Official Fulqrum Publishing forum

Official Fulqrum Publishing forum (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/index.php)
-   Warrior, Paladin, Mage (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Chaos Magic & Paladin (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=4203)

Quikpik 10-01-2008 03:39 PM

Chaos Magic & Paladin

How many of you are investing in Chaos Magic as a Paladin. I'm currently debating whether to invest any points in it. I play basically as a healer but there are times where I don't cast any spells during a round but have the mana to throw in a nuke here and there.

I am currently level 10 with Order Magic 3 and Distortion Magic 1.

Fargol 10-01-2008 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quikpik (Post 52070)
How many of you are investing in Chaos Magic as a Paladin. I'm currently debating whether to invest any points in it. I play basically as a healer but there are times where I don't cast any spells during a round but have the mana to throw in a nuke here and there.

I am currently level 10 with Order Magic 3 and Distortion Magic 1.

I've taken a similar track, except I started as mage and I'm taking Order magic, mostly healing.

I'm still focusing on Chaos, but I expect I'm gimping myself slightly in that area by taking some Order stuff.

Solkarnar 10-01-2008 05:44 PM

I didnt take Chaos magic at all, but upgraded Order and Mind to both level 3. Magic Poleaxe is Order Magic, and i think Geyser is Mind iirc.

Bonar 10-01-2008 08:35 PM

I think you mean Distortion magic.

Quikpik 10-01-2008 08:39 PM

So the consensus would be to get Order and Distortion to level 3 and don't worry about Chaos?

Bonar 10-01-2008 09:00 PM

Well I invest on Order and Chaos while leaving Distortion at lvl 1. Because of those AoE offensive spell are very usefull for me.

Zhuangzi 10-01-2008 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quikpik (Post 52172)
So the consensus would be to get Order and Distortion to level 3 and don't worry about Chaos?

Yes, definitely. At level 21 I have Chaos 2, Order 3 and Distortion 3. I'm a Paladin and I rarely use the Chaos spells. Shouldn't have bothered.

My two favourite spells at the moment are phantom (really, really useful) and dragon arrows, on a stack of 212 elven archers with an 100% attack modifier artifact. :cool:

ureal 10-02-2008 03:08 PM

Good to know, I was debating to lvl up chaos but couldn't find any useful spells.

Solkarnar 10-02-2008 04:20 PM

Imo the only good Chaos spell for Paladins is Sacrifice, so maybe i would recommend putting 1 point into Chaos magic to learn it.

Fargol 10-02-2008 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhuangzi (Post 52204)
Yes, definitely. At level 21 I have Chaos 2, Order 3 and Distortion 3. I'm a Paladin and I rarely use the Chaos spells. Shouldn't have bothered.

My two favourite spells at the moment are phantom (really, really useful) and dragon arrows, on a stack of 212 elven archers with an 100% attack modifier artifact. :cool:

I just got Phantom, and yes, I concur, it is VERY useful. Enemies attacking the mimic aren't attacking your guys, and with damage spells and ranged units I can wipe the floor with minimal, if any, losses.