Official Fulqrum Publishing forum

Official Fulqrum Publishing forum (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/index.php)
-   Pilot's Lounge (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=205)
-   -   SHOOTING at the OLYMPICS (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=33499)

baronWastelan 07-29-2012 04:22 PM

SHOOTING at the OLYMPICS

A trigger-happy American , big surprise there :rolleyes:
Hopefully the United Nations will move forward with its resolution this week.
LONDON (AP) — Kim Rhode won the gold medal in women's skeet shooting Sunday, making her the first American to take an individual-sport medal in five consecutive Olympics.

Rhode tied the world record and set an Olympic record with 99 points. Wei Ning of China took silver with 91 points and Danka Bartekova of Slovakia got bronze by beating Marina Belikova of Russia in a shootout after they tied with 90 points.

Rhode won a gold medal in double trap at Atlanta as a teenager in 1996, took bronze in that event four years later at Sydney, re-claimed the gold at Athens in 2004 and won the silver in skeet at Beijing in 2008.

In qualifying, Rhode set another Olympic record, missing only one of her 75 shots. Rhode led by four points entering the final, and the way she was connecting Sunday, there was no way she was getting caught.

5./JG27.Farber 07-29-2012 04:31 PM

ehh, I read the tit bit from google on this and it seems Fins make the best shooters. Doubt there will be many British shooters as you need expressed permission from the home office to have a rifle.

This guy should have entered:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_H%C3%A4yh%C3%A4

CWMV 07-29-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baronWastelan (Post 449049)
Hopefully the United Nations will move forward with its resolution this week.

Good god I hope not. Or heck have it for yourselves, I just hope we stay out of it.

Free men are armed, slaves need permission.

Zorin 07-29-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CWMV (Post 449053)
Good god I hope not. Or heck have it for yourselves, I just hope we stay out of it.

Oh, so that is why the US have been constantly involved in military actions for the last two centuries? Ensuring that the rest of the world remain their slaves...

Makes perferct sense, though you may want to try not to **** up your banks leading the world into financial chaos ;)

Walshy 07-29-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorin (Post 449061)
Oh, so that is why the US have been constantly involved in military actions for the last two centuries? Ensuring that the rest of the world remain their slaves...

Makes perferct sense, though you may want to try not to **** up your banks leading the world into financial chaos ;)

Well they already did and now to have Obama sit in on Euro meetings and tell us to fix the Euro crisis is a bit rich, seeing as the whole financial crisis originated in America and the selling of subprime mortages to people who could not keep up the repayments ........ Re-Regulate the worlds financial sector now!!!! Maggie and Reagan have a lot to answer for, cause that's where the deregulation began ...................

pstyle 07-29-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CWMV (Post 449053)

Free men are those of us who are free from the armed.

AndyJWest 07-29-2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pstyle (Post 449065)
free men are those of us who are free from the armed.

qft.

Walshy 07-29-2012 06:03 PM

Two films to watch that I recommend The Last Days of Lehman Brothers and Inside Job

chantaje 07-29-2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walshy (Post 449067)
Two films to watch that I recommend The Last Days of Lehman Brothers and Inside Job

inside job is great, ill try to see the other one.
dont worry soon china will take over and there they execute corrupt goverment members :grin:

Jaws2002 07-29-2012 07:07 PM

The UN treaty was torpedoed yesterday by Obama, who fears for his chances in the elections.
It was a joke anyway. This kind of treaties never stoped criminals, gangs and terrorists from getting guns, ever. They only hurt the legal civilian international sales. I hope this one too dies. It's worthless.