Official Fulqrum Publishing forum

Official Fulqrum Publishing forum (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/index.php)
-   Rig'n'Roll (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   What Do You Think About Rig ‘n’ Roll? (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=14472)

USA Trucker 04-21-2010 12:48 PM

What Do You Think About Rig ‘n’ Roll?

OK, I'm sure by now there are enough people here that own the game to finally start a poll. Which ever way you vote, please explain your reason, so others may benefit from your wisdom. Actual owners please. No armchair observers. This way we all know that you have actually "Played" the game, regardless if you paid for it, or used someone else's Key (English, Russian, or any other version).

I voted "It's OK". The game claims to be a simulator, and I believe it is anything but. There is way too much racing, and competitive deliveries. For a game with such good graphics, they could have make the weather much better. Rain don't hardly qualify as a drizzle, and the window wipers effect is poor, or non-existent. You don't get to drive your truck in, or out of the warehouse, or even unhook/hook up your trailer there. To me this is part of the fun, and skill of driving the truck. The truck physics of turning have more of a sliding effect, rather then a turning effect, and the trailer physics could use improvement too.

I could go on, but I'll leave you guys some room. In the mean time make your voices heard. Good, bad, or indifferent.

danizzz 04-21-2010 01:03 PM

I dont like it.

I explain it in other posts.....:(

USA Trucker 04-21-2010 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danizzz (Post 155710)
I dont like it.

I explain it in other posts.....:(

Yah, but not everyone knows where, or just didn't see it. Even a short explanation would be good. Saying you just don't like it, isn't very helpful, and that's what I'm trying to do. This could be the one place that 1C/RnR will look, and hopefully address us.

=XIII=Shea 04-21-2010 01:45 PM

its just about ok

i voted thats it ok,but it needs a lot of improvement,simulation they say i dont think so,physics is crap on the trailers,far far to much racing,GET RID OF IT 1C,what is the point of having abutton to hook u the trailers if you cant do it yours self,i never seen a truck being able to do dounuts also no need for timelimits it should be a relaxing game not rush rush rush,speed limits are non exsistant,ai are stupid,why also is there no tire ware?sounds are horrible,good points are,grapics,damage,upgrade,s:(,is there any point in posting at all?are 1c looking at our comments?is there anyway that they can be contacted to find out if the will fix these probs or are we wasting out time posting?

novatekk 04-21-2010 01:46 PM

Voted "It's OK".

My main gripe with this game is it's poor performance. I just can't enjoy any game when it's sluggish. It's sad because without the horribly implemented traffic the game runs smooth as silk and has some amazing graphics. Especially the transistions between evening/night/morning are beautifully done and add some amazing atmosphere to the game.

That sad, I just want to pick a truck, select some cargo, put on some nice music and drive. That's why I have to agree with USA Trucker on the racing/competitive deliveries part. Not so much because it may or may not reflect real life but because I want to do things at my own pace in this game.

Ofcourse there are a lot of things that would make this game better e.g. manual hooking/unhooking at the warehouses, more activity around truckstops (look deserted now)...but those are not my main concerns.

I bet that for a lot of people on this forum, the performance part is the least of their concerns but to each his own I guess. Really looking forward to the patch as they promised a decent performance boost.

USA Trucker 04-21-2010 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by novatekk (Post 155716)
Voted "It's OK".

My main gripe with this game is it's poor performance. I just can't enjoy any game when it's sluggish.

This is one problem I don't have. I have everything maxed out, and it runs as smooth as a babies bottom. I think this is a computer issue, not a gaming one. I have not seen one jerky clip, freeze, blackout, or sluggish movement as of yet. Your other points I agree with.

novatekk 04-21-2010 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USA Trucker (Post 155718)
This is one problem I don't have. I have everything maxed out, and it runs as smooth as a babies bottom.

You're playing the English version right? I'm still on the Russian one. I doubt it has anything to do with my computer. I have it installed on two different systems (mine and my brother's). Both setups surprass the recommended specs by a mile, both are freshly installed, have the latest drivers, are defragged etc.

I know that "smooth" can be subjective thing but I really doubt anyone would call this smooth as a babies bottom. So I guess they might have fixed this in the English version because the Russian forums are full of people with the same complaints and among them are many who have top-of-the-bill systems.

Also, on top of the patch list that was released a couple of weeks ago was the major performance boost, so it really is an issue with the game, not with my system.

USA Trucker 04-21-2010 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by novatekk (Post 155721)
I know that "smooth" can be subjective thing but I really doubt anyone would call this smooth as a babies bottom.

Would you prefer "smooth" as silk, mink, velvet, etc. It's just an expression.;) Yes, I do have the English version. So, I guess your issue has merit. Sorry.

Kolorabi 04-21-2010 03:10 PM

I like it, but it needs a lot more polishing. There are just too many stupid little problems and random things, it's hard to play it even for half an hour and not have something random mess things up for you at least once.

I don't think it needs more realism, this isn't for the hardcore sim enthusiasts who values realism over fun.

novatekk 04-21-2010 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USA Trucker (Post 155722)
Would you prefer "smooth" as silk, mink, velvet, etc. It's just an expression.;) Yes, I do have the English version. So, I guess your issue has merit. Sorry.

Haha! No, no you got me all wrong m8 ;) I know it's an expression. I just meant to say that the frames I got are far from as smooth as a babies butt :P

With subjective I meant that some regard 30 fps as smooth while others may prefer higher framerates.

gg14870 04-21-2010 06:13 PM

I voted "It's okay". There are many problems that are undermined in the game. I don't like how the game brings you into the depot and you do not get to hook up the trailer. The AI cars and trucks stinks and the graphics could be greatly improved upon. I don't think police cars could phase through trucks, right? Also, the sounds of the trucks could be improved. Also, 1C should fix the memory leakage.

danizzz 04-21-2010 07:17 PM

The main reason i dont like it is because its an arcade game.

You can't dock trailers, no speed limit, no working switches, useless story mode (in my opinion), bad traffic, arcade driving, bad brakes, no real gears (even WOS has real gears), flyng cars during collisions......

I mean these guys are the creators of one of the best war sims (IL2 sturmovick)
why cant be done the same for a truck game?

novatekk 04-21-2010 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danizzz (Post 155753)
I mean these guys are the creators of one of the best war sims (IL2 sturmovick)
why cant be done the same for a truck game?

IL-2 Sturmovik is done by 1C:Maddox Games, RnR is done by Softlab-Nsk.
I don't think 1C is developing RnR, only publishing.

USA Trucker 04-21-2010 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by novatekk (Post 155767)
IL-2 Sturmovik is done by 1C:Maddox Games, RnR is done by Softlab-Nsk.
I don't think 1C is developing RnR, only publishing.

Right you are.

danizzz 04-21-2010 09:34 PM

ops!!:grin:
Lets give to Maddox games the production of RNR 2!!!:grin::grin:

flykas 04-22-2010 07:00 AM

voted :It's ok but needs alot of improvement. Well there are things to fix like, going into warehouses and stuff, but for me it would be enough if it had good realistic physics, something like ht 2 was just a bit improved. Than it would fun to drive in this huge map, wach beautifle scenery and do missions whatever they are. I mean it was realy interesting in ht 2, you could the weight of the load sometimes it was really dificult to haul it. And now every load is the same, and truck doesn't seem like a heavy machine. It's just a dull race drivingvise. So i want to say that physics allmost destroed the game for me.

obsolum 04-22-2010 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danizzz (Post 155753)
(...) (even WOS has real gears) (...)

Wait, what WoS are you talking about here? The last one I played was Haulin' and that did not have real gears, only incredibly unrealistic sequential gearboxes that shift faster than an F1 car, and no clutch support. At least RnR does have clutch support - even if it's implemented poorly - and it supports a gear selector as well.

danizzz 04-22-2010 09:04 AM

In haulin trucks have 16-18 gears like in the real life.
There was for, every gear, the position Low and high.
The changes were not realistic but at lest you have a real gear box.

danizzz 04-22-2010 10:13 AM

As far as i know real truckers dont use that much the clutch.
They use it most for the first two gears.
But this is not my job:)....last word to the real truckers out there!!

obsolum 04-22-2010 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danizzz (Post 155836)
In haulin trucks have 16-18 gears like in the real life.
There was for, every gear, the position Low and high.
The changes were not realistic but at lest you have a real gear box.

A lot of trucks in real life have normal 6-speed gearboxes as well so in that aspect RnR isn't really unrealistic. I know all the trucks I have driven had only 6 gears. But yes, it would be nice if RnR featured gearboxes with high and low gears as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by danizzz (Post 155842)
As far as i know real truckers dont use that much the clutch.
They use it most for the first two gears.
But this is not my job:)....last word to the real truckers out there!!

I guess it would depend on the kind of gearbox they have, but for a "normal" gearbox - ie. a 6 speed gearbox without low and high gears - I would imagine you have to use the clutch on every gearshift. Of course it's possible to shift without the clutch if you know exactly at what rpm to shift, just like you can shift without the clutch in a car.

Raishi 04-23-2010 02:45 AM

Apparently I'm the only one to vote that I love the game so far.

I haven't had any issues with bugs or performance like some others are complaining about; it's silky smooth at max detail on my machine (I would hope so, with my hardware.) I don't have a problem with it being "arcade-y" either; I've been waiting ten years for a sequel to Hard Truck 2, and that's what this is; it plays very much like that, which is what I was personally looking for. If I wanted a slow, realistic sim, I'd play Euro truck simulator; Rig'n'Roll is Hard Truck 3, and Hard Truck was never about realism.

So far, I'm enjoying the game immensely; I quite like making deliveries at 110mph, and I love the attention to detail in the world; the highway systems are far, far better than in any other trucking game I've played as of yet, and that makes them so much more fun to drive.

Hotel 04-23-2010 04:14 AM

Hate it!

Having parted with $35.oo I'd expect to play a 100% trucking sim like what they advertized on RNR site. Like some who posted in the forums, a trucking simulation means getting that rig parked, hitched/unhitched, towed and backed up with great skill. I'm no trucker, but whenever I see an 18wheeler backup on a ramp to its loading/unloading dock, I never fails to amaze me. Let's have some real world physics in the game and real driver behaviors. Real truckers (at least most) don't weave in and out of traffic just so they'd be first to deliver the cargo. Sure you'd have a timetable to keep, but the game implements it very unrealistically. You guys mentioned the rain and the eye-candy wipers. No Track-IR support, you'd have to use the mouse emulation which is kinda unnerving after a while. Sound is flat. They sound like they got it from Hard Truck or King of the Road. The cops are a pain even if it wasnt your fault. Controls are overly sensitive even at the lowest setting. Somehow driving a freightliner feels like driving a dodge minivan, slow but nimble. Force feedback on the G-27 was barely perceptible. Hard Truck had probably better FF, like the wheels "fought" with you in a fast tight turn. Again, maybe having played grid, dirt series, GTR series made me expect a lot from driving games, but I'm a sucker for driving SIMS, trucking or otherwise. And having played these wonderful games made me vote HATE it... especially having to pay that much. But don't get me wrong, this game has potential to be great if they fix it.

danizzz 04-23-2010 09:33 AM

I think theres too much to be fixed in a patch. Its a game born in a wrong way.

The only thing i read they want to add are the pedestrians......:shock:....

USA Trucker 04-23-2010 10:24 AM

Two problems that I see mentioned quite often is the G25, and the Cops. Both are getting a bad rep.

Lets go with the G25 first:
I use to have a problem saving my inputs for the G25, steering, FF, etc, but not anymore. There is a file in MyDocuments\MyGames\RignNRoll_eng\yourprofilename\ double-click the file with sprocket. This will solve all your problems, and over-ride the game conflicts of imputing. It took me about 30 min. to get it just right (save the original before you try it). Now my clutch & shifter reacts smoothly, and accurately. Steering, and FF are as they should be, right down to the tension on turns, jumping curbs, or driving on dirt.

Now the Police:
I don't have a problem here either, and I'll tell you why. I very seldom have interaction with the police in the game, except for accidents. Just like in real-life if an 18 Wheeler is involved in an accident, (your fault, or not), the police are going to get involved, or the US DOT's. However, getting handcuffed, and fined (if not your fault) is a little over the top. What I find to be unrealistic is that you can do 100 mph, and blow the doors off the cops, and they don't so much as bat an eye at you!!:grin:

pook 04-23-2010 10:39 AM

I agree 100% with Hotel. I tried to write all the problems, but it was very, very ,.... coastline, the text that I had deleted this. Moreover, my English is poor. Let me put it simply and not too much to write ..
SoftLab either working on optimizing the game. But for us as fans crave Hardcore Truck sim they offer editors for modification (physics, models of trucks, traffic, maps ... etc)
Then it would be fair to all and will attract more people to this game. Who wants to run both the original game? Trucks and AI with poor physics? OK play. While enjoying the fun. But those who are looking for truck simulation otherwise, they have the opportunity to modify the game just for them. Softlab will not waste time with real mod and will work to optimize the necessary (Perhaps Softlab the real mod patches were equally bad) community modeller will work 100% faster and better.
According to me a fair solution for all the loving Trucking. and I will not have to freeze reincarnation to 50 years to achieve it in slow SoftLab patches .....
I voted hate the game. Watching the game about 6 years and I've been a big fan and supporter. Unfortunately now what is out there big disappointment. Now I hate the game, but still hope. As a colleague said. I see there the potential for revolutionary truck sim. It is yet unfulfilled potential. If a change of modifications and improvements in the right direction. This game I could love again as before.

gg14870 04-23-2010 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raishi (Post 155942)
Apparently I'm the only one to vote that I love the game so far.

I haven't had any issues with bugs or performance like some others are complaining about; it's silky smooth at max detail on my machine (I would hope so, with my hardware.) I don't have a problem with it being "arcade-y" either; I've been waiting ten years for a sequel to Hard Truck 2, and that's what this is; it plays very much like that, which is what I was personally looking for. If I wanted a slow, realistic sim, I'd play Euro truck simulator; Rig'n'Roll is Hard Truck 3, and Hard Truck was never about realism.

So far, I'm enjoying the game immensely; I quite like making deliveries at 110mph, and I love the attention to detail in the world; the highway systems are far, far better than in any other trucking game I've played as of yet, and that makes them so much more fun to drive.

Rashi, where did you buy the game from?

Raishi 04-24-2010 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gg14870 (Post 155989)
Rashi, where did you buy the game from?

Gamersgate, why?

Se7en 04-25-2010 04:12 PM

I voted "I Like It (needs some improvements)"
Explanaton: It needs some more optimization. (Yes I have EN version). Raise FPS a bit because i can run GTA IV @ 65FPS with all patches, and this barely runs @ high 35-40 FPS!

Cheers!!!

duckcs 05-05-2010 05:05 PM

I think should make a remake of King of the Road, can even use the same physics, just make the graphics better, that game was perfect, I have GTA IV and 2TB of new games here, but I keep playing King of the Road...

It's just... Funny, it's real but at the same time fun, you know?

The only problem in king of the road is the bmw m5, that keeps hitting the floor on every turn hehe

ScaniaTrucker 05-12-2010 09:05 AM

So i bought this eventually from Gamersgate. Here's my first impressions after one night of testing.

+ The design of the map. All the intersections, roads & scenery looks very realistic.
+ Nicely detailed trucks
+ Overall gfx
+ Truck engine sounds
+ Exhaust effects
+ Music tracks are good and fits perfectly to trucking game.

- Automatic trailer docking. This is more than disgrace in trucking game really. :(
- Physics seems strange.
- Time limits are too tight.
- Performance is just horrible. (the traffic kills the fps completely so i had to lower it down to zero.)

Overally this game COULD be awesome. It's just that the most important part of the truckers job is docking and manouvering the trailer to tight spot to unload it. I just don't understand why the developers did this automatic shit. :(

So pretty please developers. :-P
Add the option to dock the trailer and reduce time limits and fix performance and this game could be number 1 trucking game.

gg14870 05-12-2010 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raishi (Post 156299)
Gamersgate, why?

It seems that most people who do not buy the game from the 1C website have better experiences. Just trying to get support for my hunch so I could email them with an extended list of problems.

Excalibur688 05-24-2010 05:56 AM

Poll answer

Graphics are great, story line is good and the random stuff that happens is a good surprise. Only bad thing I have found is the learning curve for driving. I have a wheel and pedals and I seem to have "had" a few minor glitches starting out. little touchy at first got that straightened out and had some pedal issues which I have corrected. I did have some problems navigating at first but I am picking that up better.

Excalibur688 05-24-2010 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gg14870 (Post 158738)
It seems that most people who do not buy the game from the 1C website have better experiences. Just trying to get support for my hunch so I could email them with an extended list of problems.

BTW I got mine from 1C and have none of the above issues.

Lolsmurf 06-17-2010 04:48 PM

I just got Rig 'n Roll and I must say that I am very impressed !
Let me give some very good and very bad points.

+
Beautiful scenery (you just feel like you 're really driving in California !)
Night/Day cycle
Soundtracks
Damage system
Truck failure

-
police
lack of signs
extreme braking
gps/map

=> Overal I give this game a well deserved 7.5/10
The feeling you get when you play the game makes good all the bad things and bugs. The braking is not a major bug, because when you don't brake very hard on a sudden the brakes work well. The police stays a major gamedistrupter, if there only was a way to turn them of...
Also small details like lights on mountains and houses on mountains and valleys makes the game scenery very very very realistic, it is like you're driving in Spain or another southern EU country !

The lights of the AI at night is beautiful too !

Too bad my pc cant run the game on max high settings !

Pete379exhd 06-17-2010 10:57 PM

Disappointed?

Was anybody else as disappointed as I was after playing the game for the first time? I waited for 6 years (that's when I found out about it) and come to find out it's really not a simulator so much as an arcade game. Don't get me wrong I've played it every day since I've had it but it's just a little disappointing not behing able to hook up, not having trailers track right (I use the peterbilt 379 by the way that agrivated the fire out of me that it's not called a pete 379, I mean they seem to do alright behind the freightliner argrosy but you'd figure they would've got that right after that long.) And well the motors are a joke right along with the transmission. A 600 cat not pulling a hill with a loaded trailer? Never heard of that even with Cal. Emissions laws the C-15 would pull a hill and not drop off even in the tallest gear. And well 5th gear I've noticed is virtually useless if you're not bobtailing. and I've yet to find a place where I can upgrade to a 6spd...I'm assuming there is one due to the fact that 6 is 6th gear. I'm no gaming programmer and maybe the russian version is different but I find this to be more of an arcade game with realistic damage than a Simulator does anybody else feel the same way?

kennyb87 06-18-2010 12:03 AM

No 6th gear in the game at all

USA Trucker 06-18-2010 12:25 AM

@LolSmurf,
Well it's about time:eek: Now you can post your pics & vids;) I'm glad to see you finally got it. Have fun:!:

Flagman_20 06-18-2010 01:45 PM

Well, it's been a long time since I've been here. (hai gaiz!!)
So I thought I'd give my 2 cents on the game:

I really like it. It's about as addicting as Hard Truck 2, so I should be playing this for weeks on a row. The story mode is a really good surprise. Honestly, I thought this would be an incoherent mess of missions with a not very believable story. I was pretty surprised that, even though not really realistic, it made sense and it was fun to play. The voice acting is pretty decent (not the overly-pronounced accents I thought it'd have; however the Spanish accent sounds more Canadian than anything else :P ), and the cutscenes look pretty good. The side missions do break the monotony of driving from point A to point B, and you get to meet some pretty interesting characters, even though some of them are pointless (ie. you get a distress call from a broken down trucker, you get there, do nothing and get money for it).

Now, as far as the gameplay goes, it's not as good as I'd like for it to be. For example, the warehouse is a terrible idea. Not only can't you skip the long and boring cutscene, but you can't back up and unhook the trailer. Also, the truck seems to get somewhat confused sometimes, constantly revving the engine and half a second later coming to a halt. Sometimes, the truck doesn't even know what gate to choose. ;D
I'd also REALLY like it if there was a propper 13/15/18 speed gearbox. I'm not a fan of the racing either, but that IS the essence of the Hard Truck series, so I can't really complain about that. :P

I like the handling of the trucks, it really feels like you're behind the wheel of a large and heavy 18-wheeler-which is more than could be said for 18WoS. The truck customization is a major plus point, even though it seems like you gave the licensed trucks a lot more attention in this (for example, it's a lot easier to find parts for a Freightliner than for a Peterbilt, and the Peterbilt has a lot less parts to choose from). Something that I was a bit dissapointed at was the colour choice. I'd much rather like to have a colour spectrum sort of thing than just some 5 colours. And I'm sorry to say this, but the sounds are just terrible. The sound samples, excluding maybe one or two, aren't very good as it is, but it seems like you've created a very idiotic system to implement them. It's like the sounds don't blend propperly with each other (ie. going from the medium-RPM sound to the high-RPM sound), and it seems like the sounds barely change pitch (ie. being at 700 and 1000RPM sounds exactly the same).
For some reason, I also get the odd Crash to Desktop with no error screen.

So, to summarize, it's a very good game, but there's defenentley room for improvement.

Good Points:
-Story line
-Truck customization
-Damage system
-Graphics (they're good enough for me, anyway)
-Weather system

Bad Points:
-Sounds
-Police (they get extremely annoying sometimes; they should be a bit less forocious)
-The warehouse thing

Melkor 06-18-2010 04:22 PM

In my mind its the perfect truck sim, has the realistic effect to it ^_^
im not dissapointed besides the fact the cops are like brick walls when you try to take them down :(

veemaxis 06-18-2010 04:55 PM

There are only two things that disappointed me in this game, the trailer physics (which in German Truck Simulator is a lot better) and the number of gears, I expected to make an "L" with the semi + trailer without having it sliding sideways and also a 10, 13, 15 and 18 speed gearbox, not a 5 speed one, which is kinda lame sometimes, specially when you're going from Bridgeport to Mi-Wuk Village, I love that steep hill road, but the gears screw the engine power even using the Cummins 565 that I use.

As for the rest of the game, it is more than expected for me.

Lolsmurf 06-18-2010 05:45 PM

Totally agree !

The sounds are nog good at all, the AI sounds like jets and never horns (?)
But I found a bug, when you change view in your cabine the sound suddenly dissapears, even if you horn the sound of the engine nor the sound of the horn is heared inside the cabin.

But overall the feeling you get from playing the game is awesome ! The mountains on the background are amazingly done !!!!

Anyway nice job 1C ! Maybe fix the sounds and and more signs and that's it !

Too bad my crappy pc really cant get high graphics, I have to play allmost on lowest, time to get a new pc and freak on this game for weeks !!

yesil 06-18-2010 06:05 PM

No time,No race!
only simulation game please!

Pete379exhd 06-19-2010 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veemaxis (Post 165240)
There are only two things that disappointed me in this game, the trailer physics (which in German Truck Simulator is a lot better) and the number of gears, I expected to make an "L" with the semi + trailer without having it sliding sideways and also a 10, 13, 15 and 18 speed gearbox, not a 5 speed one, which is kinda lame sometimes, specially when you're going from Bridgeport to Mi-Wuk Village, I love that steep hill road, but the gears screw the engine power even using the Cummins 565 that I use.

As for the rest of the game, it is more than expected for me.

I guess maybe I'm to hard on game designers I love the graphics and most of the other features. But a 600 horse cat not pulling a hill is rediculous in my personal opinion. I've got a theory on the transmission issue though. they were going to make it compaitible with the logitech G27 wheel which only offers a max of 6 speeds. So that might be why they limited us to 5 gears but who knows. I'd like to grab an eaton 18spd shift tower, pedal assembly and steering wheel out of a tractor that was totalled and have my uncle design a system compatible with trucking sims. he's a computer wiz and could probably do it but there's a limited market and it wouldn't be cheap. be nice if I was smart enough to design a game...it'd take 20 years though:grin:

Lolsmurf 06-19-2010 02:48 PM

You have the option to deliver it in a 'race' or not...

And in real life truckers also get delivery times !!

veemaxis 06-19-2010 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete379exhd (Post 165326)
But a 600 horse cat not pulling a hill is rediculous in my personal opinion.

I've got a theory on the transmission issue though. they were going to make it compaitible with the logitech G27 wheel which only offers a max of 6 speeds.

1 - Well I agree with that, alhtough I rather Cummins engines, 600 hps should be able to pull a trailer up in a steep hill faster than 35 ~ 40 mph.

2 - Even though the G27 has only 6 gears, they could've applied in the game a special key to shift from low to high gears, pretty much as it is done in a real semi, you gotta press or release a lever/key/switch to change from low to high range, then you could have 6, 12 and 18 speed gears.

EDIT:
I just remembered, another thing that annoys me sometimes is the speed that most of the cars go around a turn, I mean, some of the turns, even the sharper ones, you can make it with your semi and trailer at around 30 ~ 40 mph without any problem, but the AI cars tend to make them at 10 or 15 mph or even less. I've lost lots of deliveries because I couldn't make'em on time due to be stuck behind a car that slow...

M76 06-26-2010 09:19 PM

"needs a lot of improvements"

1: it needs is more realistic acceleration of the trucks. Its ridicilous that the rig accelerates almost the same without load and with a 15t semi.

2: the traffic should be aware of you: eg if you come up behiind a car strolling in the fast lane at 35mph it should get out of the way. Or at least if you start flashing your lights and pressing the horn. I'm tired of coming up on two or three cars going side by side completely blocking the road at sub par speeds on the highway.

3: There should be some incentive to keep speed limits. Because now you can go at 100mph anywhere without having to worry about anything. The cops only chase after you if you crash into something or go the wrong way. I hate to bring up Kotr but I liked the idea of speed radars, of course you could have learned their position but you still had to slow down for them.

4: Why the hell does the game start with you already having 100.000 bucks and a truck with the best avaialable engine in it? At least in the hardest setting you should start off with no money and a worn out old truck with crappy engine that's barely capable of doing fifty. This way there is no challenge, you can already win everything and buy almost anything right at the start.

5: When you're buying trucks there is absolutely no information about their performance. But at least its a challenge to try them all out.

6: When you get an offer on the telephone, you have to blindly decide to take it or not. I mean you should be made aware of the time limits and exact destinations involved, because most of the time there is absolutely no indication where you have to take what and when, you only find it out after you took the job.

7: The infamous collision detection algorythm that the game seems to have inherited from kotr without any significant improvement. They even managed to make it worse, because it happened many times that the ai drivers just went into each other, and when it realizes there's something wrong one of the two merged cars is sent flying all over the place, most likely into your truck.

8: Smaller bugs and inconveniences:
I.: sometimes when speaking on the telephone the voice goes mute, and you can only read the message, which is not a very good idea when traveling at 80-100mph.
II.: the last word of each sentence is cut off during conversations with npcs sometimes
III: It happpened twice that my passenger somehow spawned a twin, and there were two of them sitting on each other, one static and the other talking.
IV: The environment cube map is static only, it only relfects the terrain but not the other vehichles. When I'm in the warehouse I can see on the back of my truck that the crane that supposed to lower the trailer comes down, but it looks empty cause the environment map doesn't inlcude the trailer. I don't know how did the developers miss this flaw, or they did know about it and just didn't think it was worth the effort to fix?

Oh, I forgot one thing: the weather. There's supposed to be dynamic weather in the game but I can't see anything, sometimes there is some 'rain' but its barely noticable the road doesn't get wet, the windscreen stays completely clean, I never ever had to use the wipers in the game. Am I experiencing some kind of a problem, or its like this for everyone? I mean in Kotr there were big storms wind, it got dark when when it rained, the other trucks splashed the water from the road, everything was more realistic. Even Hard Truck 1 had better weather than this, especially the water drops on the windscreen.

USA Trucker 06-27-2010 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M76 (Post 166916)
"needs a lot of improvements"
6: When you get an offer on the telephone, you have to blindly decide to take it or not. I mean you should be made aware of the time limits and exact destinations involved, because most of the time there is absolutely no indication where you have to take what and when, you only find it out after you took the job.

Am I experiencing some kind of a problem, or its like this for everyone? I mean in Kotr there were big storms wind, it got dark when when it rained, the other trucks splashed the water from the road, everything was more realistic. Even Hard Truck 1 had better weather than this, especially the water drops on the windscreen.

Phone Offers.
On 'Side-Missions' they do tell you the vicinity to pick-up & drop-off 90% of the time if you listen carefully, and when you accept the mission there are arrow indicators on the map for each part of the mission as you complete them. I never had a problem in this respect. Like in real-life, you don't always have time to write every piece of information down while driving. The time limit is added to the HUD & Journal when you accept it, but you can hear some hints in the conversation. Such as pick-up, or deliver by "tonight, or tomorrow, & quickly, or hurry". Some of the 'Story-Line' missions intentionally leave you in the dark, but that's part of the fun.

The Weather.
This is a programming error. It should get overcast, and the rain should blur the windshield, I believe DonnerWetter (RnR developer) stated that this would be rectified in an upcoming patch. However, I do see wet roads, and wheel back-splash. I also ran across a guy on YOUTUBE who had a code for making the raindrops bigger on the windshield, and the outside camera view, but I seem to have misplaced it. I'll try to get it again, and share it with you guys.

Golden Gate (Day in HD).
A Drive Through S.F.

=XIII=Shea 06-27-2010 01:52 PM

yea trucker i seen it on the 1c ru forums but the link seems to be down:(,also trucker what traffic do you have yours set to it seams just about right,do you know when the up coming patch is coming out

USA Trucker 06-27-2010 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by =XIII=Shea (Post 166978)
yea trucker i seen it on the 1c ru forums but the link seems to be down:(,also trucker what traffic do you have yours set to it seams just about right,do you know when the up coming patch is coming out

The traffic is set to 1 green light in the "Traffic Density Settings" for this video. I have said all I'm going to say about up-coming patches in the appropriate thread.;)

M76 06-27-2010 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USA Trucker (Post 166932)
Phone Offers.
On 'Side-Missions' they do tell you the vicinity to pick-up & drop-off 90% of the time if you listen carefully, and when you accept the mission there are arrow indicators on the map for each part of the mission as you complete them. I never had a problem in this respect. Like in real-life, you don't always have time to write every piece of information down while driving. The time limit is added to the HUD & Journal when you accept it, but you can hear some hints in the conversation. Such as pick-up, or deliver by "tonight, or tomorrow, & quickly, or hurry". Some of the 'Story-Line' missions intentionally leave you in the dark, but that's part of the fun.

Yes sometimes they do tell the destination sometimes there is absolutely no hint about it. And you can't count on hurry, urgent, and other remarks. There was one time when I accepted an order where they said there is absolutely no urgency and the time limit was less than 10 minutes, It was impossible to make without cancelling or failing all current orders. And also there was one time when they said its very urgent, and the time limit was half an hour.

USA Trucker 06-27-2010 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M76 (Post 166989)
Yes sometimes they do tell the destination sometimes there is absolutely no hint about it. And you can't count on hurry, urgent, and other remarks. There was one time when I accepted an order where they said there is absolutely no urgency and the time limit was less than 10 minutes, It was impossible to make without cancelling or failing all current orders. And also there was one time when they said its very urgent, and the time limit was half an hour.

When you accept a mission, there is always a time limit. You have to go to the 'Journal', and look at the missions you currently accepted. Click on each one, and look at the times. There is also a 'Make This My Current Mission' tab there. If you select it, that mission will appear in the HUD, Map, and Time Remaining.

This is a common mistake many people make. They accept too many missions, and lose track of the remaining times to complete them. I now look at all current missions, and complete the ones with the least amount of time left. You don't have to take every Side-Mission that pops up. It's up to you to remember what you have, and keep an eye on them.

M76 06-27-2010 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USA Trucker (Post 166990)
When you accept a mission, there is always a time limit. You have to go to the 'Journal', and look at the missions you currently accepted. Click on each one, and look at the times. There is also a 'Make This My Current Mission' tab there. If you select it, that mission will appear in the HUD, Map, and Time Remaining.

This is a common mistake many people make. They accept too many missions, and lose track of the remaining times to complete them. I now look at all current missions, and complete the ones with the least amount of time left. You don't have to take every Side-Mission that pops up. It's up to you to remember what you have, and keep an eye on them.

I didn't say I lost track of anything I can remember, but HOW THE HELL SHOULD I KNOW if a mission will fit into my schedule or not if I only get the neccessary information to decide AFTER I accepted it?

USA Trucker 06-27-2010 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M76 (Post 167014)
I didn't say I lost track of anything I can remember, but HOW THE HELL SHOULD I KNOW if a mission will fit into my schedule or not if I only get the neccessary information to decide AFTER I accepted it?

You may simply be taking too many missions on. This game is a learning process, and I can't give you every detail as to why, and why not things work the way they do.

Sometimes when you accept a mission it will ask you "do you wish to cancel your current task?". Other times if you have a mission uncompleted, and try to go to the warehouse, and pick-up another load, you will be denied. Like any other story driven game, everything is experimental by trial & error.

I spent enough time here trying to explain this portion of the game. Let's get back on topic.

M76 06-27-2010 07:45 PM

I want my money back, with interest

Ok, I'm fed up, this game has caused me more frustration than anything else, so far.

Its riddled with serious bugs and glitches, and not just little annoyances but serious gameplay and campaign deciding issues. I was driving around for half a day without problems when I realized that somehow the game went wrong, and I couldn't continue because of some bug, and I had to go back to a save from yesterday, because that was the only one that wasn't affected by the bug, that lost me about 6 hours of playtime. I bought the game to have fun and not to waste my time.

I don't even understand what is the point of this forum, I don't think the information collected here will ever reach the developers. Also I don't understand why didn't the developers organized a beta test for the game, I bet there are thousands of gamers out there who would have gladly helped to uncover the bugs for FREE. Ok, I know in public beta tests there are lots of users who don't give useful feedback, but releasing a game this far from complete is just unacceptable. I already see a second king of the road coming. For those who can't remember: It was the same story with Hard Truck 2, they released it prematurely, and it was riddled with bugs, it constantly quit to the desktop and had other issues, they relased a few patches for it, but it never worked well. And after a few years they released King of the road, which is basically Hard Truck 2 presented in an acceptable fashion it was far from perfect, but it was in a state that was presentable.

kennyb87 06-27-2010 08:39 PM

You maybe should PM the mod instead of flaming him on the forum and patches are being worked on to fix bugs it's just a matter of time. I waited years for the game so can easily wait a few more month for the majority of bugs to be taken out

Blackop2 06-27-2010 08:43 PM

Yeah i agree that this game was released with what seems no beta testing or care to check for bugs.

i dont know the backstory or anything other then it has a few bugs, but maybe they released it for money so they can continue development? no idea

But i bought it and i like it the way it is. I want them to fix some bugs terribly but i am fine with the current gameplay. I dont think this game should have been released in this state and i doubt anyone who made it will even read this post but i have hope it will be fixed.

I didnt waste my money cause, i had fun with it. Like i voted, Yes, it has some problems but nothing I can't live with.

I think this game was released pre maturely and it could have been so much more.

But i like the gameplay, the bugs to me arent gamebreaking. I wish they would fix them of course but nothing i cant deal with. The only problem i have right now is the roads you can take (or so it appears you can) and then you end up crashing into a barrier wondering why can i go this way just to be stopped.

I stopped playing cause i lost interest as soon as that happened. As for the very bad physics and the barriers in the middle of the road. i enjoyed this game when i played it. I just dont have the patience to play it and then be stopped all of a sudden having to turn around.

Im guessing this is supposed to be there. but why have a path way on the map if i am going to be stopped?
pic:
http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8...1900323041.png

Haddock 06-28-2010 12:17 AM

Yhea,my too.I love 18WOS for the gameplay,(Except the freaking fatigue and the inoying police!!!!!),and i love R'N'R for the models,graphic,all those stuff,they did a fantastic job.I mean,i really hate the game play of RNR.

Just removing the pain-in the @$$ time to deliver,and make it a game play a little simmiler to 18WOS,will be awesome!!!!

Eraser74 07-22-2010 06:04 PM

I like it. It´s a different game than Euro Truck Simulator or German Truck Simulator. It´s much more arcadey, but I like that. The graphics are good, but the performance is horrible.

I like the fact that there is a story and side missions that you get over the CB or in bars, that adds much needed variety in gameplay.

Overall a fun game with bugs and bad performance ruining the overall impression.

Waiting for the patch!

Pete379exhd 07-24-2010 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haddock (Post 167072)
Yhea,my too.I love 18WOS for the gameplay,(Except the freaking fatigue and the inoying police!!!!!),and i love R'N'R for the models,graphic,all those stuff,they did a fantastic job.I mean,i really hate the game play of RNR.

Just removing the pain-in the @$$ time to deliver,and make it a game play a little simmiler to 18WOS,will be awesome!!!!

yea I like the 18wos for the gameplay to I don't think there's any compairison there with the trannys and stuff, but rig n roll's got them on damage and trucks deterating over time, graphics and upgrades. 18 wos has the 8,9, super 10, 12,13,15, and 18spds which is better than the 5spd in rig n roll but neither one of the games have the gear ratios right (unless you add the patch for 18wos) they've both got their corks to them but I've come to like rig n roll just as much...Just wish I could figure out why my tractor doesn't want to run 80 flat land...my 600 cat ain't that tired yet it's only got 1k on it haha.

mark39 07-31-2010 01:34 PM

i voted that its ok but does need some improvements

for me i have not had any major bugs or glitches yet,however there are a couple of things that are annoying and should be sorted

1)the way you get stopped and fined by police when ai crashes into you
2)roads that you can go down then end up at a dead end
3)some of the side missions involve dropping at the side of the road then you get another one in the opposite direction and there is nowhere to turn around and you have to go miles up the highway to find a turn off
4)truck and trailer physics are certainly nowhere near realistic enough
5)the races and the competitive/timed deliveries do get annoying because you dont always want to run around like a loony,i would like to take my time and enjoy the game and its scenery

it does have a lot of good points and on the whole i like this game,hopefully if the game developer does decide to make these wrongs right then you will have a truly amazing trucking game......:grin:

Nuclear Cat 08-01-2010 12:48 PM

Personally I voted 'Hate it'. In theory I should like it (I liked King of the Road - that had bugs, but not so catastrophically huge), if it werent for the fact I cant drive to LA ever, because of the (as someone else put it) sky in the road, and you just fall forever. Over and again.

If I was reviewing this I'd give it 3% - the graphics may be good, it may sound ok (though I dont believe so) on a very good setup. But the fact that if there is a big hole in the road right near the start, surely there are others. And creating the unplayable feature. A game by definition is something you 'play' with ie 'gameplay' - therefore if its lacking in that, it doesnt matter how fancy it looks.

Just glad I didnt pay too much for it.

Even if it were free I'd advise people against it.

1C should really think about their reputation, especially regards future sales of other products.

Melkor 08-01-2010 02:59 PM

yeah their future products might have holes in the road or skies in the middle of their roads, this really annoys me too, i can never driver around or too L.A, its just impossible.

USA Trucker 08-02-2010 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuclear Cat (Post 173071)
Personally I voted 'Hate it'. In theory I should like it (I liked King of the Road - that had bugs, but not so catastrophically huge), if it werent for the fact I cant drive to LA ever, because of the (as someone else put it) sky in the road, and you just fall forever. Over and again.

If I was reviewing this I'd give it 3% - the graphics may be good, it may sound ok (though I dont believe so) on a very good setup. But the fact that if there is a big hole in the road right near the start, surely there are others. And creating the unplayable feature. A game by definition is something you 'play' with ie 'gameplay' - therefore if its lacking in that, it doesnt matter how fancy it looks.

Just glad I didnt pay too much for it.

Even if it were free I'd advise people against it.

1C should really think about their reputation, especially regards future sales of other products.

What are your comp specs?
CPU, Speed, Ram, Vid-Card. The LA error you reported most commonly falls here.

Snug 08-02-2010 10:08 AM

I voted i hated it.

This has the makings for a great trucking game if it was not fatally flawed with bugs and time limits. The time limits alone are inexcusable but you throw in the fact that I spent over 2 hours figuring out all the laundry list of bugs before i even could start playing it is atrocious.

I've seen less bugs in first builds of mods and virtually every beta I have tried from any company or person i have worked with.

List of bugs I am experiencing

- The video/control options once you enter story mode. Do not work at all.
- The video options will not apply unless you changed the resolution
- You can not modify the controls because certain keys do not work unless the controls are on default
- Anti Aliasing is very flakey and does not always work
- Cruise control does not work regardless of what key its set to
- Zoom out and in are bound to the wrong keys regardless of what it says in the controls menu.
- There is no "tutorial" That I know of.
- There is no way to skip the cut scenes (possibly not a bug but bad design)
- various signs are not correct and point you in the wrong direction or into a barricade.
- odd flickering textures on the cars at times.
- Rain is pretty terrible (though not a bug)
- No easy way to put the game into a window (Not a bug yet another missing feature)

and of course the time limits. Which is not technically a bug but ruins the experience. I can not see myself playing this very much unless I can find a way to turn it off.

Oh well. only 30 bucks but considering it has felt like work work playing this 90% of the time I feel pretty ripped off.

USA Trucker 08-02-2010 10:25 AM

Again, computer specs would be nice. They are usually at the root of some of these complaints/problems, and helps us to help you.

1 Cruise control has to be purchased in the repair shop.
2 Video controls I have no problem with.
3 Zoom in/out works well with the appropriate keys for me.
4 Cut scenes can be skipped with the Esc key. Except for conversations (I think).
5 Modifying controls take some time, but can be done through the directory in windows.

Lolsmurf 08-02-2010 11:07 AM

Funny how a lot of people say this game sucks just because they dont meet the system requirements or have hardware problems...

Ihavent experienced most of the bugs mentioned here (also most of them are non gameplay bugs) and I have a bad pc so very weird...

perhaps some of you have illegal versions, thats my opinion

USA Trucker 08-02-2010 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by net4fun (Post 173184)
You know, i have one, and because this game is so buggy it will stay that way until i delete it. Why do i have it. I wont buy shit games, i yust test them and make an review of the game. If the game is good, buy it. On one torrent site, 1412 people downloaded this game. The page where people comment, is 45 pages long, and more than 95% of pirates deleted the game, because its the buggiest game they have ever see. No one of this pirates will buy the game, more than 60% would.

This is yust some small info, on how the things go if you are a pirate. No one lost any money, if i buyed it before testing, i would definetly demand a refound.

Along with a lot of other games. This one is especially sensitive to illegal copies. My opinion is that if you pirate this, or any other game for whatever reason, you are nothing more then a thief, and I have a dim view of them, and I don't care how you, or anyone else dresses it up, and makes excuses for it. Your game don't work?..... Good!

You have admitted to piracy. Read the forum rules. You don't even have the right to complain, or report errors, and bugs on this forum. You're banned, and all postings deleted. Anyone else?!
Also use spell check the next time you visit a forum. Just some small info too.

@Lolsmurf,

Well said.

mark39 08-02-2010 02:31 PM

well i have bought the english CD version for only £6.61 and its genuine and it runs like a dream on my laptop,i have had no major bugs or glitches and ive been to LA a few times and the road is fine,yes there are a couple of niggles but nothing i cant live with,if you have a pirated version then you will get a whole box of problems,so i agree with usa trucker and lolsmurf if you want to play a decent game with no major problems then pay for a genuine version....:-P

vince0018 08-02-2010 06:08 PM

I bought the Impulse version of the game. It took me a little bit to warm up to it but I'm really enjoying it now.
There seem to be a fair amount of bugs but I haven't run into any major, gamebreaking bugs yet. Today I bought extra mirrors for my truck and they worked fine at first, but then both mirrors showed the image from the left side of the truck, as if they were the same mirror, lol. I just sold them.
The game ran/runs quite poorly for me even though my computer is fairly good, but after a lot of 'downsizing' of the graphics and resolution I got it to run fairly decent even at with medium traffic.
One of the biggest things that did bug me was the time limits. I spend about 12 hours trying to figure out how to mod the game to extend time limits or remove them completely. At times I thought I was close, but no dice. Anyways I ended up setting the difficulty to novice (easy) and now the time limits seem much better. I have time to get to my destinations without neccessarily going light-speed, and maybe a little extra time.

I've played a few other truck games, like 18wos and a european one, can't remember the name. They weren't bad but in my opinion this one is the best. I love the handling on the keyboard. I have the sensitivity set to 3 and centering force set to 1, this makes it so i have near-perfect control around turns and corners. If I ever need to turn the steering wheel faster I just hold control.

Obviously I voted Like It. I really hope they work to polish this game up a little more and don't abandon it. I think there's an expansion in the works (don't quote me on that I'm not positive) and I would love more roads to drive on. If there was one gameplay related thing I could change in this game, and other truck games too, it would be that the roads were longer. They're pretty good on this game but I'd like a more realistically long ride, but not over the top.

Sorry for chatting so much. Here's my spec's for good measure:
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
Nvidia GeForce GTS 250 1GB
8GB DDR3 RAM
Quad Core Intel Core 2 Q8200
(Newest drivers all around.)

-Keep on Truckin'
Vince
(I almost forgot. It would also be nice if songs were randomized in-game. I always have to push the 'I' key dozens of times just to get past the songs I've already heard dozens of times.)

Skovos 08-03-2010 03:49 PM

Voted "I like it"...
...and from my personal point of view - I even love this game and I would like to thank developers for providing me countless hours of joy and excitement.

But...
This game still needs polishing and various improvements. It seems that RnR is just...unfinished. And probably most people expected much more from this game, and were left with disappointment and fury.

Loved:
* Scenery
* Detailed trucks
* Soundtrack
* Quests
* Most of the game content

Needs big-time improvements:
* AI
* Game physics
* Cargo delivery (too simplified in some cases)

In conclusion - Rig'N'Roll has a vast potential, and I hope that one day developers would use that potential and give players a sequel they would never forget :)

hert 08-03-2010 11:04 PM

I like it but I do agree that it does need some polishing.

Living in California I can say that the highways look very similar and realistic to the real ones. I think the AI traffic is pretty good although they do stop at interchanges (if they are in the wrong lane) And take corners extremely slow.
I also dont like how the truck stop is deserted and what about scale stations? Also I think more the other truckers that you pass should have trailers most of the semi-truck traffic is just the truck. And there should be stoplights in certain places. One time I looked and no traffic was coming then when I pulled out I got hit by two cars.

I do like the arcade feel to it but like others have said time limits are a problem. I think instead of voiding the whole cargo a penalty would be better that way if your a few minutes late it wont cost you the whole load.

The road signs are actually pretty good at telling you where your headed but I think instead of blocking the roads there should be see through arrows like in WoS where you cant go but the other traffic can that way you dont get 6 lanes of traffic condensing into 1 like when your heading out of L.A.

But overall I think game is addicting and just needs some more polishing.

hert8-)

Nuclear Cat 08-05-2010 04:58 PM

I bought the game from a supermarket called Morrisons after I couldnt find it at GAME - I paid not much (£6.99) for it. I could take a photo of myself with it all if you like!!!

But basically you accuse anyone who runs into bugs etc of piracy. This is not a good way of selling the company.

And I note that my thread detailing my problem - it was nice and clean - no rudeness or anything, was deleted - why?

I have a Athlon 64 3700+, 2gb RAM, and a 512mb 8500GT. That more than matches the specs, so if it beats the min specs, how can my pc be at fault. If the graphical error is caused by too low a spec, then a) those specs shouldnt be quoted, and b) how come it doesnt happen elsewhere - how come only that spot?

USA Trucker 08-05-2010 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuclear Cat (Post 173666)
I bought the game from a supermarket called Morrisons after I couldnt find it at GAME - I paid not much (£6.99) for it. I could take a photo of myself with it all if you like!!!

But basically you accuse anyone who runs into bugs etc of piracy. This is not a good way of selling the company.

And I note that my thread detailing my problem - it was nice and clean - no rudeness or anything, was deleted - why?

I have a Athlon 64 3700+, 2gb RAM, and a 512mb 8500GT. That more than matches the specs, so if it beats the min specs, how can my pc be at fault. If the graphical error is caused by too low a spec, then a) those specs shouldnt be quoted, and b) how come it doesnt happen elsewhere - how come only that spot?

Tone it down some. I didn't say you pirated anything. The post was for net4fun if you followed it correctly. It was not directed toward you. Only the pirating poster. You didn't read my post correctly, and took it completely out of context. How much proof did I need. He openly admitted it!

Nuclear Cat 08-05-2010 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lolsmurf (Post 173179)
Funny how a lot of people say this game sucks just because they dont meet the system requirements or have hardware problems...

Ihavent experienced most of the bugs mentioned here (also most of them are non gameplay bugs) and I have a bad pc so very weird...

perhaps some of you have illegal versions, thats my opinion

Maybe you didnt directly say so, but you did say lolsmurf was right. Some of them may (have illegal copies), but having them right after me and snugs post seemed wrong somehow, so if I'm mistaken by your (or lolsmurfs) intent then I'm wrong, but it certainly didnt seem so.

It seemed almost as if its the old (how many times have I heard this): 'My game works fine so you must be a pirate, or have something wrong with you/your equipment'.
Not so - because if I can run the game with mucho traffic, and reasonable graphics settings on my pc, and the frame rate is fine, then if I lower the settings all 'round, then the error should disappear, yet it doesnt - it is still there in exactly the same place. Who knows what the problem is? I just think that perhaps some things werent checked with the game. Or perhaps as bizarre as it may seem that some dvds were released with some sort of fault in the code, though that would seem unlikely. I just find it strange that I found this game in the bargain basement bin in a supermarket, and not in a proper game store. I can only figure there may be something wrong with what is on the DVD's. Simply because this is a major error, and not everyone has it - if we knew how everyone got their game, and what errors they had (though in theory it should be the same whether you got it one way or another). Some people do have the sky in the floor, some dont. Question is - why? Thats what I want to know, in order to solve it, and then enjoy the game.

Big question is where lolsmurf 'acquired' his 'copy'.

USA Trucker 08-05-2010 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuclear Cat (Post 173677)
Maybe you didnt directly say so, but you did say lolsmurf was right. Some of them may (have illegal copies), but having them right after me and snugs post seemed wrong somehow, so if I'm mistaken by your (or lolsmurfs) intent then I'm wrong, but it certainly didnt seem so.

It seemed almost as if its the old (how many times have I heard this): 'My game works fine so you must be a pirate, or have something wrong with you/your equipment'.
Not so - because if I can run the game with mucho traffic, and reasonable graphics settings on my pc, and the frame rate is fine, then if I lower the settings all 'round, then the error should disappear, yet it doesnt - it is still there in exactly the same place. Who knows what the problem is? I just think that perhaps some things werent checked with the game. Or perhaps as bizarre as it may seem that some dvds were released with some sort of fault in the code, though that would seem unlikely. I just find it strange that I found this game in the bargain basement bin in a supermarket, and not in a proper game store. I can only figure there may be something wrong with what is on the DVD's. Simply because this is a major error, and not everyone has it - if we knew how everyone got their game, and what errors they had (though in theory it should be the same whether you got it one way or another). Some people do have the sky in the floor, some dont. Question is - why? Thats what I want to know, in order to solve it, and then enjoy the game.

Big question is where lolsmurf 'acquired' his 'copy'.

That's not a big question. Lolsmurf has been here a long time, and waited for the English version like the rest of us. So don't insinuate things. He also used the term "maybe" in the referred post, and I used the term "if". I'm not going to have this very useful, and beneficial thread turn into a rage thread. Let's get back on topic. The pirate has been banned, and the case is closed. Have ever heard of the phrase "If it don't apply, then let it fly".

remizov 08-05-2010 05:50 PM

Its the best trucking game out there! The graphics, models and gameplay are all generally good.

My only real gripes are the time limits and the fact you can't access the shark PDA thing other than at your offices. It would be better to have a delivery time frame and have penalties / bonuses depending on when you arrive. I think it'd be better if you can access the PDA at any time you are stationary (so you can't access while driving). My last gripe is the fact you can't upgrade your fleet easily without having to take each truck out and go around all the different service station to upgrade them. It would be good if you could specify specs for new trucks while maybe used trucks would have to be upgraded by "sending" them off for a few days for upgrades.

Otherwise, a big thumbs up! :cool:

Transport Steve 08-11-2010 04:59 PM

Well, even though I've only had my disc since last Friday, I love it, however, there are some improvements needed, what BETA/first version of a PC game doesn't, but, as long as 1C take into consideration some of the genuine faults, and after reading the interview given on twitter by Igor Belago back in March this year, some of these issues may well be addressed in the next update, that can only be good for the game, some of the faults that gamers have brought up just recently are already in the pipeline for upgrading and adding.
The only think that irks me is that many folks come on here trying to compare this game with something else, and the fact that they don't like the speed and delivering cargo, well, that's what this game is all about, there are other products on the market if you don't like this one, trying to get everything into one game isn't going to happen, different simulators do different things, this one has features that others don't, it would be very boring if every truck simulator had EVERYTHING in it. It also sounds as though half the people who've bought this game don't even know what a truck is, have they ever sat in an 18 wheeler going down a hill at 50 mph, this game delivers realism, I bet most American truckers enjoy playing it as it's quite authentic to them.
You boy racers seem to think that these 53 ton monsters can do 0-60 mph in 2 seconds, sorry kids, but, they don't, and never will, if you want to drive a Porsche-style simulator, then, go look elsewhere.
You need to practice your driving skills somewhat if you cannot get to the warehouses in the allotted times, they have all been very well thought out by the developers and test your skill to the maximum, irrespective, of whether you are a novice or an expert, and it's only up to you as to how much traffic density there is, or, isn't. This is a fabulous portrayal of real life driving rigs around California delivering goods, the graphics are superb and there is something different to look at around every corner, no wonder I keep crashing all the time I'm far too busy looking at the scenery and not the road.
With a few more enhancements to this game, then, the developer will have a market leader in this product, it may be nice to extend the area already developed, and possibly even start to produce this simulator to represent other countries also, the world's their oyster, just think, the Canadian Rockies, the Russian Steppes, the Swiss Alps, European cities and Lakes, the British Isles, other States within America, the list is endless, how about running massive 150 foot Roadtrains in the Australian Outback, what fun that could be......

Have fun and drive carefully.....

Cheerz.

My computer specs, if anyone wants to know why I don't have any bugs, are :

Processor (CPU) AMD PHENOM II X2 545 3.0 GHz SOCKET AM3 6MB CACHE

Memory (RAM) 2GB CORSAIR XMS2 DUAL-DDR2 800MHz

Motherboard ASUS® M4N78-AM: DUAL DDR2, S-ATA II, PCIe x16, 1 x PCIe x1, 2 x PCI

Graphics Card 1GB ATI RADEON™ HD 4650 PCI EXPRESS

Memory 750GB SERIAL ATA 3-Gb/s HARD DRIVE WITH 8MB CACHE (7,200rpm)

Operating System Genuine Windows XP™ Home + SP3, CD & Licence

USA Trucker 08-11-2010 05:12 PM

Nice viewpoint, insight, and of course well written. So refreshing.:grin:

Superduty 08-17-2010 10:06 PM

RnR did vey well on my PC no problem so far. Only very small of lags but most area is so smooth in anywhere. I was so happy with it . I dont need to add mor RAM 2 GB of RAM seem good with RnR. Has a DVD ROM Disc came with the box.

Gearjammer 08-18-2010 07:48 PM

yeah well

not judging the games nature I must say it's very good. It's acceptable graphics, acceptable physics and the game keeps me interested.

Have been running special mission for i dont know, "24 hours straight". Hired one driver and have lots of things to discover i feel.

Some glitches must be patched. Ai traffic behavior, CTD's and other technical stuff that's fubar.

If I compare to European Truck Sim / German Truck Sim - Rig n Roll wins by shutout.

Patrick 08-25-2010 04:07 PM

I like the idea. Driving around all California. The basics are nice.

But then you get the time limits. I HATE them.
Then you get the Physics. When I tried to drive backwards with a trailer. It was like it was one solid piece with the truck. It didnt turn the way I wanted. I didnt turn at all!

Performance is awful! My computer isnt the best but still. I can run games like Dirt 2 and Farcry 2 at high setting with minor lag. But this. This doesnt have to render grass,trees, all kinds of other stuff. All you see most of the time is a empty road with 2 textures at each side. And I get a FPS of 10.
Where 101 and 80 meet. The FPS suddenly drops to 4.
The Russian version has been released a long time ago. But NOTHING is solved. Thats terrible.

Nice concept. But the many bugs and awfull performance (and maybe the racing idea) RUINS it.

Pete379exhd 08-25-2010 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick (Post 176939)
I like the idea. Driving around all California. The basics are nice.

But then you get the time limits. I HATE them.
Then you get the Physics. When I tried to drive backwards with a trailer. It was like it was one solid piece with the truck. It didnt turn the way I wanted. I didnt turn at all!

Performance is awful! My computer isnt the best but still. I can run games like Dirt 2 and Farcry 2 at high setting with minor lag. But this. This doesnt have to render grass,trees, all kinds of other stuff. All you see most of the time is a empty road with 2 textures at each side. And I get a FPS of 10.
Where 101 and 80 meet. The FPS suddenly drops to 4.
The Russian version has been released a long time ago. But NOTHING is solved. Thats terrible.

Nice concept. But the many bugs and awfull performance (and maybe the racing idea) RUINS it.

If you've played hard truck 2 or hard truck you'd know that it's a racing game in a way. however take into account that the time limits are actually rather realistic. I mean do you think they're going to give a driver a month to go a trip that's only going to take 2 days? so think of it that way. as for the performance if you aren't meeting the minimum requirements, or had any doubts what so ever you shouldn't have bought the game. I experience some lag but nothing that interfere's with my driving and I've got an almost brand new computer. as for the physics I have to agree with you there they aren't the best but i can look over that. I wasn't impressed at first but I like it more and more every time I play it. so when you look at it if you had a better computer and looked over the physics and thought about it a little bit more you wouldn't be knocking it as much.

Patrick 08-26-2010 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete379exhd (Post 176974)
If you've played hard truck 2 or hard truck you'd know that it's a racing game in a way. however take into account that the time limits are actually rather realistic. I mean do you think they're going to give a driver a month to go a trip that's only going to take 2 days? so think of it that way. as for the performance if you aren't meeting the minimum requirements, or had any doubts what so ever you shouldn't have bought the game. I experience some lag but nothing that interfere's with my driving and I've got an almost brand new computer. as for the physics I have to agree with you there they aren't the best but i can look over that. I wasn't impressed at first but I like it more and more every time I play it. so when you look at it if you had a better computer and looked over the physics and thought about it a little bit more you wouldn't be knocking it as much.

Ofcourse I dont have a computer thats ment for hardcore gaming. But still. When I play Farcry2 at high settings I get minor lag. And It has to render much things like Shadows of movies trees, moving grass, realistic fire, indirect lighting, and much other stuff. But in Rig'n'Roll I see most of the time nothing but a plain and empty texture with some bumps on it. On low settings.

When Im reading the minimum specs again im like! How could they ever say the minimum specs are NVIDIA 5700 and a pentium 4?!

USA Trucker 08-26-2010 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick (Post 177127)
Ofcourse I dont have a computer thats ment for hardcore gaming. But still. When I play Farcry2 at high settings I get minor lag. And It has to render much things like Shadows of movies trees, moving grass, realistic fire, indirect lighting, and much other stuff. But in Rig'n'Roll I see most of the time nothing but a plain and empty texture with some bumps on it. On low settings.

When Im reading the minimum specs again im like! How could they ever say the minimum specs are NVIDIA 5700 and a pentium 4?!

FarCry 2, and other really cool high-graphic, and detailed games like Doom 3, Half-Life, Mass Effect 2, Star Craft 2, etc., are optimized better for performance. RnR isn't, and we all know that. Let's just see how, or if they correct it in a future patch.

Lolsmurf 08-29-2010 02:12 PM

I have my new pc and I was eager to play RNR on highest

So I start the game and set everything on highest, but ingame the game really doesnt look HQ or HD at all, there is hardly (besides resolution and lagg) any difference you can see between the traffics and scenery on lowest graphics

I'm a bit dissapointed because I hoped to get awesome graphics...

Remo801 09-12-2010 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lolsmurf (Post 177747)
I have my new pc and I was eager to play RNR on highest

So I start the game and set everything on highest, but ingame the game really doesnt look HQ or HD at all, there is hardly (besides resolution and lagg) any difference you can see between the traffics and scenery on lowest graphics

I'm a bit dissapointed because I hoped to get awesome graphics...

There is a trick to get a bit more out of quality in RnR.
Ingame Graphic Settings on high,
and you need to increase the graphic values from your graphic card.

Go into your control panel from nvidia or use the Catalyst Control Center from your ATI Card,
and increase the settings of Antialiasing, Anisotropic Filter, Mipmap Detail.
If there is the option "OpenGL Settings" enable "Triple buffering"

For ATI Card users:
Disable "Catalyst A.I. and "Adaptive Anti-Aliasing, or you will have bugs ingame (wheels disappear)

Hope it helps

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love this Game,

the szenery is modelled perfect.
Lights, cities, the whole orange country is absolute awesome!
The Truck Models are great, looks absolute realistic.

The most I like is to drive along San Fran in the night... over the Golden Gate Bridge, phantastic.

A small lag of this game is, no Multiplayer... I would like to race against / deliver Freight with
my friends in a LAN or Internet session.

I think its hard for the Dev's to implement it, but I hope they would find a way in the future. Maybe they also add more Cities (direction east to Florida ? :D )
This Game has many potential.

USA Trucker 09-12-2010 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Remo801 (Post 180770)
The most I like is to drive along San Fran in the night... over the Golden Gate Bridge, phantastic.

That's also my favorite scene. It's very captivating. :cool:

slay0rwr4th 10-01-2010 09:44 AM

Good idea for a game, The time limit thing that people complain about I can understand, by rights you should be able to follow the speed limit (apparently 35, although I've seen vehicles doing 50 on the freeways) and make it with a few minutes to spare. - It's unrealistic to have to hit 75 MP/H as a constant while everyone else is doing 35, this can be easily remedied (in theory) by changing the speed limits of other vehicles, thus making the traffic flow and your own speed seem normal (you might only be doing 5mp/h more than general traffic instead of a huge 20+ mp/h)
I've heard complaints about AI, and some of the stuff I've seen on the road so far has looked pretty funny, but some moments of note are on an excavator delivery to Los Angeles I saw the police chasing a pizza car with his passenger side door smashed wide open, and another 2 police cars chasing one of the rigs I was racing against.
I've seen what looked like a decent car accident where both drivers ended up on the side of the road, unfortunately due to the limitations of the AI they end up driving again instead of being picked up by a tow truck :).

I was also really hoping we'd have suburbs, and that the cop enforcement would be more developed, I'd love to be able to skip through a suburb to cut some time or dodge heavy traffic congestion - but at night time I'd get fined for noise disturbance if I used my Jakebrake in those areas.

I've also had a strange bug with some of the other rigs, when overtaking them I notice I can see the driver (the back of the truck didn't load / is missing) inside the truck, it's quite an odd look and if I've managed to catch while frapsing I'll post a pic soon.

I'd rather the truck racing be more developed as it's own thing I think, and have regular delivers like usual (sim side of the game) and then a monthly race-meet that everyone is working towards - where we spend all our spare hard earned cash, maybe even have a special custom racing rig that you get to spend your spare profit on. - But I haven't done much racing ingame yet so I'm not actually complaining about it :)

Another cool idea would be CB radio chat with other players - it might be a singleplayer game but it'd still be cool to talk to mates playing the game and commenting on how we're doing :).

I'll give this game 7.5 out of 10 for now, there are some bugs and funniness, but I've come from playing ArmA II which was buggy as hell, the developers really are making that game better and better everyday, so I have confidence Rig'n'Roll will be just as great.

bjorn324 10-03-2010 10:27 AM

I like it, but it needs some polishing.

1. AI lane changing and speed
2. Calculate the time limits with a avarage speed of 50 - 55 mph instead of 65mph please.
3. Physics while taking corners, if I look behind me after it, it looks like I was drifting or something. Is it something of American trucks that you can't touch the throttle while you steer threw it ?

1Truck 10-24-2010 10:22 PM

I'm finally able to play this game! I got a new PC a couple weeks ago. My old one could play the game but it was really slow, and crashed frequently. My new PC runs a whole lot better. While the game isn't perfectly optimized for it, it's runs really well.

The scenery is incredible. This is one area where SCS was lacking in previous games. It's new and refreshing. It's not the same thing OVER and OVER. You really feel like you're driving in America.

The truck interiors are great. So many camera angles, and functioning steering and shifting animations as well. That's a great touch. The sleeper is great to see as well. And they are all customizable and unique to every truck, which makes it all the better.

Physics on the other hand could use a LOT of work. But just driving down the road isn't so bad. Cornering and backing is when it gets awful.

The radio is also a great feature. My only gripe is the fact that it should have more modern songs (at least for country...but hey, that's just me) :D

Overall it could easily use improvement but despite the bugs and problems it's a GREAT game.

Edit: Posted PC specs for general reference:

Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 550 @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Hard Drive: 1 TB
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5400 Series
Monitor:
Sound Card: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Speakers/Headphones:
Keyboard: USB Root Hub
Mouse: USB Root Hub
Mouse Surface:
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100226-1909)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/iBuypower-...5450i/15047848

gameking47 10-24-2010 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Truck (Post 192686)
I'm finally able to play this game! I got a new PC a couple weeks ago. My old one could play the game but it was really slow, and crashed frequently. My new PC runs a whole lot better. While the game isn't perfectly optimized for it, it's runs really well.

The scenery is incredible. This is one area where SCS was lacking in previous games. It's new and refreshing. It's not the same thing OVER and OVER. You really feel like you're driving in America.

The truck interiors are great. So many camera angles, and functioning steering and shifting animations as well. That's a great touch. The sleeper is great to see as well. And they are all customizable and unique to every truck, which makes it all the better.

Physics on the other hand could use a LOT of work. But just driving down the road isn't so bad. Cornering and backing is when it gets awful.

The radio is also a great feature. My only gripe is the fact that it should have more modern songs (at least for country...but hey, that's just me) :D

Overall it could easily use improvement but despite the bugs and problems it's a GREAT game.

Edit: Posted PC specs for general reference:

Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 550 @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Hard Drive: 1 TB
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5400 Series
Monitor:
Sound Card: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Speakers/Headphones:
Keyboard: USB Root Hub
Mouse: USB Root Hub
Mouse Surface:
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100226-1909)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/iBuypower-...5450i/15047848

I am shocked that you got a 1 TB computer!!

USA Trucker 10-24-2010 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gameking47 (Post 192694)
I am shocked that you got a 1 TB computer!!

What's so shocking about that. He looks ahead, and they're not as expensive as they use to be. I have a C & D drive that are 1TB each, plus an external one. I shouldn't have to upgrade them for years to come, and I think that's what he was thinking about too. :cool:

Elmo56 12-03-2010 01:34 PM

Dissapointed

Im really dissapointed in this game...after the long wait its just a load of crap.you dont make a racing game out of a trucking game...its better to take your time and cruse and see the scenery. im really glad i didnt pay for this.The only thing i like is that they used more than 140 megs of the disk finally to make a game.

kennyb87 12-03-2010 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elmo56 (Post 202182)
Im really dissapointed in this game...after the long wait its just a load of crap.you dont make a racing game out of a trucking game...its better to take your time and cruse and see the scenery. im really glad i didnt pay for this.The only thing i like is that they used more than 140 megs of the disk finally to make a game.

Didn't buy the game? Not the best place to say that on an official forum

USA Trucker 12-03-2010 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elmo56 (Post 202182)

There is no need to post this twice. Also Kennyb87 is right, but I'm going to take a leap of faith here, and hope you meant that you got it as a gift. Piracy is not tolerated, or welcomed here. Consider yourself warned.:-P

Elmo56 12-03-2010 03:45 PM

Its not pirated...dont worry I borrowed it from my grandmother....Honestly I would shoot myself if I wasted my money on this game. However...if they ever straighten it out and do away with the racing element,and fix the driving psysics...ill buy it...but I always try before I buy if possable cause ive been ripped A FEW times on games that are advertised better than they really are.sorry for the spelling but im an impatient typer...lol.

That It would have been nice to have the game with the graphics but keep the gameplay like UK or German trucker game...I mdont understand how a company can make so many good games as far as driving psychics go and then fail so bad on this one...it doesent make sence.all the other games are great for driving and graphics...i have always wondered why they didnt use more than 140 megs to make a game that looked so good.For instance a game like UK trucker would have so much more places to go if they would use the whole disk...keep the graphics and game play intact and add more places to go.If they used the whole disk you could go all the way down route 66 for example.now im just rambling on...sorry....you know what i mean.

Moderator Edit:

Please do not double post. If you need to add remarks to your previous post, use the 'Edit' button.

USA Trucker

USA Trucker 12-03-2010 03:57 PM

This game is advertised as a simulation/racing game. Those that purchase it are aware of what they are getting into in that respect. You don't have to race to play the game. Time limits on loads are normal as they are in real life. It could use some adjusting though.;)

If you have enough money stashed in your account, you could just cruise around, and enjoy the scenery. I've done this many times. When funds get low, I just pick up a load, or do a mission when it comes along. This game has many approaches, and you don't even have to do the "Story-Line" if you don't want to, to play this game.

By the way...
Welcome to the forum.

Elmo56 12-03-2010 06:48 PM

Im liking it more now.

Im going to have to take back what I said about this game...I have been playing it all day and im starting to get used to it and im liking it more now. Its still a little quirky and i lose control quite often in the corners...and i have a real nice ferrari driving wheel....but besides that i really love the night time graphics. I am from california...Los Angeles...and it makes me feel like im there...lol.I wish there was a way to see your route on the mini map as you drive...that would help a lot.

USA Trucker 12-03-2010 06:58 PM

I have been trying to tell people that for months. Most complaints come from those that are looking for errors without trying to explore the game just a little. Time needs to be invested in this game. Aside from the major issue of trailer physics, it's a pretty good game. There are minor design flaws as with other games, but nothing that can't be over-looked. I'm glad to see that you put some time in it. Not too many people are willing to do what you just did as far as being too quick to judge. Keep playing, and you'll discover some nice surprises that you weren't expecting.:cool:

Elmo56 12-03-2010 07:05 PM

Cant say enough about night time.

I must admit the first time i drove into a city at night I was taken aback...its well worth overlooking the small flaws....its really beautifull....I could drive around at night all the time cause i love city lights. I have a very large collection of city lights at night photos.