Official Fulqrum Publishing forum

Official Fulqrum Publishing forum (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/index.php)
-   IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=189)
-   -   WIN a Steam key for Cliffs of Dover! (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=33240)

Warhound 07-14-2012 10:58 AM

WIN a Steam key for Cliffs of Dover!

Hey all,
I decided to give away 2 Steamkeys of CLOD as a way of supporting the team and promoting this game.
edit : 4 keys by now thanks to generous gifts on these forums.
The Live For Speed community inspired me, as they have been giving away codes since 2007 and have gifted 50+ copies since.

Note : I am not in any way affiliated with 1C or Maddox Games and paid for these codes out of my own pocket, so it's not a marketing campaign from their side.

There are only a few simple rules to qualify:
1. You must not own Cliffs of Dover yet.
2. You must be registered on this forum since December 2011 or earlier.
3. Have a Steam account registered before today.
4. The selected winners must provide their steam ID(= public Steam profile) privately when requested to verify their steam join date and that they dont already own a copy.
5. You should have a system that can run CLOD well, preferably a quadcore with a Nvidia 560Ti or equivalent or better.

If you'd like to participate make your submission in this forum thread providing:
1. Your systemspecs
2. Write a bit about why you want and deserve the key.

I will judge the submissions and decide who to award the keys to.
Closing date for submissions is Friday 27th July 2012 at midnight (UTC time), and the keys will be given out somewhere during Sunday 29nd July.
Those who already own CLOD, remember to tell your friends or even spread the word on other flight forums.

Finally: Please keep this thread civil and on-topic, mods have been asked to keep a close eye on it as I don't want it to degrade into a trolling, spamming, whine thread.

Thanks to :
-1C and Maddox games for making this game.
-ATAG for running a great CLOD server.
-the taxoffice for paying me back more than expected.
-ATAG_Doc for supplying the 3rd key.
-Outlaw for giving away the 4th key

Good luck to all participants! :)

FS~Phat: This is a legitimate giveaway but is done independently of 1C or Maddox Games.

bongodriver 07-14-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Ah...explains it, but still a very nice thing you are doing here.

Good luck to the entrants.

furbs 07-14-2012 11:13 AM

What a nice thing to do! well done old chap.

Now form a orderly que...

TomcatViP 07-14-2012 11:33 AM

Great idea. That's really honorable.

Ze-Jamz 07-14-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warhound (Post 444687)
Hey all,
I decided to give away 2 Steamkeys of CLOD as a way of supporting the team and promoting this game.
The Live For Speed community inspired me, as they have been giving away codes since 2007 and have gifted 50+ copies since.

Note : I am not in any way affiliated with 1C or Maddox Games and paid for these codes out of my own pocket, so it's not a marketing campaign from their side.

There are only a few simple rules to qualify:
1. You must not own Cliffs of Dover yet.
2. You must be registered on this forum since December 2011 or earlier.
3. Have a Steam account registered before today.
4. The selected winners must provide their steam ID privately when requested to verify their steam join date and that they dont already own a copy.
5. You should have a system that can run CLOD well, preferably a quadcore with a Nvidia 560Ti or equivalent or better.

If you'd like to participate make your submission in this forum thread providing:
1. Your systemspecs
2. Write a bit about why you want and deserve the key.

I will judge the submissions and decide who to award the keys to.
Closing date for submissions is Friday 27th July 2012 at midnight (UTC time), and the keys will be given out somewhere during Sunday 29nd July.
Those who already own CLOD, remember to tell your friends or even spread the word on other flight forums.

Finally: Please keep this thread civil and on-topic, mods have been asked to keep a close eye on it as I don't want it to degrade into a trolling, spamming, whine thread.

Thanks to :
-1C and Maddox games for making this game.
-ATAG for running a great CLOD server.

Good luck to all participants! :)

Fair play...

Damixu 07-14-2012 11:37 AM

Hey Warhound, what a nice gesture!.. Salute!

sorak 07-14-2012 11:48 AM

sounds like a scam to me

Moderator's comments: It's not a scam, Warhound has run this by the mods and the 1C staff well before he posted it. It's a legitimate giveaway of two bought copies, so if you know anyone who might want one point him to the thread. Cheers ;)

He111 07-14-2012 11:59 AM

Great gesture and i like the idea of promoting CLOD, but shouldn't this be done outside the dorks / fan-boys (me) who come to this forum? I've been thinking about this for awhile, how to promote CLOD. The audience who are into BOB are probably baby-boomers or older, or pilots. Baby boomers are not part of the computer generation but their offspring probably are. 1C would need to advertise on TV and especially the History Channel on cable, maybe in combination with a PC pad / desktop provider ? I don't think advertising on History channel would be that expensive, maybe 1C needs to look into this?

ATAG_Snapper 07-14-2012 12:29 PM

What a thoroughly generous thing to do!

Salute!

Snapper

bongodriver 07-14-2012 01:38 PM

Echo!..........