Official Fulqrum Publishing forum

Official Fulqrum Publishing forum (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/index.php)
-   CoD download, installation and activation threads (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=193)
-   -   72 hours and no reply from Steam support (AOL Blamed) ? (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=30647)

KG26_Alpha 03-21-2012 08:29 PM

72 hours and no reply from Steam support (AOL Blamed) ?

Steam

There's got to be a better way to access my Cliffs of Dover

I cant install Steam due to Steam Guard Verification code.

No verification e-mail has been sent to me only support request confirmation e-mails.

After 4 support requests over 48 hours still no answer ??

Oh well no CoD for the time being.

:confused:

von Brühl 03-21-2012 08:59 PM

Call them, I was able to get a tech on the line in less than 20 minutes (which is acceptable considering their market, and amount of games they have).

5./JG27.Farber 03-21-2012 11:25 PM

Eh what? Whats going on?

KG26_Alpha 03-22-2012 11:26 AM

Ok

I got a response

They have changed my password. ?????

LOL

Steams a joke.

Theres nothing wrong with my password.

KG26_Alpha 03-22-2012 11:32 AM

This is getting really funny.

They changed my account PW (for no reason)

Then sent a verification code (yay) :-P

Ok put the code in..............

The code you entered is not valid its too old (boo) :mad:

Steam truly is crappy.

5./JG27.Farber 03-22-2012 05:19 PM

This is very unusual, I wonder if someone was trying to steal your steam account and asked for a password reset or some one was trying to log into an account with a simular user name, got the pw wrong and asked for a new one?

Ive never heard of Steam changing someones password for no reason. However I have heard of people stealing peoples accounts...

ATAG_Doc 03-22-2012 06:11 PM

Took them 7 days to answer me last time I opened a ticket.

KG26_Alpha 03-22-2012 07:19 PM

Looks like its going that way for me too.

Although they have replied to me but decided to reset password, send me old validation codes, and generally not read the messages I left them correctly.

After a SSD drive crash, its just a simple case of installing steam on a clean drive and os, I would have thought...................

Well I have only CoD on Steam thankfully.

Troll2k 03-22-2012 10:33 PM

Somehow Steam gets a hardware image of you machine when you install it.If you try putting Steam on another machine, they know it and think someone is trying to hijack your account so they send a verification code to your registered email address.However this code is very time sensitive and if you do not enter it right away it becomes no good and you have to get another one.

This also occurs if you change your hardware.Like upgrading your video card or cpu.

5./JG27.Farber 03-23-2012 07:34 AM

Dont think it happens with the gfx card but yes, definatley with the OS and mobo..