Official Fulqrum Publishing forum

Official Fulqrum Publishing forum (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/index.php)
-   IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=189)
-   -   Heavy Stutters near enemy planes on ATAG (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=32222)

Continu0 05-18-2012 04:11 PM

Heavy Stutters near enemy planes on ATAG

Hello!

As CloD is running pretty well with the hotfix, I tried to fly on ATAG (axies vs. alies) today.

Everything went just perfect, except for one thing:

I have heavy stutters near enemy-player-planes (KI doesn´t seem to bee much of a problem, friendly palnes neither). The closer I get, the more FPS I lose.

Does someone else have this problem? Or does anyone have an idea for a fix?

Thank you & enjoy flying!

Continu0

ATAG_Keller 05-18-2012 05:35 PM

Same thing for me. Seems to be worse over land than over water though.

Jatta Raso 05-18-2012 06:14 PM

it has been happening recently over land, seems to be somewhat random, sometimes it happens and sometimes don't... in a fight with about 5 AC over hawkinge it's usual... have my settings pretty high, haven't lowered to see what happens yet; at least it hasn't CTD

SlipBall 05-18-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Continu0 (Post 427259)
Hello!

As CloD is running pretty well with the hotfix, I tried to fly on ATAG (axies vs. alies) today.

Everything went just perfect, except for one thing:

I have heavy stutters near enemy-player-planes (KI doesn´t seem to bee much of a problem, friendly palnes neither). The closer I get, the more FPS I lose.

Does someone else have this problem? Or does anyone have an idea for a fix?

Thank you & enjoy flying!

Continu0

Had the same problem with two enemy on my tail...went from 40fps all the way down to 1fps and holding. Being shot down ender that misery :-P

ATAG_Doc 05-18-2012 08:23 PM

Odd how it's not consistent. Some report this and others don't. Wish we can develop a pattern signature be it hardware or more complex such as O/S, AV, other software installed, drivers, etc. That is a lot of variables but I have no trouble with other planes other than getting shot up lol.

SlipBall 05-18-2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATAG_Doc (Post 427308)
Odd how it's not consistent. Some report this and others don't. Wish we can develop a pattern signature be it hardware or more complex such as O/S, AV, other software installed, drivers, etc. That is a lot of variables but I have no trouble with other planes other than getting shot up lol.

I think that Bliss thought that it may be connected to the amount of pilots, and the server being also a client on Steam...not sure that I have that right:cool:

Continu0 05-18-2012 08:48 PM

Just had another sortie and no problem at all, even with 3 enemies on my tail....

Might Anti-Virus be a problem? or players having different pings?

ATAG_Doc 05-18-2012 09:21 PM

It's strange. I don't have any of these problems. I have weird crap like last night I switched to the gunner from pilot in the BR20 and my plane nosed dived and I couldn't get control of it again. First time this happened to me but its happened a lot to another guy. Then when I switched to his top gunner station the AI is fighting me for control of the turret. This is only in the BR20. But game play and all that is fine. I use to CTD but nothing since the mini update.

phoenix1963 05-18-2012 09:31 PM

Me too

It's made it unplayable near bomber formations.
It's definitely not anti-virus.

56RAF_phoenix

Q9550 @ stock 2.83 Ghz
5 GB RAM
AMD 6970 2GB (well, a 6950 flashed into a 6970)
SSD

phoenix1963 05-18-2012 09:40 PM

I do notice that both Continu0 and I have fairly slow processors.

56RAF_phoenix