Official Fulqrum Publishing forum

Official Fulqrum Publishing forum (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/index.php)
-   Star Wolves (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   [MOD][SW2] Project "Retrospection" (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=28417)

kokain_jtp 01-06-2012 02:03 PM

Hmmmm ... first ctd ... so was this mod tested on an english version of star wolves 2? When i choose the ms it crashes ... i checked the logfile and was a file missing in quests ... there are some ogg files and 2 other... dont matter important is that the files are from the original sw2 when you meet KT and Bryna...... I unziped the mod in other place and the quests folder is empty,,,,

Goblin Wizard 01-06-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kokain_jtp (Post 376786)
Hmmmm ... first ctd ... so was this mod tested on an english version of star wolves 2?

I play this mod on english version, no problems. You use Win7 or XP? I use XP 32-bit and don't have much experience with 7.
Anyway, I'll try fresh install in a minute and let you know. Maybe I f..ked up something with translation.

kokain_jtp 01-06-2012 02:24 PM

I have Windows xp 32 bit ....

kokain_jtp 01-06-2012 02:35 PM

Upload a save after you choose the ms .... And i'll see what is happening....

Goblin Wizard 01-06-2012 02:49 PM

Hmm..hard to tell. I've just reinstalled the game and mod. All works nice and smooth. No CTDs. I get "LoadOggFile" and "EngineFXProperties init fail" in log but these errors are not so important and certainly don't crash the game.
My suggestion - try to extract all five parts of the mod to five different folders and manually copy content to the right game folders. If you are prompted for overwritten you know you do it right.
If you still get the ctd post your logfile.txt and scripterrors.log (if it contains something).

kokain_jtp 01-06-2012 03:12 PM

Ok... Il try....

kokain_jtp 01-06-2012 04:04 PM

Please check your quests folder and tell me what you have there....

Goblin Wizard 01-06-2012 04:45 PM

After intall - 110 folders filled with several files each. I'm talking about ..\Data\Scripts\Quests. "Quests" folder in LocData is not used by the mod.

kokain_jtp 01-06-2012 04:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Aaaaa ok... i thought the folder in locdata is my problem... i tried .. nothing ... Here is my LOGfile....

Goblin Wizard 01-06-2012 06:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is what I have in log:
Code:

(INFO) ExecuteScriptFile - DATA/Scripts/include/RandomPlayerDialogs.script
(INFO) ExecuteScriptFile - DATA\Scripts\Locations\areko\location.script
(INFO) ExecuteScriptFile - \DATA\Scripts\InitTeamScript.script
(INFO) ExecuteScriptFile - DATA\Scripts\Locations\areko\functions.script
(INFO) ExecuteScriptFile - DATA\Scripts\Locations\areko\activate.script
(INFO) ExecuteScriptFile - Data\Scripts\InitTradeSystem.script
(INFO) ExecuteScriptFile - \DATA\Scripts\Quests\MISSION_0_01\ACEANDMOTHERSHIP.script

and this is yours (I've cut unimportant sound errors):
Code:

(INFO) ExecuteScriptFile - DATA/Scripts/include/RandomPlayerDialogs.script
(INFO) ExecuteScriptFile - DATA\Scripts\Locations\areko\functions.script
(INFO) ExecuteScriptFile - \DATA\Scripts\Quests\MISSION_0_01\ACEANDMOTHERSHIP.script

From unknown reasons engine doesn't run all the scripts and it may cause your problem. I'll add a saved game but it may not help.