Official Fulqrum Publishing forum

Official Fulqrum Publishing forum (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/index.php)
-   King's Bounty: Armored Princess (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Thoughts on expansions (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=3888)

Imperial Dane 09-17-2008 09:01 PM

Thoughts on expansions

Yeah i know the game still isn't out here in the west :P But i do believe that work on an expansion is already underway...

And having played the demo and at least got a decent impression i couldn't help but think of things that could go into such one.. of course chances are that they will most likely never be read :-P

But i thought it might be interesting to discuss in between playing the demo and talking about it while we wait for the game to come out :D

Should there be additional heroes ? Skills ? perhaps even a fourth skill tree ? New creatures and such ?

I mean one thing i would like to see would be background descriptions.. which do belive i have already mentioned elsewhere :P So i shan't go into details here.

But generally i liked how there were several variants of certain creatures and units, and i think it would be fun if that could be increased upon, making them much more diverse and interesting.

And i have many more thoughts already now before the game is out here in Denmark (Whenever that is, they don't seem to go for the 23rd of september :confused: )

But i think i'll need some more time with those before i post them here.

Coin-coin le Canapin 09-17-2008 09:55 PM

More stuff (creatures, spells...) doesn't always improve the gameplay...
It only my opinion, but except some issues you can see while playing only 2 minutes a small portion of the game (camera, pathfinding...) and things that doesn't modify the gameplay (background descriptions...), I don't really see how to talk about things that could be added in the game without playing the entire game.
Of course, I'm not talking about those who played the russian full version.

Imperial Dane 09-18-2008 12:31 PM

I think you are taking this too seriously and i know that i can't say alot at the moment, hell i have admitted that i haven't played the game but i said i got a decent impression from the demo which lasts a couple of hours, i mean gameplay wise you can at least get an idea...

Stop taking it so seriously ;)

I mean there really isn't much else to discuss until the game is out at the moment.. and i do feel that background descriptions would be a great addition :D In any case i have no belief that any of this will actually be looked at, i'm pretty sure they are more concerned about listening to russian fans right now.. i even think they have a few competetions going actually, as said, yes the game isn't out yet... but the demo does give a fair impression if you ask me.. and yeah more stuff isn't necessarily the way to go, but seeing as to how differently the way units have been, i would say a few ideas could be added ;)

KingImp 09-19-2008 05:46 PM

One minor thing I would like to see added is the ability to play as a female hero. I'm sure there are female fans out there that would like this and would be a nice addition for them.

Imperial Dane 09-19-2008 05:56 PM

Probably wouldn't go amiss..

But a good question is.. should the expansion just expand on the already present campaign ? Any larger sidequests or campaigns within the campaign ? Or should it be a completely seperate campaign.. i mean both have advantages, and the first choice would allow for easier integration into the old campaign of any new additions such as heroes, troops and such.

spamm 09-19-2008 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingImp (Post 50022)
One minor thing I would like to see added is the ability to play as a female hero. I'm sure there are female fans out there that would like this and would be a nice addition for them.

In addon

Imperial Dane 09-19-2008 05:57 PM

So it is to be added ?

spamm 09-19-2008 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imperial Dane (Post 50025)
So it is to be added ?

In addon main hero will be a girl

Imperial Dane 09-19-2008 06:26 PM

... wait so you are being forced into it ? .. never fun that :(

sinava 09-19-2008 08:24 PM

Imo it would be interesting to see the following expansions:-
(some of these may be there, i am just taking guess based on demo)
(1) Definitely the standard stuff like more creatures ans spell ( or atleast some new creatures replacing the old ones) and similarly more/new spells and skills and character class.
(2) All the small small enhancements suggested from kiing's bounty vanilla like auto resolve feature etc
(3) maybe your wife fighting in battle along with you