Official Fulqrum Publishing forum

Official Fulqrum Publishing forum (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/index.php)
-   Real Warfare 2: Northern Crusades (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Something I've been wondering (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=28279)

ThisIsRealWarfare 12-04-2011 07:10 PM

Something I've been wondering

Hey all!
As the title says, I've been wondering on something for a loooooong looooooong time. (Well atleast since the release of the game). Why can I NOT see what skillpoints does? I can only see their names, like "glorious warlord" and "tax collector" and so on.. But nothing shows what they affect? What they improve?
When holding mouse cursor over them, nothing happens. Is this just for me, or does other share my "problem"?

Regards

mitra 12-04-2011 07:23 PM

To me they appears, anyway in the manual you find a description of them

ThisIsRealWarfare 12-04-2011 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitra (Post 367238)
To me they appears, anyway in the manual you find a description of them

Strange. Hmm...
However, I cant find the manual anywhere. Any idea where it might be :o?

ThisIsRealWarfare 12-04-2011 07:32 PM

The problem is aswell, I cannot see what units costs (Just on an average after having bought them, checking the treasury). I cant see any costs or anything, only at the marketplace it works.. It's kind of annoying buying without knowing the cost, and suddenly the treasury is down on 0.

Goblin Wizard 12-04-2011 07:32 PM

Here.

Goblin Wizard 12-04-2011 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThisIsRealWarfare (Post 367242)
The problem is aswell, I cannot see what units costs (Just on an average after having bought them, checking the treasury). I cant see any costs or anything, only at the marketplace it works.. It's kind of annoying buying without knowing the cost, and suddenly the treasury is down on 0.

When you hover mouse over a unit you don't get pop-up info with stats and costs?

ThisIsRealWarfare 12-04-2011 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goblin Wizard (Post 367244)
When you hover mouse over a unit you don't get pop-up info with stats and costs?

Hmm.. Now I understand. I checked options. The "Show hints" button was unchecked, and when I tried now, it worked. ;) Much better. Thanks!

ThisIsRealWarfare 12-04-2011 09:06 PM

Another thing that annoys me, is that there is barely any sound. I've checked the very nice soundtracks you've made, and there are plenty of them. But well playing, I dont hear any. I get as most about 1 soundtrack / battle (and they just last for about a minute)... I cant understand why. :(

mitra 12-04-2011 09:40 PM

is strange the soundtrack is called by the scripts following the situation of battles.

Goblin Wizard 12-04-2011 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThisIsRealWarfare (Post 367266)
Another thing that annoys me, is that there is barely any sound. I've checked the very nice soundtracks you've made, and there are plenty of them. But well playing, I dont hear any. I get as most about 1 soundtrack / battle (and they just last for about a minute)... I cant understand why. :(

I have very similar issue too. My sound card is old (Sound Blaster Live 5.1 from 2002) and it has problems with playing mono sound effects (soldiers marching, fighting, etc.). It's strange because sounds in all other games are ok and when I play all those sounds in Winamp I can hear them nice and clear. Due to the old age of my card it's hard to blame the devs.
The effect of this issue is that all sounds stop playing at all after a short time of a battle. I've found two semi solutions. 1st - disabling effects sounds in options. That cuts the effects sounds but all other are audible. 2nd - converting all mono sounds to stereo ones. Disadvantage of this solution is that you stop to hear if a sound come from left or right side.