Official Fulqrum Publishing forum

Official Fulqrum Publishing forum (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/index.php)
-   Cryostasis (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   NA/EU reviews (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=6375)

Dcrysis02 02-24-2009 01:14 PM

NA/EU reviews

Eurogamer reviewed Cryostasis!

"Cryostasis is a brave, fascinating, often very beautiful game, but I find it impossible to recommend it - and not least because it runs like an exploded dog on most PCs. It's not quite creative enough - its environments fall into a monotony of samey rooms and bulkheads - and its combat is too clunky to be delicious. I'm certain that this is a game that some gamers will tuck into heartily, and happily. The ugly truth of the meal, however, is that's it's still frozen in the middle."

6/10

Altough i disagree with a few of his comments,let's hope others won't pull this game down.But hey,the user reviews will tell.Anyways,i'm buying it so or so.

thales100 02-25-2009 06:34 PM

Its a great game imo, ill buy the english version too. :-)

Dcrysis02 02-25-2009 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thales100 (Post 67966)
Its a great game imo, ill buy the english version too. :-)

Just hoped the devs would optimize the game a bit more.:rolleyes:

lukankata 02-26-2009 01:12 PM

Really agree with Eurogamer.
Decent and atmospheric game. But repetitiveness kills it. Let me summarize:
You walk a bit, enter a small room, a monster or two pop up, you kill them, walk a bit again, enter another small room, save a dead man through his memories, walk a bit, enter a small corridor, a monster is killed again and so on and on.
In the beginning this scheme works fine but till the end it gets boring and dull.
6/10 is a pretty good score. If you wanted something more and diverse, blame the devs for not torturing their brains more.
A good game is not made only with only one or two gimmicks.

zwiebl 02-27-2009 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lukankata (Post 68035)
Really agree with Eurogamer.
Decent and atmospheric game. But repetitiveness kills it. Let me summarize:
You walk a bit, enter a small room, a monster or two pop up, you kill them, walk a bit again, enter another small room, save a dead man through his memories, walk a bit, enter a small corridor, a monster is killed again and so on and on.
In the beginning this scheme works fine but till the end it gets boring and dull.
6/10 is a pretty good score. If you wanted something more and diverse, blame the devs for not torturing their brains more.
A good game is not made only with only one or two gimmicks.

i totally agree with that. but i'd gave it a little better score; coz i really love the atmosphere. there are alot of worse games that gained the equal score.

Metroplex 02-27-2009 06:45 PM

So you'd rather just walk around and see and kill a monster 'occassionally'?:-P

thales100 02-27-2009 06:56 PM

No, the game is great, there is a story behind everything, and some pretty innovative "cinematics" , puzzles too, amazing GFX and physX.

RyuRanX 02-28-2009 04:20 AM

I hate repetitiveness, but Cryostasis never felt repetitive to me.

Repetitive games are Prince of Persia, Farcry 2, not Cryostasis :-P

Dcrysis02 02-28-2009 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyuRanX (Post 68210)

Same for me.Lukankata,you say these thing like we have to kill the same enemies,and do the same 'Mental Echo' quests over again.Different,tougher enemies appear and there is not just one 'Mental Echo' puzzle.You save each persons life another way,that's not really the same.That would be like if you say you find F.E.A.R.'s slowmo ability repetitive.Yes the 'Mental Echo' is the ability but you do it differently everytime.As for the surrounding being repetitive;what did you expect on a ship?It was moddeled after a real Russian icebreaker as far as i know and ships tend to have small places,tight corners,and a grey,moody color scheme.

thales100 02-28-2009 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyuRanX (Post 68210)

x2 But who is the publisher of PoP and FC 2 ... ;)