Official Fulqrum Publishing forum

Official Fulqrum Publishing forum (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/index.php)
-   Rig'n'Roll (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   This Game is good. (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=12129)

flykas 12-28-2009 07:20 PM

This Game is good.

After playing for couple of days more I can say that if not taking physic into account this game is really great and really impresed me. Everything looks really serious and realistic. The views that you see while driving, reminds me real driving. You need to drive for a long time, cops are strict so you don't want to go insane,so that keeps driving realistic. The sound have been complained about allot. But after I selected the software system of sounds I can say I like it. The graphics are really awensome,never have seen such a realistic scenery. Trucking part is realistic too smetimes you have to drive around and look for the cargo wich is interesting. Only thing that sadens me is physics. It is really bad, car have no weight at all, but tries to imitate it so that is a really sad thing for such great game. Still controls are quit allright.
For now I'd give it 8/10.

Would be very nice if devs would add, ability to ask for help from other drivers. And that 911 wouldn't fix your truck to the max. Maybe just get you to the nearest repair station.

keith450 12-28-2009 10:23 PM

Were did you get the game from? i have tried to reg. at a few places and i get no were i keep getting the same reg screen :mad:

flykas 12-28-2009 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keith450 (Post 131993)
Were did you get the game from? i have tried to reg. at a few places and i get no were i keep getting the same reg screen :mad:

Bought it in a shop. I live in Lithuania, so I've gone to russia and bought it there.

bjorn324 12-29-2009 06:39 PM

You can also buy it on the site, or just wait a little while till the translation in english will be released.

I really like this game, really gives some more realism. Finally some smaller roads and detailed trucks.
Nice work on the clutch feature really works like an european truck :cool:, it also really looks like there is a good storyline and good interaction with my action and the radio his news ballets. Really going to follow the storyline when the english version comes out :-P

flykas 12-30-2009 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjorn324 (Post 132103)
Nice work on the clutch feature really works like an european truck :cool

What do you mean? Is really so that when you press the clutch you cant rev up the engine ,just change a gear?

kennyb87 12-30-2009 11:34 AM

You just dip the clutch for the gearchange to take effect the clutch isnt very well supported you dont need it to start or stop so you cant even stall the truck

USA Trucker 12-31-2009 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kennyb87 (Post 132193)
the clutch isnt very well supported

I have been PMing with someone that has the Logitech G25 w/clutch, and he stated that it works perfectly once you program it. I guess it also depends on what steering console you are using. I inquired about it, because I have the same system, and this was the final deciding factor on purchasing this game, when it comes out internationally.

Mr luder 12-31-2009 10:25 AM

Theres no way the clutch is realistic.
The clutch works like you just press a key on your keyboard. Theres no kind of feeling you need for the clutch, you just press it and theres no reason to pay attention to it, since you cant do anything wrong while clutching.

I wont use the clutch anymore, since it's useless.

pook 12-31-2009 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USA Trucker (Post 132288)
I have been PMing with someone that has the Logitech G25 w/clutch, and he stated that it works perfectly once you program it. I guess it also depends on what steering console you are using. I inquired about it, because I have the same system, and this was the final deciding factor on purchasing this game, when it comes out internationally.

Who told you this?? American friend?? You Americans are accustomed to automatic and semi-so about why I think it's okay. But not. Standing on the spot, will go 1 gear, I let the clutch and it will not happen. To add gas then it gets under way this works both mutant between semi-automatic and manual. Order is similar to the system preferences. That means you did not press the clutch will go higher gear and the game waits until I press the clutch. Until then transferring. Then it works just as code transmission. This is not manual. But the specific mutation, the clutch semi-automatic .....

USA Trucker 12-31-2009 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pook (Post 132383)
Who told you this?? American friend?? You Americans are accustomed to automatic and semi-so about why I think it's okay.

First off, don't judge Americans on what they drive. There are many Americans that drive manual transmissions. I learned on a military jeep (manual) when I was 14. I have driven nothing but manual all my life. I also have been ridding a motorcycle since I was 20. I wouldn't know an automatic transmission if it hit me. ;)

Secondly, the three individuals that told me that the G25 works great sent it to me via Private Message (PM). If they want to address this publicly, that is their decision. I won't break their privacy, just as I wouldn't break yours if you PM me.

I don't have this game yet, so I'll make my final judgment when the game comes out in the US. I know from other driving games that I play that the G25 has to be manually programmed in some cases to get the clutch to work properly, as those individuals also stated to me. I can tell you that these individuals are not from the US.

pook 12-31-2009 03:16 PM

USA Trucker:
Ok. So then, he will know when you play that it does not behave as a fully manual gearbox;) I have G25 2 years. I'm just playing habits of simulation type. LFS, RBR, rFactor, GTR series. I can set G25 and I can adjust to the steering wheel on the different games and I can say that RNR is first bad physics, and FF primitive in terms of transmission works as an extra mutation is semi-automatic clutch. Such a system does not exist in the real world, so I call the "mutant" because in reality it does not specify.

PS: I'm in real-life trucker, so I know what I mean. Yes trucker in Europe. This is different behavior of American and European truck such as axles and stiffness, but different systems gearbox. In principle, the activities are similar. (in control). Except for minor differences. Direct engagement and synchronized. (Europe's old trucks were previously too direct engagement, so I know how it works in practice ).....

flykas 12-31-2009 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pook (Post 132442)
USA Trucker:
Ok. So then, he will know when you play that it does not behave as a fully manual gearbox;) I have G25 2 years. I'm just playing habits of simulation type. LFS, RBR, rFactor, GTR series. I can set G25 and I can adjust to the steering wheel on the different games and I can say that RNR is first bad physics, and FF primitive in terms of transmission works as an extra mutation is semi-automatic clutch. Such a system does not exist in the real world, so I call the "mutant" because in reality it does not specify.

PS: I'm in real-life trucker, so I know what I mean. Yes trucker in Europe. This is different behavior of American and European truck such as axles and stiffness, but different systems gearbox. In principle, the activities are similar. (in control). Except for minor differences. Direct engagement and synchronized. (Europe's old trucks were previously too direct engagement, so I know how it works in practice ).....

yeah, I can't see a point of having such type of clutch in real life as it doesn't disconet engine from the wheels so in real life it would be autoclutch instead.

USA Trucker 12-31-2009 04:58 PM

@Pook,

I'm not going to debate something I don't have yet. Some people say G25 works great, and others don't. Some know how to program it, others don't. Of the 3 people that say it works just fine, 2 are also Real-Life Truckers, and so was I not too long ago. So, I will be able to determine this for myself.

I evaluate everyones opinion, and use it as a guide for face value, good, bad, or indifferent, and then form my own opinion, when I get the game.

pook 12-31-2009 05:20 PM

Ok. NP
It is possible to overlook something because I do not understand Russian. More time spent here on setting up the game more than playing games. As regards the Russian version, I found there only automatic transmission and manual. Only two and a manual does not work exactly as manual. The problem I have written last .....
I also love playing with the settings. This even able to remap G25 to me in the game worked great and small series. Thanks remapping using a special program "Xpadder" I chose to order a small number of a defined 1,2,3 switch button on the steering wheel position and rank of 1,2, which is changed to 4,5.
I can setup the wheel well and I can adjust to it as needed. RNR Unfortunately, it is very bad. Firstly inappropriately deful a defined commands, bad FF etc. (perhaps here used to the different quality Hardcore simulators, so that's why it seems to me FF outstanding, inaccurate, chaotic)

Ok. If you could write here would set your friends??

kennyb87 12-31-2009 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pook (Post 132472)
Ok. NP
It is possible to overlook something because I do not understand Russian. More time spent here on setting up the game more than playing games. As regards the Russian version, I found there only automatic transmission and manual. Only two and a manual does not work exactly as manual. The problem I have written last .....
I also love playing with the settings. This even able to remap G25 to me in the game worked great and small series. Thanks remapping using a special program "Xpadder" I chose to order a small number of a defined 1,2,3 switch button on the steering wheel position and rank of 1,2, which is changed to 4,5.
I can setup the wheel well and I can adjust to it as needed. RNR Unfortunately, it is very bad. Firstly inappropriately deful a defined commands, bad FF etc. (perhaps here used to the different quality Hardcore simulators, so that's why it seems to me FF outstanding, inaccurate, chaotic)

Ok. If you could write here would set your friends??

Pook you are correct with the way the G25 feels I bought mine about 2 years ago and played RBR most of the time. The clutch feature is a button press - when you change gear its the same the only clutch support is a button wich is totally unrealistic and the physics are pretty arcade. But I would rather play RnR than ETS RnR may be lower than peoples expectations but it is still a good game a quick patch and the game will rock

pook 01-01-2010 09:10 AM

kennyb87
Yes. I agree. Just think that RNR has the potential untapped and passed me! RNR can be damn good game and I feel that the engine is untapped capabilities. I hate games SCS. This series of games are completely free of physics and I can not play less than 5 minutes. RNR I criticize, because they feel that the RNR would go into a much better game and maybe a decent simulation. The SCS's not, so do not criticize it, because I was not worth the criticism .... It's a shame. The RNR could be much much better game:/

Mr luder 01-01-2010 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pook (Post 132558)
I hate games SCS. This series of games are completely free of physics

uhm... You sure about that?

Pacejka Settings (included since 18 WoS Haulin):
Code:

SiiNunit
{

# Level 0
pacejka_data: pacejka.lateral.default
{
                a[0]: 0.000
                a[1]: 1.2

a[2]: 1.37
                a[3]: 120.0

a[4]: 1.3

a[5]: -0.08
                a[6]: -0.01
}

pacejka_data: pacejka.longitudinal.default
{
                a[0]: 0.05
                a[1]: 1.37

a[2]: 1.37
                a[3]: 120.0

a[4]: 1.3

a[5]: -0.08
                a[6]: -0.01
}
}

Air resistance and suspension parameters (included since 18 WoS Haulin):
Code:

SiiNunit
{
chasis_data: chasis.0
{
        # The air resistance and the wheel rolling resistance force constant
        cdrag: 1.0

ccr: 50

# The frontal area of the vehicle for the resistance force computing
        frontal_area: 100.0

# suspension parameters for rear wheels
        rear_cfm: 0.0006
        rear_erp: 0.7
        rear_uplift:-0.1

# suspension parameters for front wheels
        front_cfm: 0.001
        front_erp: 0.5
        front_uplift: -0.15
}
}

Oh to get you up to the state of knowledge about SCS Games:
Thats what Pacejka is!

And now tell me again that SCS Games aint have physics.

obsolum 01-01-2010 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr luder (Post 132584)
And now tell me again that SCS Games aint have physics.

Alright, they've got physics... but they're utter crap :-D

Although I have to say that this does look really good. Graphics wise I dare say that it puts RnR to shame. Can't really say much about the actual driving feel or gameplay, of course.

pook 01-01-2010 12:50 PM

Mr luder:
Well, this is implemented modifications to the game. I thought the original game is a disaster. That if imlemented the RNR better than SCS .....
Ok. Pls. Can you send me the mode in Haulin private mail but they are spam??
I'd like to try what will change. Pls Thx.
I tried all SCS series at a time when started. And not, no further modifications. And I did not enjoy the original SCS more than 5 minutes and here are more interested to .....

Ps: Works under this modification: weight, centrifugal force, the adhesion (dry, wet, snow, ice) deformation, the exact acceleration deakceleration (depending on weight, adhesion ....), physics of materials, H manual transmission, the exact effectiveness of the service brake and Jakebrake, center of gravity, thoughtful service + AI behavior .... etc??? If not, then it is a non-complex. It is not enough then.

ReddogTn 02-07-2010 07:52 AM

Well I think US out of luck it would seem when it come to buying this game. Second Dont get me wrong I want as Much real as I can get Of these game, But youre asking for the wourld here. You want that much detail In Phics Go get you're CDL's Then you can talk to me about Phics. Such driving up a Major Mountains in snow. I know I've Been there Done that. We play these games to get close as possible, But lets face it we are not that close yet in the gaming wourld. That would be 10 20 years maybe from know. But for its time its seems atleast pretty good, Atleast Better than SCS. SCS is a joke I'm glad they make games cause frankly no esle will on trucks Ea doesn't touch it or neither does the other big Company's. But Ive played ever single one of SCS. Frankly Graphice wise is a ******* joke! Phics a Joke. In fact the only way I can get anything out of it, Is to get a mod from a player that change the game. Like trucks, Or grass such. In fact thats how I ran across this game in the first place. Been dreaming I hade the damn thing for 5 hours know, But wait I'm American we not alowed to Sh%t! But all in all the game looks great opens the door hopefully to Improvements in this type of game. But 8 Years for this type of game? Man way to slow. Ive seen Darkfall online which is a online game MMO play style very Complex game to make and keep with in the lines to work right with good grachics, and even with only 20 man ream they completed there's in 6 years. Europ game By the way.

flykas 02-08-2010 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReddogTn (Post 142200)
Well I think US out of luck it would seem when it come to buying this game. Second Dont get me wrong I want as Much real as I can get Of these game, But youre asking for the wourld here. You want that much detail In Phics Go get you're CDL's Then you can talk to me about Phics. Such driving up a Major Mountains in snow. I know I've Been there Done that. We play these games to get close as possible, But lets face it we are not that close yet in the gaming wourld. That would be 10 20 years maybe from know. But for its time its seems atleast pretty good, Atleast Better than SCS. SCS is a joke I'm glad they make games cause frankly no esle will on trucks Ea doesn't touch it or neither does the other big Company's. But Ive played ever single one of SCS. Frankly Graphice wise is a ******* joke! Phics a Joke. In fact the only way I can get anything out of it, Is to get a mod from a player that change the game. Like trucks, Or grass such. In fact thats how I ran across this game in the first place. Been dreaming I hade the damn thing for 5 hours know, But wait I'm American we not alowed to Sh%t! But all in all the game looks great opens the door hopefully to Improvements in this type of game. But 8 Years for this type of game? Man way to slow. Ive seen Darkfall online which is a online game MMO play style very Complex game to make and keep with in the lines to work right with good grachics, and even with only 20 man ream they completed there's in 6 years. Europ game By the way.

I agree about the slow development.It's strange.But I don't really know I can't judge.

And about the physics, I totaly disagree. Yeah I know we could imagine it is ok, but It's is a great let down to have to imagine it, I can't feel the joy of driving a car. I mean, it would be okay if it wasn't possible, but there are games that proves that it is possible so why we should tolerate such s***y physics and go back. It makes me mad. And the fact that Hard Truck 2 (preveous part of this game) had one of the best physics ever made. It was glitchy, but car had weight, and moved pretty naturally. And now it just some cheap imitation. Even when maneuvering slow ,truck moves incorectly. It is very sad. Good physics is all It needs. Btw: I have drivers license. If you want to see posibilities of physics in gaming world try: Hard truck 2, 1nsane, Cross Racing championship, Richard Burns Rally,Screamer 4x4, gta 4