Official Fulqrum Publishing forum

Official Fulqrum Publishing forum (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/index.php)
-   Rig'n'Roll (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Some screens from en version ? (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=14427)

flykas 04-18-2010 09:07 PM

Some screens from en version ?

Maybe someone could show some screens of the changed graphics in en version?

USA Trucker 04-18-2010 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flykas (Post 155233)

I don't think graphics was the real issue in the Russian version. Having now seen the English version, I can honestly say I can't see any real difference. So I'm not sure what you want with respects to the word "changed". I have G-Force 9500.

flykas 04-19-2010 07:03 AM

Ou. I just saw someone saying that graphich has changed so I thought how could it change. SO it's ok I like it how it is. And did physics improve atleast a bit ?

pook 04-19-2010 07:51 AM

I think that physics has not changed. But I do not know. I not played eng RNR. Only Russia has played here.
Owners ENG version. Behaves semi - trailer ever so ******* bad as in Russia version???
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb1HS3wKUiE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lnrx...watch_response
This is the most common problem my community to speak. Horrible physics. I do not understand how this could

Lolsmurf 04-19-2010 08:28 AM

try this in real life with a truck and see what will happen...

sometimes people are just too dumb.........

obsolum 04-19-2010 08:35 AM

Lol, those vids are enough reason for me to hold off on buying this game until those horrible issues are fixed. Completely unacceptable. That's one thing the SCS games do better, at least.

pook 04-19-2010 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lolsmurf (Post 155292)

You talking to me?? I know how to behave in a trailer and what will happen. I previously used in real life trucker. Maybe I did not understand to whom react.

Beantower 04-19-2010 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by obsolum (Post 155297)
Lol, those vids are enough reason for me to hold off on buying this game until those horrible issues are fixed. Completely unacceptable. That's one thing the SCS games do better, at least.

Im like, you dont even notice it while driveing "1st Person" view?
But I think the problem is in the eng ver too, but as I said, Im drive from inside the cabin, but Im going to frap some exploration, so i might as well confirm this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flykas (Post 155285)
And did physics improve atleast a bit ?

Ha No, Its still the opposite side of your truck that takes the damage ;P

flykas 04-19-2010 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lolsmurf (Post 155292)

Why do you say that ? In real life it wouldn't be like that it's obvious.

Well from inside view if you would only drive straight it wouldn't be such problem, but still sometimes when you make a turn trailer stick out to to much and you hit something. And sometimes I need to manoevure. Well I hope we'll be able to mod this cuz I think it's just that the wheels position on the trailers is set to be on the middle of the trailer.

USA Trucker 04-19-2010 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flykas (Post 155285)
Ou. I just saw someone saying that graphich has changed so I thought how could it change. SO it's ok I like it how it is. And did physics improve atleast a bit ?

I can't answer that, because I have nothing to compare it to. I didn't get the Russian version.

pook 04-19-2010 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flykas (Post 155233)

I am now looking at screens and videos eng. RNR. I see a difference, it seems to be more saturated colors, and Nick has a facelift. Otherwise, cut hair, dark hair, dark jacket. Otherwise it seems to me that the changes are not so great to know that...

GinXeng 04-19-2010 06:37 PM

All arguements aside for a bit, please show me a video of you doing the parallel parking or what some people call the "L". Here is my video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glTPLml3h78

obsolum 04-19-2010 06:46 PM

Lol, that's awful!!!

pook 04-19-2010 06:56 PM

Guys do not argue. Both are right. Parallel parking it in this game only if you turn a few degrees, slightly. If you turn the steering wheel a lot, the trailer starts to behave strange how absurd things. Both are right.
But the whole thing is that softlab invented UFO physics, where physical laws do not apply. The problem is physics.

BTW: What to watch this video, I think I know why there is no manual loading and unloading. And why is the script. Because of this kind of nonsensical physics would be impossible to manually unload loaded in stores Warehouses:D omg

GinXeng 04-19-2010 09:33 PM

Heres a video for those who dont know what I was trying to do with the truck. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKaACZZIP34

On another note, this is the same place (Not the School) where I did my test for the DMV for my CDL.

Pete379x 04-19-2010 10:22 PM

I surprised you actually bought the game GinXeng... lolz

Kromus 04-21-2010 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GinXeng (Post 155425)
All arguements aside for a bit, please show me a video of you doing the parallel parking or what some people call the "L". Here is my video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glTPLml3h78

You are so right omg!

This piece of shite took them 5+years to make and they come with this kind of physics OMFG!!!!

Stupid 18 wheels of steel series is 10 times better than this arcadish unrealistic crap. They did not make even working odometer...

I just don`t understand "developers" here, if they are too stupid to make working game in 5 goddamn years, let at least modders do some work and make it "open" like Total War series or Silent Hunter series.

danizzz 04-23-2010 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GinXeng (Post 155425)

I cant believe it!....7 years for this horrible physic...:confused:
This is bad even for an arcade game.....

donnerwetter 04-23-2010 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danizzz (Post 155992)
I cant believe it!....7 years for this horrible physic...:confused:
This is bad even for an arcade game.....

Consider this: there is NO situation in whole game in which you are required to do such a trick.

USA Trucker 04-23-2010 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donnerwetter (Post 155993)
Consider this: there is NO situation in whole game in which you are required to do such a trick.

That's just the point:!:

RnR is described by your own people as a simulation. When you get in the proximity of a truck you just press T, and poof, you're hooked up! Not very simulated is it? No skill involved. You don't even get to put you truck in/out of a warehouse either. Bang, cut-scene, and you're there! Also, not very simulated. Plain, and simple, slow movement, maneuverability, and trailer physics stink. A much better job by SCS 18WOS. We the buyers, truckers, and fans, want it better. I can't wait for some of the western PC magazines to write a review of this game.:sad:

Remember, a simulation is suppose to imitate something.

danizzz 04-23-2010 11:44 AM

The game has a very bad physic also when you drive forward on the highway.....
You need just a little brake to make a big truck run into the hardest corners of the map.
A real truck has a big understeer and cant drive in a corner at 70mph without lose traction or the trailer.

pook 04-23-2010 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donnerwetter (Post 155993)

Lol. Sry but this is not an argument. Most players play missions out of curiosity as the story goes. That is all. A lot of people want to be entertained proceeding. He wants to do these tricks, maneuvers. Me do not care a stupid race. Let AI "truckers" are drive race away go WH. I want to free ride, play tricks on. Playing with physics ..... Have attached the double trailers and back 'em how I want. (Double trailers is for a European rarity). In the game, they are not double trailers and not the physics. Sry. That these situations are not? This is a stupid argument. These "tricks" I have enjoyed. Me do not care race and missions.

USA Trucker 04-23-2010 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danizzz (Post 155997)
The game has a very bad physic also when you drive forward on the highway.....
You need just a little brake to make a big truck run into the hardest corners of the map.
A real truck has a big understeer and cant drive in a corner at 70mph without lose traction or the trailer.

To be fair, in real-life you are correct, but in the game, when I tap the breaks at even 90mph I don't have this problem you are describing, or is it that I'm not understanding your description? What do you mean by "hardest corners of the map"?

danizzz 04-23-2010 12:00 PM

I mean that some points on the map needs, in real life, very slow speed if you dont want to have troubles. In the game seem all too much easy.

pook 04-23-2010 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danizzz (Post 156000)
I mean that some points on the map needs, in real life, very slow speed if you dont want to have troubles. In the game seem all too much easy.

I guess you mean road 108...

USA Trucker 04-23-2010 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danizzz (Post 156000)

I got ya. Yes indeed, some of those sharp curves I take at 75mph+. In real life I would have jack-knifed, or worse. Also, have you noticed that at an intersection when making a right turn, and assume a wide outside lane posture (like a real truck) the trailer does not react as it should? It seems to do its own thing.

danizzz 04-23-2010 12:25 PM

Yep, the trailers have their own life in this game....and now we are not talking about parallel parking.....

donnerwetter 04-23-2010 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USA Trucker (Post 155996)

Remember, a simulation is suppose to imitate something.

Well, RnR *IS* imitating truck driving. Up to its limits and goals.

What you are asking for is to make RnR clone of 18WoS... which is nonsense and not gonna happen. Sorry.

However, some of the tips you guys give haven't passed unnoticed. It just not the matter of patch or hotfix to implement them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pook (Post 155998)
Most players play missions out of curiosity as the story goes.

Sry but do you really have an ability to speak on behalf of the most players?

Look, nobody arguing with the statement that trailers behaviour is hardly realistic. But then again, if it was realistic enough to allow you parallel parking, how many times would you do 'this trick' by itself, not asking by the game? Twice, maybe, just to be sure it works? There is just no need to do it. It is so by design.
Sorry, this game is really about missions, deliveries and competiton, all hardcore cutted.

obsolum 04-23-2010 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donnerwetter (Post 156018)
Look, nobody arguing with the statement that trailers behaviour is hardly realistic. But then again, if it was realistic enough to allow you parallel parking, how many times would you do 'this trick' by itself, not asking by the game? Twice, maybe, just to be sure it works? There is just no need to do it. It is so by design.

The point isn't the parallel parking, it's the rubbish physics. I think it's safe to say that most people who would be interested in this game want to feel like they're driving a truck. In order to convey the experience properly the trucks and trailers should behave like a truck and trailer would in real life. The example of the parallel parking is just to illustrate how horribly wrong the physics are.

danizzz 04-23-2010 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by obsolum (Post 156031)
The point isn't the parallel parking, it's the rubbish physics. I think it's safe to say that most people who would be interested in this game want to feel like they're driving a truck. In order to convey the experience properly the trucks and trailers should behave like a truck and trailer would in real life. The example of the parallel parking is just to illustrate how horribly wrong the physics are.

I agree with you!!!;)

USA Trucker 04-23-2010 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danizzz (Post 156051)
I agree with you!!!;)

Me too, and Donnerwetter, nobody here is asking for an 18WoS clone. We are asking for, at the very least, is to have truck physics run, and work properly, or is this simply too much to ask with how far computer games have gone since 18WoS? It's just a damn shame.:(

It also rains quite often in beautiful weather. What's your excuse here? Don't give me that showers routine either. Showers don't last for hours with the sun shinning.

pook 04-23-2010 03:28 PM

Quote:

Sry but do you really have an ability to speak on behalf of the most players?

Worldwide, it certainly can not speak. But I can speak for our Czech and Slovak community!! And it is also the number. Now no longer 95% of fans in our community to turn away from the game. Remained only about 5 percent of children who no matter what how it works. I'm the moderator for this section. And the long years of listening to they comments and I know what they expect from a game, what they like and do not like, etc. Now 95% of our community hates the game and it has a similar view as me. You Be 100% sure! Game got a new name there. Rig'n'Lol.

Worldwide, there may not be so categorical, but I can only guess. You are not reading all truck fans forums?? Probably not! If you are not interested in those numbers, so that's your problem .... More than 60-70% have a negative view on R'n'L

Quote:

What you are asking for is to make RnR clone of 18WoS... which is nonsense and not gonna happen. Sorry.

Lol. Well for one thing. SCS will not play games. Is there a bad game engine, etc. But if you mean to compare these games, so the only nonsense here is the R'n'L!

Quote:

Sorry, this game is really about missions, deliveries and competiton, all hardcore cutted.

If I speak for myself and my friends where I was 100%, so I would do parallel parking always! Each manual unloading of cargo loading!!!! If the situation is always required to back, riding a long arc in turn is sharp for a long truck, etc. ...... !!!

I beg you. I have of you feel that you are the person wearing them from SoftLab. I think it right or not?? I not understand your arguments. That's how doggedly defend the unsuccessful game...

1Truck 04-23-2010 03:36 PM

After playing this game for a while I agree that the physics aren't even close to realistic. SCS software isn't perfect but they have the basic idea of how a truck and trailer move through traffic. Hopefully they'll patch it but I don't see it happening.

I also don't get what they were aiming with this game...so much work into the "realism" but left out so many crucial parts...

pook 04-23-2010 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Truck (Post 156064)
After playing this game for a while I agree that the physics aren't even close to realistic. SCS software isn't perfect but they have the basic idea of how a truck and trailer move through traffic. Hopefully they'll patch it but I don't see it happening.

I also don't get what they were aiming with this game...so much work into the "realism" but left out so many crucial parts...

Than patches to the game RNR may wish rather to SCS produced a new quality to the physics engine. Then stop speculation. Then right after RNR remains utterly forlorn, dead game and no one interest harass SoftLab with patches..:/

USA Trucker 04-23-2010 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Truck (Post 156064)

Yup, and that is what we're trying to convey, but it seems to fall on deaf ears, or they are just not interested in our views. Maybe somebody there should actually attend a trucking school, get behind the wheel of one, and really see what us truckers are all talking about. Don't make a trucking game if you don't know the first thing about it. I'm not talking about being in the shotgun seat! I mean actually drive one.

danizzz 04-23-2010 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USA Trucker (Post 156074)
Yup, and that is what we're trying to convey, but it seems to fall on deaf ears, or they are just not interested in our views. Maybe somebody there should actually attend a trucking school, get behind the wheel of one, and really see what us truckers are all talking about. Don't make a trucking game if you don't know the first thing about it. I'm not talking about being in the shotgun seet! I mean actually drive one.

I totally agree with you. I read somewhere that a game like RnR can give more entertainment to a player, than driving a slow, complicated truck.

Well, i think that maybe a slow real-sim trucking game can give entertaintment for years to come.

how long do you think can last the entertainment of Rnr?
Two weeks?

After the last mission completed do you really want to try another of those unreal trucks? I dont think so!

Kromus 04-23-2010 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danizzz (Post 156083)
I totally agree with you. I read somewhere that a game like RnR can give more entertainment to a player, than driving a slow, complicated truck.

Well, i think that maybe a slow real-sim trucking game can give entertaintment for years to come.

how long do you think can last the entertainment of Rnr?
Two weeks?

After the last mission completed do you really want to try another of those unreal trucks? I dont think so!

The biggest problem I see here is ability to mod something (not to mod just graphic features like trucks/trailers/cars etc. but physics too) Is there even possibility to mod something like in 18WOS series? If yes then theres still a hope...

P.S.: I`m one of those unhappy 95% from CZ/SK community that pook mentioned here.

obsolum 04-23-2010 05:16 PM

You have to keep in mind, though, that generally the main interest of game developers is to sell as many copies of a game as possible. To do that a game must appeal to as broad an audience as possible. That means keeping it simple and adding enough stuff to keep the average player interested.

When reading these forums you may get the impression that the majority of the people are disappointed with the game, but they are only a very very small part of the entire player base. Add to that that someone who is happy with the game will be much less likely to sign up on this forum. People who are unhappy with the game, however, will much more likely sign up on the forum to convey their disappointment and vent their frustration. Which is what you see happening here. So don't be mistaken into thinking that hardly anyone likes this game. The people who do like it just remain silent.

As much as I would like to see a proper trucking sim I just don't see it happening anytime soon because the market for something like that is just way too small if you see the bigger picture. There is a market for it, but it's a niche market and that simply isn't very appealing for any game studio. It's the same in the simracing genre. The best selling games are the Need For Speed series and the like; very arcade style games with highly unrealistic physics and lots of bling and action to keep the average Fast & Furious wannabe happy. If you want a proper racing sim there is only a handful of games available.

As for RnR, I can see them fixing a couple things in an upcoming patch, maybe adding a few features, but I very much doubt that the core of the game - the arcadey physics, the races etc... - will change.

USA Trucker 04-23-2010 06:03 PM

@Obsolum:

Your point is valid, and certainly worth noting. However, (there always seems to be a however) I belong to several gaming forums, and most of them have positive things to say about the games they represent. Such as Tropical3, and Mass Effect2, to name just a couple. They are insightful, and offer many positive recommendation, and generally applaud their games.

I have not been to such a site that had so much of a poor review as this one, by so many people. They hyped the game up so much, only to be let down by some serious performance, physics, and just plain olé lack of realism issues. When I look at a particular game I review forums, and other review formats. So, when you talk about the general population, keep in mind of those people too. The sales they would have had if a lot of those people didn't buy it because of the poor reviews. There are lots of stats to be compared to get the over-all picture of sales, and opinions. This can not be dis-counted.

Also look at how many viewers there are looking at some of the most popular threads, and out of all of them. how many prospective customers are saying "Oh, forget this game"? I come here as often as you, and sometimes I see 10+ guest, or un-registered viewers. These also must be taken into account.