Official Fulqrum Publishing forum

Official Fulqrum Publishing forum (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/index.php)
-   IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=132)
-   -   Hide and Seek (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=19084)

bobbysocks 03-07-2011 05:25 PM

Hide and Seek

for those looking for something different to play. i thought of this last night and we toyed with the idea but didnt try it out. simular to the night witches game its a game of hide and seek BoP strike style. it would have to be done in sim for obvious reasons...kinda easy to find someone in real or arcade. and i think it would go better on a cta map. one ac ( the seeker ) lands at the airfield and waits. everyone else ( the hiders ) find a place to land...a field, in a city, wharf, etc. if they can camoflauge themselves or park under some trees...all the better. when they all have landed they signal for the hunt to begin. the seeker can would only be able to get a general idea where the hiders are by the HUD map. once found they can strafe, bomb, rocket, or kamakazie the hider.

you can add all kinds of variations to this like the hiders..once their cover is blown can take off and dogfight the seeker.....or make a run for the airfield and if they make it there they are safe. you can set a time limit for the seeker to find everyone or play unlimited time. its only limited to what you can think up.

Lost Apiarist 03-07-2011 07:36 PM

Sounds fun, wish I had been on. Shoot me a message next time you are playing and see me on :)

The_Stapler 03-07-2011 08:53 PM

This does sound fun. I'll finally have a reason to land my Po-2 other than rescuing hitler...

dkwookie 03-07-2011 11:42 PM

This sounds really good. I reckon the hiders should be in B17s and try and defend their position with guns. I must admit though I never tried to land a 17 in a field!

bobbysocks 03-08-2011 12:41 AM

it could be any plane you want to fly...something you can land reasonably well probably would work best. bomber would be able to defend themselves i would guess.....but then again...that may give your location away as well.

KAV 03-08-2011 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkwookie (Post 231844)
This sounds really good. I reckon the hiders should be in B17s and try and defend their position with guns. I must admit though I never tried to land a 17 in a field!

B17 is easy to land in a field, but maybe more difficult to hide;-)

Rambo Rich 360 03-09-2011 07:36 PM

Should do it on a night-time map in hazy/poor weather as well, hehehehe... :cool:

The_Stapler 03-10-2011 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambo Rich 360 (Post 232648)
Should do it on a night-time map in hazy/poor weather as well, hehehehe... :cool:

That makes finding things almost impossible! These games are gonna be quite lengthy...