Official Fulqrum Publishing forum

Official Fulqrum Publishing forum (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/index.php)
-   Vehicle and Terrain threads (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=198)
-   -   Start the new Spit 100 octane (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=33125)

Attila 07-09-2012 07:45 AM

Start the new Spit 100 octane

Hi everybody!
Yesterday on ATAG i tried for the first time the new Spit.To start the engine wasn't realy a problem, but about 3-5 min after take-off the engine was starting to shake and losing oil!
What did i wrong?
Cooling system was full open and i was starting with the emergency boost on. Was it for to long time or another failure? (Before the patch there was no limit for a flight with the boost)

:confused::rolleyes::confused:

Flanker35M 07-09-2012 11:51 AM

S!

You ran the boost over the limit and blew your engine. Working as intended.

AbortedMan 07-09-2012 07:59 PM

If you were redlining your engine at max boost with boost cut-off on and running at 3000rpm, then yes you blew your engine.

I've ran some tests and cruised at sea level boost cut-off on, 2600rpm at 12+ boost, 290mph for 20 minutes straight, no problems. It's the high RPM/climb/stress that kills it.

Kwiatek 07-09-2012 09:26 PM

IRL should be no problem to fly with +12 lbs and 3000 RPM for 5 minutes with Merlin III ( i suppose even longer) but in game you could fly only safe for 2 minutes then you got engine failure. Another crap thing is that in CLoD with emergency boost +12lbs you have performance of RL plane at nominal power +6 lbs - so you are slowier at about. 40-50 kph. In simple words actually in CLOD Spitfire Mk1 or Hurricane Mk1 at emergency power ( +12lbs) reach only speed of RL planes at nominal power ( +6 1/4 lbs)

Ernst 07-09-2012 11:53 PM

In RL you should care your aircraft and not abuse the engine for longer time since you ll use it in the next sortie. In CloD you ll use a new one every sortie and the SPITFIRE had not to go to check up after using the 12 lbs boost. And the engine lifetime is not reduced after all :cool:

=AN=Felipe 07-10-2012 12:04 AM

dont use spit 100oct, use IIa or Ia!

take a look on tests in FM/DM forums =)

S! ;)

28_Condor 07-10-2012 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ernst (Post 442995)
In RL you should care your aircraft and not abuse the engine for longer time since you ll use it in the next sortie. In CloD you ll use a new one every sortie and the SPITFIRE had not to go to check up after using the 12 lbs boost. And the engine lifetime is not reduced after all :cool:

I doubt that a pilot cared about the longevity of his plane taking his own life in danger...

P-47 pilots, for example, made constant use of WEP if that were necessary :!:

It is not by chance that field modifications are a thing of wartime :)

Attila 07-10-2012 02:31 PM

I have tried it without boost and there was no problem anymore! Thx!:grin: