Official Fulqrum Publishing forum

Official Fulqrum Publishing forum (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/index.php)
-   Crossworlds Campaigns (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   Drillers area attack (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=17024)

Kings Bounty Hunter 10-19-2010 07:04 PM

Drillers area attack

GRRRRRRRR

Using a full army (5 units)

ckdamascus 10-19-2010 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kings Bounty Hunter (Post 191104)
GRRRRRRRR

Using a full army (5 units)

Don't use a full army.

Don't have more than one unit in a single column.

Have one guy tank/hit with heavy physical resists.

Hit hard, and fast with ranged.

3 units is pretty good.

Kings Bounty Hunter 10-20-2010 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckdamascus (Post 191106)
Don't use a full army.

Don't have more than one unit in a single column.

Have one guy tank/hit with heavy physical resists.

Hit hard, and fast with ranged.

3 units is pretty good.

thx for that, forgot that method from playing AP.

He can kill 3 of my trolls in one hit :(

EDIT

I'm lvl35 using Paladin hero and he stills does area attack I'm not strong enough for this fight yet.

ckdamascus 10-20-2010 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kings Bounty Hunter (Post 191210)
thx for that, forgot that method from playing AP.

He can kill 3 of my trolls in one hit :(

EDIT

I'm lvl35 using Paladin hero and he stills does area attack I'm not strong enough for this fight yet.

Actually, you need physical resistance items and level 3 stoneskine to try to reach 95% physical resist.

Although, I swear that even with that, he will still kill a paladin or two.

I beat it with
Paladins
Goblins
Orc Veterans

Only because I knew I could do enough damage to him so that I could setup ONE round to cast Prayer to revive all units in time. Also, because Orc Veterans get NO Retaliation if they get Level 3 Adrenaline. Thank you, Moldok + Onslaught. :)

Most people use Single Stack Troll, but even with resist items, I couldn't quite get it to avoid a loss.

You could try Divine Armor too, but it gets really mana intense, and you start to slowly lose.

I was really lucky and beat Driller in 7 rounds at Level 35 as a Warrior. :) No loss, Impossible. :)

BB Shockwave 10-21-2010 09:21 PM

Did the DRiller get upgraded? I remember I killed that Boss on AP with no-loss easily. Hit him hard enough every round to retreat, then he does nothing but collapse the ceiling next round.

jake21 10-22-2010 02:44 PM

He was pretty easy in my game but I tend to do him late. I still don't know how to kill Baal and Kthul with no losses but everything else was not very difficult (mage impossible).

Quote:

Originally Posted by BB Shockwave (Post 191609)
Did the DRiller get upgraded? I remember I killed that Boss on AP with no-loss easily. Hit him hard enough every round to retreat, then he does nothing but collapse the ceiling next round.

ckdamascus 10-22-2010 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BB Shockwave (Post 191609)

I don't believe they did.

Your strategy is basically the same as mine. Do enough damage to force him to retreat, so the real battle is only that last "ceiling" fight.

atlatea 10-22-2010 09:43 PM

Quote:

I still don't know how to kill Baal and Kthul with no losses but everything else was not very difficult (mage impossible)
Againts k'tahu, just make him rarely/never use his mass attack, and you'll get easy no loss win. By the way, to do that, position your unit in front of his iron claw attack area, though 1 stack won't 100% guarantee no mass attack, but 2 stacks will 100 % guarantee it, and to make it more guaranteed, have 1 attacker always on the blind spot attack (hexagon which is in front of his normal claw). Summoning unit might be the best option to do this (since you don't want your real stacks to get hit by k'tahu insane physical dmg)

Imo Baal is easier than k'tahu (weaker mass attack) and you have bill gilbert.

jake21 10-23-2010 11:02 AM

Yea but what troupes do you use ? For k'tahu i avoid the iron claw but maybe that's the problem and I should stick some thorns or something there...

Quote:

Originally Posted by atlatea (Post 192102)
Againts k'tahu, just make him rarely/never use his mass attack, and you'll get easy no loss win. By the way, to do that, position your unit in front of his iron claw attack area, though 1 stack won't 100% guarantee no mass attack, but 2 stacks will 100 % guarantee it, and to make it more guaranteed, have 1 attacker always on the blind spot attack (hexagon which is in front of his normal claw). Summoning unit might be the best option to do this (since you don't want your real stacks to get hit by k'tahu insane physical dmg)

Imo Baal is easier than k'tahu (weaker mass attack) and you have bill gilbert.

atlatea 10-23-2010 12:01 PM

Dryad, rune mage, hunter, black dragon, and paladin (i'm not a fan of Black knight tactic or any single stack tactic or orc/goblin/undead). For spells, i use phantom and calm rage (sometimes stoneskin on runemage). Well, if i don't have scale set or any good phys. resistance item, stone skin is a must.

I forgot something, perhaps you should not summon too many stacks because it seems to encourage him to use mass attack even with all 3 hexs in front of iron claw occupied, though i'm not 100% sure about this. Another thing, try to quickly clear all lizardman stacks, it seems to lessen the chance of mass attack, because it seems to encourage him to summon more lizardman, though once again, i'm not 100% sure about this (because it's just according to logic/probability assumption).