Official Fulqrum Publishing forum

Official Fulqrum Publishing forum (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/index.php)
-   IL-2 Sturmovik (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   demo sow? (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=16322)

_79_dev 09-11-2010 11:05 AM

demo sow?

Since I remmember after releasing Il2 Strmovik, there was a free demo version of the game avilable on the website for download. (still have this file on my disk:evil:). Now, before releasing SOW (in 2 weeks time) i am just curious if the same thing may happen again .....

philip.ed 09-11-2010 11:19 AM

I think Oleg commented that there won't be a demo, nor a BETA.

i'd happily be wrong though.

airmalik 09-11-2010 11:36 AM

I'd much rather they focused their efforts on the actual release and put out the demo afterwards. I doubt any of the old faithful will need a demo to convince them to buy SOW and the ones that'd like to kick the tires first won't likely be as impatient as us :)

philip.ed 09-11-2010 12:16 PM

A demo would be useful for me to see if the game will run.

Unless I get a new PC, I doubt I can run the game. So I'd just be buying the game really for later when I get a new PC....

pupaxx 09-11-2010 12:55 PM

No SOW demo will be released.
thousands of copy already virtually sold to thousands of enthusiasts.
Why release a demo to discover our computers aren't fully capable tu run SOW with all bells and whistles on?
It's simply my thought. ;)
I hope to be disproved.
Ciao

Troll2k 09-11-2010 05:10 PM

As I recall Oleg released a demo before the original IL2 was ever released.After the release they did put out a demo 2.

I can understand not putting out a demo until after the game is out(about the same time as dedicated server software)but no beta!What do they do?Go direct from alpha to rc1?

AndyJWest 09-11-2010 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Troll2k (Post 180591)
I can understand not putting out a demo until after the game is out(about the same time as dedicated server software)but no beta!What do they do?Go direct from alpha to rc1?

They beta test internally, or perhaps confidentially amongst trusted outsiders.

speculum jockey 09-12-2010 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philip.ed (Post 180521)

Unless I get a new PC, I doubt I can run the game. So I'd just be buying the game really for later when I get a new PC....

In the past, some companies didn't release a demo because they knew they would lose a lot of business initially due to system requirements, although I'm sure Oleg and co. would never do this.

blades96 09-12-2010 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _79_dev (Post 180507)
Since I remmember after releasing Il2 Strmovik, there was a free demo version of the game avilable on the website for download. (still have this file on my disk:evil:). Now, before releasing SOW (in 2 weeks time) i am just curious if the same thing may happen again .....

Is it being released in two weeks? First I've heard.

Hawker17 09-12-2010 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philip.ed (Post 180521)

Philip, I would recommend waiting another 5 years. In the meantime, IL2 1946 is still developed and even better...

2011: SOW
2012: SOW Forgotten Battles
2013: SOW Forgotten Battles Ace Expansion Pack
2013: SOW Forgotten Battles Gold Pack
2013: SOW Pacific Fighters
2015: SOW Complete Edition
2016: SOW 1947 (includes every expansion pack), just for 10 euro's!

;)

2016 is THE year to buy SOW!