Official Fulqrum Publishing forum

Official Fulqrum Publishing forum (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/index.php)
-   IL-2 Sturmovik (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   'My Part of the Sky' offline campaign released (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=2825)

dflion 02-24-2008 11:52 PM

'My Part of the Sky' offline campaign released

I have just released (on Mission4Today.com) a 65 mission campaign based on the diary memoirs of the British Fighter Pilot, Roland Beaumont.

The missions in the campaign cover his three tours in the RAF -
1. Hurricane air defence in the 'Battle of France' and 'Battle of Britain' 1940 (24 missions)
2. Hurricane night fighter defence and offence over Britain and France 1941 (7 missions)
3. Typhoon (Tempest) ground attack missions over the Channel and Low Countries 1942/3, Tempest operations throughout D-Day, defence against the V1 flying bomb attacks and Command of 122 Wing in Holland for the final onslaught against the German homeland 1944/5 (34 missions)

http://www.mission4today.com/index.p...etails&id=3285

I hope the 24 missions featuring the 'Battle of France' and 'Battle of Britain' will 'wet our appetities' for Oleg's forthcoming 'Battle of Britain - Storm of War' flight sim.

I decided to use the large 'Gulf of Finland' map to simulate the BOF and BOB scenarios (the narrow section towards Leningrad) - this area seemed to work well in the campaign. I can't wait until we get the real map! I am also hoping we 'might' get a flyable Typhoon in the final release of IL2 - all you can do is wish?

Hope you enjoy the campaign.

DFLion

Billy_BigBoy 02-25-2008 10:22 AM

Thanks, I'll d/l it tonight!
I've just read "Day of the Typhoon" and was looking for simular missions, so your campagne is more than welcome.

gprr 03-02-2008 11:28 AM

Hi DFLion

Can't DL it - extremely slow pace.

Thanks
gprr

brando 03-02-2008 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gprr (Post 37001)
Hi DFLion

Can't DL it - extremely slow pace.

Thanks
gprr

I don't think that's DFLion's 'fault', gprr.

Mission4today is a dedicated file-server and the download is dependent on your bandwidth as well as theirs.

I got 87% down while typing this

B

gprr 03-02-2008 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brando (Post 37007)
I don't think that's DFLion's 'fault', gprr.

Mission4today is a dedicated file-server and the download is dependent on your bandwidth as well as theirs.

I got 87% down while typing this

B

Hi brando

I dl"ded three other campaigns from m4today at avg of 130 kbs but this one goes at 19 kbs:(
130 is bad enough-have 310 kbs bandwidth.
Just think that if one creats and posts works for the community,he would be also intrested about how well things are going with it.

gprr

madsarmy 03-02-2008 04:11 PM

15kbs for me.

Hey Brando it's really good to see you back so soon. How you doing mate?

brando 03-02-2008 06:32 PM

@ gprr

I hear you, but I don't see that it's DF Lion's mission that is slowing down M4T. Maybe you have just picked a busy time of day for downloading.

@ mads

I'm doing pretty good mate! :) Weak as a kitten and rather battle-scarred, but I've been sleeping way past the 6 hours max that I got before the operation. Pain greatly decreased too - it's looking good.

@ DF Lion

I was looking for a good off-line campaign to, er, 'get my hand in' again. Thanks, S!

B

kristorf 03-02-2008 06:36 PM

413KB/sec here, gonna give this one a try, cheers mate

gprr 03-02-2008 08:13 PM

Hi all

Manneged to dl it at a turtle pace for more then an hour and it opened fine,just flew the first mission:grin:
(did try to dl it yesterday with the same slow pace...)

brando-
Best wishes for you and get well soon.

Cheers
gprr

dflion 03-02-2008 09:52 PM

'My Part of the Sky' campaign download problems

Hi gprr,
I have just come 'on line' down here in 'the land of OZ' - sorry to hear you were having download problems. It looks as though you have now got it ok.
The download file is a an 84mb zip file, so it is quite large (mostly filled up with excellent aircraft skins).
Thanks for your help brando and kristorf - there a certainly many variables when you are downloading - one of them is my son going over our internet limit?
Let me know how you go with the campaign - Roland Beaumont was certainly an exceptional and gifted pilot.
DFLion