansion (i have the steam version and it definately works in windows 7).

I purchased the 1C package from Gamers Gate and I can't get Space Rangers 2: Reboot to work on my computer either. I don't want to have to purchase the game from Steam in order to get it to run properly.

I'm also trying to run it on Win 7 x64 and even running it as an Administrator in XP, 2000 or various compatability modes it doesn't work. Space Rangers 2 will run though.

Meteoric 06-15-2012 02:11 AM

I have problem in Win7-64bits too.

I Love this game, Space Rangers 2: Reboot.
But the worst part of this game was RTS.
Because it was buggy & It can't Save & It was Very Hard to control 1 or more unit = Hard to win.

My Laptop was BenQ S42 + Win7-64bits:
My Laptop & Game crash to Black Screen a lot of time in RTS & many at nearly win point.
+ RTS Can't Save, that mean I must play very hard control RTS Again, Again, And Again.
Please, Fix this error OR at lease add a slot save for RTS game.

Another problem I found is, When play about a hour OR load game many time,
Then the game will start lag more and more. And only way to fix this is Close & Re-Open Game Again.
I think this bug may be come from accumulate unuse data.
And I sure the game programmer can fix this bug.

Anyone have any idea to help my RTS problem, Please tell me.
Thank you very much.

omegaweapon 06-15-2012 08:00 PM

i play rts mission alot and i never had a crash mayby its a problem with your videocard?

try to lower your planetary battle graphic maybe it help