Official Fulqrum Publishing forum

Official Fulqrum Publishing forum (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/index.php)
-   IL-2 Sturmovik (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Aircraft Videos and Images (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=31990)

JG52Krupi 05-04-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bongodriver (Post 418941)
Sadly it has nothing to do with safety but is all to do with making money, you do realise comercial pilots are taken into the simulator just twice a year, and for some it's the only time they even come close to manual flying and even then not all emergencys are practiced, this is all about saving money for the airlines, unlike the military who get continuous training.
No........ real safety will come from properly trained pilots who are well practiced, but because humans are slightly less efficient than computers and burn slighly more fuel (seriously) the airlines discourage hand flying.

Of course its do with safety, the money side of things is pretty much what is expected when you design a system based on what a airliner requires... :!: :confused:

But aren't you seriously over generalizing a bit on the training... sure some airliners don't train nearly of often as they probably should but the "top" airlines have a good record for a reason.

bongodriver 05-04-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JG52Krupi (Post 418945)
Of course its do with safety, pretty much what is expected when you design a system based on what a airliner requires... :!: :confused:

But aren't you seriously over generalizing a bit on the training... sure some airliners don't train nearly of often as they probably should but the "top" airlines have a good record for a reason.

I just happen to work in the industry....what do I know

JG52Krupi 05-04-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bongodriver (Post 418947)
I just happen to work in the industry....what do I know

As do I, so what do I know... ;) :-P

bongodriver 05-04-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JG52Krupi (Post 418948)
As do I, so what do I know... ;) :-P

:grin: well for a start you know what a crock of **** the whole industry is, I hate it with a passion now and am changing career.......lap dancing perhaps

JG52Krupi 05-04-2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bongodriver (Post 418951)
:grin: well for a start you know what a crock of **** the whole industry is, I hate it with a passion now and am changing career.......lap dancing perhaps

Unfortunately I work on the engineering side of things rather than the pilots (where I wanted/wish to be) side ;)

bongodriver 05-04-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JG52Krupi (Post 418954)
Unfortunately I work on the engineering side of things rather than the pilots (where I wanted/wish to be) side ;)

Lucky, they will always need engineers to reboot the bloody things, sadly if you want to sit at the front looking all important then days are numbered.

JG52Krupi 05-04-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bongodriver (Post 418955)
Lucky, they will always need engineers to reboot the bloody things, sadly if you want to sit at the front looking all important then days are numbered.

I actually had a discussion/argument with a fellow engineer in the office about this a few weeks back, he is all for the removal of a pilot while I still see it as a required position... even if the pilot is technically not doing that much.

Pilot less passenger aircraft are still a long way a way IMHO.

Luckily people are still wary of computer controlled vehicles and airliners won't want to go for something passengers are wary of, not yet at least.

bongodriver 05-04-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JG52Krupi (Post 418958)
I actually had a discussion/argument with a fellow engineer in the office about this a few weeks back, he is all for the removal of a pilot while I still see it as a required position... even if the pilot is technically not doing that much.

Pilot less passenger aircraft are still a long way a way IMHO.

Luckily people are still wary of computer controlled vehicles and airliners won't want to go for something passengers are wary of, not yet at least.

Don't be so sure, all they have to do is convince the public that all accidents are pilot error (growing trend) and bingo nobody will want pilots.

David Hayward 05-04-2012 03:03 PM

Future aircraft will be crewed by a pilot and a doberman. The pilot will be there in case there are problems with the automated flight systems. The dog will be there to bite him if he tries to touch anything.

ATAG_Doc 05-04-2012 03:07 PM

Shipping and trains are quickly headed that way. Google recenly created a driverless car in which a blind person sat in the drivers seat. BMW is already on top of this as well. See it in youtube.