Official Fulqrum Publishing forum

Official Fulqrum Publishing forum (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/index.php)
-   IL-2 Sturmovik (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Friday 2010-09-03 Dev. update and Discussions (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=16217)

luthier 09-03-2010 02:03 PM

Friday 2010-09-03 Dev. update and Discussions

4 Attachment(s)
Evening gentlemen.

Two part update this week. We're showing continuing improvements to our terrain, as well as the brutality of war.

EVERYTHING IS WIP and subject to change!

philip.ed 09-03-2010 02:04 PM

Awesome

will the grass move in the prop-wash?
Those trees look awesome. For the one with the 'rounder' foliage, I may suggest making the trunk smaller. It's completely anal of me to say this and I only say it because it can make a difference, but when flying over areas of wood/forest in the UK, the trunks of the trees can barely be seen and then same is true when driving. i could probably get some pictures to show this if it's of interest...? Otherwise the best looking trees I've seen in a sim. I don't even think some modern dar FPS games have trees that look that good.

Will hedges be modelled? These almost look like dense borders when flying; a bit like flying over a solid cuboid that is long and thin :P

The pilot is not wearing his helmet in the second pic; please don't tell me he puts it on...:P that would just be so (excuse my childish excitement) cool.

luthier 09-03-2010 02:04 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Part two.

Edit: a little explanation

Screen 1 - pilot dead, bombardier dying. Top and waist gunners alive.
Screen 2 - same moment from another angle
Screen 3 - another short burst kills the rest of the crew
Screens 4 & 5 - Heinkel slowly keels over

Gnasher 09-03-2010 02:06 PM

Pass the tissues vicar!

Looking very good!

Bloblast 09-03-2010 02:08 PM

Luthier thanks!

Dano 09-03-2010 02:09 PM

Slumped bodies and dappled sunshine, looks great if a little morbid... :)

JG27_PapaFly 09-03-2010 02:09 PM

:-P Marvellous, and brutal at the same time! I love that grass...

kestrel79 09-03-2010 02:14 PM

Great pics!

You can see a train in that first shot, cool! The hangers are lookin really good, you can see the structures and beams on the inside. Very detailed.

I love that picture of the plane on the ground. I am just picturing that grass waving in the wind and hopefully propwash!

Those trees are looking very good too! Again I'm just picturing them in my mind whirling in the wind like that one apc video we saw a while back.

Great update cannot wait to fly this!

AndyJWest 09-03-2010 02:14 PM

Excellent!

The damage on the Heinkel is very impressive. I'd say the slumped-over crew gets the balance between 'realism'/gore and what is likely to be acceptable to the market about right - not that in-game you are going to see much from outside in most circumstances.

Dano 09-03-2010 02:14 PM

Do I see trees all the way out on the hills in the horizon on that first shot?