Official Fulqrum Publishing forum

Official Fulqrum Publishing forum (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/index.php)
-   IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=132)
-   -   1 year ago today... (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=29401)

StiC 01-29-2012 11:54 AM

1 year ago today...

1 Attachment(s)
while showing my daughter where I used to live 20 years ago, I decided to use Google street view to see if the old game store I used to frequent was still there. Not only was it still there, but I could read the web address on the sign. Wanting to support my old friend I ordered BoP, a game which I could not find locally.

A year later I'm still playing and having fun and it is all thanks to this incredible community. Thank you everyone.

StiC

FOZ_1983 01-29-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StiC (Post 385959)
while showing my daughter where I used to live 20 years ago, I decided to use Google street view to see if the old game store I used to frequent was still there. Not only was it still there, but I could read the web address on the sign. Wanting to support my old friend I ordered BoP, a game which I could not find locally.

A year later I'm still playing and having fun and it is all thanks to this incredible community. Thank you everyone.

StiC

Its always been a strong community and one where we've all helped each other along the way, whether we be PS3 or 360 players :)

A great bunch.

I'm glad you've found your old game shop that you used to visit haha. I should pop back onto this forum from time to time, but now i spend it mostly over at the Gaijen one with everyone else. Seems we've all finally made the move over at last. Just have to make sure any potential new pilots know where to find it to.

trk29 01-29-2012 12:38 PM

Good story! I agree this is the best forum I have ever been a apart of.

hurricane 01-29-2012 01:14 PM

what happens to some of the stickys such as in their own words?seems like a waste for all that work to vanish.

FOZ_1983 01-29-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hurricane (Post 385991)
what happens to some of the stickys such as in their own words?seems like a waste for all that work to vanish.

Not quite sure what you mean?

We could just start a new thread on the Gaijen forum and then just paste it all over to that...

Providing it gets a sticky?

hurricane 01-29-2012 02:46 PM

like bobbysocks thread "in their own words" foz.that would take me a year to type all that.that can be pasted?

FOZ_1983 01-29-2012 04:08 PM

No need to type it all up :)

Yup it can be copied and pasted onto a new thread. May take an hour or so because theirs quite a bit but it doesnt all need to be done in one day. If the mods on our "new home" don't pin it though then i think it may be a waste of time.

hurricane 01-29-2012 05:50 PM

not that it would be any skin off my nose but it would seem a shame to see some of the info on here go to waste.seems like everybody has moved over to bos.is this the farewell thread?

Ratman91101 01-30-2012 02:46 AM

Last Post?

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by StiC (Post 385959)

StiC

Around a year ago.I was on my 3rd copy.Keep burnin that darn online play ring out.LOL now I`m on my 4th.I`m sure this won`t be the last thread here.And at least if it were.We will still be on each others wing and mind for years to come.This community is stronger than ANY I have ever seen.And the friendship`s I have made in the sky and in this forum will stand the test of time. Cheer`s to ALL of my friends here in BOP! Rat OUT!

CrashLanding 01-30-2012 09:38 AM

It's possible to burn out a disc? Guess I've never played a single game long enough to experience that...