Official Fulqrum Publishing forum

Official Fulqrum Publishing forum (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/index.php)
-   Technical issues (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   cryostasis go slow (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=5782)

geppopa 12-24-2008 07:16 PM

cryostasis go slow

nvdia card goes better in this game?i have a 4850 and it doesn't go well...

waht do you think?

SwedKnoT 12-24-2008 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geppopa (Post 63050)
nvdia card goes better in this game?i have a 4850 and it doesn't go well...

waht do you think?

It goes slow for everyone, it´s a goodlooking, computersucking game :)

Jon 12-24-2008 09:00 PM

Try with SM 3.0 and shadows in medium ,,,

BAXTER STOCKMAN 12-27-2008 11:06 AM

Yes!!!!

I have some very good news!!! Finaly i got Cryostasis to work!!! And did you know what was the cause of the ntdll..error??:grin::grin: It was the sound Card!

I change the sound card accelaration to basic accelaration and the game started without any errors!!! But before i start playing the game i want you to give me some advice on how i can play the game without crashes, bugs and the best perofamnce possible!!

SwedKnoT 12-27-2008 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAXTER STOCKMAN (Post 63301)
I have some very good news!!! Finaly i got Cryostasis to work!!! And did you know what was the cause of the ntdll..error??:grin::grin: It was the sound Card!

I change the sound card accelaration to basic accelaration and the game started without any errors!!! But before i start playing the game i want you to give me some advice on how i can play the game without crashes, bugs and the best perofamnce possible!!

Nice that you got it working :)

Now you have a fantastic game experience to look forward to ;D

The only advice I can give you when it comes to performance is: Don´t play on highest settings or use a lower resolution and aa off. (That´s if you want good fps, but I had highest because I wanted it to look as great as possible)

BAXTER STOCKMAN 12-27-2008 02:50 PM

I currently playing it with these settings: 1024x768 without AA&AF and evrything on medium. and the perfomance is good enough! Sometimes there are a few slowdowns but only for a few seconds so the game is playble... :) Now if raise the graphics settings a little bit will it playble on a low resolution?? Also i have latest gpu and Physx drivers installed! Will it work faster or look better with another driver or no?

SwedKnoT 12-27-2008 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAXTER STOCKMAN (Post 63311)
I currently playing it with these settings: 1024x768 without AA&AF and evrything on medium. and the perfomance is good enough! Sometimes there are a few slowdowns but only for a few seconds so the game is playble... :) Now if raise the graphics settings a little bit will it playble on a low resolution?? Also i have latest gpu and Physx drivers installed! Will it work faster or look better with another driver or no?

Probably faster ;)

BAXTER STOCKMAN 12-27-2008 06:02 PM

What drivers is better for cryostasis? Are you playing it on xp ?

BAXTER STOCKMAN 12-27-2008 09:03 PM

I am on level 2 now!!! I am playing on 1024x768 high settings without motion blur AA and AF!!! And the game is playble!! What the difference between dx9 high graphics and dx 10 high graphics?? Is there a big difference??

B.F. 12-28-2008 05:21 PM

Phyzx water exist only in DX10.
Some shaders is a bit more complex in DX10.
Most changes visible only if you look for them :)