Official Fulqrum Publishing forum

Official Fulqrum Publishing forum (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/index.php)
-   CoD Multiplayer (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=192)
-   -   Plane won't taxi :-( (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=29173)

Voo_Doo67 01-17-2012 11:17 PM

Plane won't taxi :-(

Hi all!

Just having a few online issues with "clod".

#1 when I spawn in my spit and when I wait for it to warm up when I'm ready to taxi the dam thing won't budge! I mean full throttle in a hanger...em I missing something hear or is this just another glitch with the sim?

#2 Sometimes when I'm online with my brother (who btw is on the other side of town) after an hour or so one of us will start a slide show then "CTD" and of course have to rejoin , which is kind of a pain in the but really!

Not sure if anyone out there is having the same prob but some feed back will be most appreciated! Don't get me wrong I know this sim was unfinished when it came out and it needs a lot of work. I've been a il2 fan right from the beginning and do have faith in this one as well:cool:

yours truly Voo_Doo67

Ribbs67 01-18-2012 03:54 AM

I have had this problem before also.. try tapping the brake key. Its almost like the parking break is set...lol

352ndRibbs

Voo_Doo67 01-18-2012 04:32 AM

Thanks Ribbs!

I'll give it a try! lol

Ataros 01-18-2012 07:52 AM

1. Make sure you set prop-pitch to fine and break controls are set correctly (check if any axis set for breaks for instance).

2. After each flight restart the game. There are .bat files available on the forum to quickly connect to a server skipping menus after game restart. Should be fixed in the next patch. There are other solutions that help some like installing Win7-64 with CLoD on a separate SSD or to 2 different HDD drives, increasing RAM to 16Gb, taking care of your registry and system in general (defrag, etc.) Check out technical forum sections.

Voo_Doo67 01-18-2012 02:02 PM

Thxs Ataros, I'm doing all the things u mentioned... as far as the bat files where Can I acquire these please.

Thxs, Voo

Ataros 01-19-2012 08:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voo_Doo67 (Post 381471)
as far as the bat files where Can I acquire these please.

Please find Repka ones attached. The ATAG ones can be probably found in the ATAG thread or their forums. You can also edit server IP in bat files.

Jaws2002 01-21-2012 09:11 PM

To the original poster. The vast majority of us have the crashes since the last patch. I've never had crashes online until this last damn patch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ataros (Post 381372)
1. Make sure you set prop-pitch to fine and break controls are set correctly (check if any axis set for breaks for instance).

2. After each flight restart the game. There are .bat files available on the forum to quickly connect to a server skipping menus after game restart. Should be fixed in the next patch. There are other solutions that help some like installing Win7-64 with CLoD on a separate SSD or to 2 different HDD drives, ....

That's not a fix. I have Win7 64bit and CLOD on two separate SSD's, on different 6Gb/s SATA controlers. I get the crashes all the time.

Ataros 01-21-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaws2002 (Post 382904)
That's not a fix. I have Win7 64bit and CLOD on two separate SSD's, on different 6Gb/s SATA controlers. I get the crashes all the time.

It does not help all unfortunately, perhaps it depends on other settings.

Repka guys just watch Launcher memory in Process Explorer between flights. As soon as it reaches about 3.6Gb they restart the game. For some it takes 30 minutes for others 1.5 hours to run out of this limit.

Maybe reducing texture quality may help btw.

ATAG_Snapper 01-21-2012 09:38 PM

Re CTD's:

Prior to each online flying session go to your C:\Your Documents\Library\1C Softclub\IL2 Sturmovik folder and delete the Cache folder. (This includes the Shaders folder inside the Cache folder). Not to worry, immediately upon starting CoD a fresh Cache folder (with a fresh Shaders folder inside) will be created automatically.

Don't know why this works, but I rarely get CTD's anymore, and I fly online on the ATAG Axis vs Allies server at least two hours daily. It only takes a minute and a mouse click or two. Worth a try! :)

VictoriaFils 04-17-2013 07:56 AM

Taxi Miami

Taxi Miami
Miami Beach Taxi