Official Fulqrum Publishing forum

Official Fulqrum Publishing forum (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/index.php)
-   King's Bounty: Crossworlds (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   King's Bounty: Crossworlds Hotfix Available (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=16529)

ironfelix 09-20-2010 10:24 AM

King's Bounty: Crossworlds Hotfix Available

Dear fellow gamers,

please be sure to d/l the KB Crossworlds hotfix,

it provides for the following:

- establishes correct loading of saves
- establishes numbering of saves in the same campaign
- fixes a crash after a defeat in the first battle in Defender of the Crown
- fixes a crash in the 'Find Weakness' skill

Enjoy!

Thanks for support!

Attention! The Steam version already has this hotfix included in the version of the game!
Everyone who got the Steam version before 15th September should right click on the Crosswolds in your game list in Steam client, choose Properties, then click the button called "Verify integrity of game cache". After that your game will be up-to-date.

joasoz 09-20-2010 10:29 AM

And the obivous questions. Should I wait for a Gamersgate version of this? What happens if I download and install from your link? What about the DRM?

ironfelix 09-20-2010 11:11 AM

Sorry I did not write about it. The hotfix works for all versions 'cept for the Steam one.

Matrixas 09-20-2010 11:33 AM

Thanks!

DrAtomic1 09-21-2010 03:54 AM

Respect for the quick patch work!

ckdamascus 09-21-2010 04:11 PM

I have the impulse version, bought King's Bounty AP through impulse nearly last year.

Got crossworlds as an add-on, (which forced me to redownload and reinstall King's Bounty AP, since they use a different directory now).

I can't apply the hot-fix though. It says I don't have King's Bounty AP installed or something of that nature. :( I guess I have to wait for impulse to update it on their end.

As a side note, I've noticed a bug that occurs occasionally when I am fighting with orcs (I hate them... they are so overpowered to fight against now), where it says some script error and "abort/retry/ignore". I ignore it, and all seems well.

Does this hotfix patch that?

onepiece 09-21-2010 04:51 PM

I also got that error saying "no version of King's Bounty Crossworld is installed". Even in the installation folder it says the same.

BB Shockwave 09-21-2010 06:30 PM

Yep, same deal. I even copied the file into the KB AP directory.

stubbie 09-21-2010 10:55 PM

I have the Impulse GotY version that I just bought.

Same problem here...the patch says I don't have Crossworlds installed???? :confused:

Aesir 09-22-2010 01:47 AM

I don't have this game through Impulse, but I am a Stardock customer. Anyway, I ran into a Impulse post + work-around that seems to match the symptoms here. The issue described was that when installing the game, Impulse Client simultaneously downloads components from each game component. Which is bad - because I think the install between AP and CW shares the same folder (it does on Steam).

The work-around, if this is the source of the Impulse issue here, is to cancel the DL of CW until the AP download and install completes. Then, install Crossworld. It should then overwrite (update) the shared files.

See if that helps.