Official Fulqrum Publishing forum

Official Fulqrum Publishing forum (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/index.php)
-   King's Bounty: Crossworlds (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Countdown (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=16317)

Zhuangzi 09-11-2010 03:53 AM

Countdown

Can't wait any longer, so I thought I'd register my impatience by starting a countdown thread. :grin:

It is now 6 days until the release of King's Bounty: Crossworlds. Hopefully it will be downloadable on Gamersgate at 00:00 GMT on the 17th, which is 8am Friday in this part of the world. I leave the house for work at 8.15, so hopefully I can start the download and have it done in time for when I get home from work for the weekend.

And I've got two weeks of holidays from the 24th. :cool:

Metroplex 09-11-2010 08:16 AM

I felt like you Zhuangzi, couldn't wait for KB: Crosswolds to come along, that is until I found out that the remastered 100% localized in Spanish version of Disciples 3 is coming on 23rd of this month, so now I want to get that MORE than I want the latest 'KB:AP-rehashed with some extras thrown in version with a new name' Crosswolds!:)

rancor26 09-11-2010 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metroplex (Post 180472)
I felt like you Zhuangzi, couldn't wait for KB: Crosswolds to come along, that is until I found out that the remastered 100% localized in Spanish version of Disciples 3 is coming on 23rd of this month, so now I want to get that MORE than I want the latest 'KB:AP-rehashed with some extras thrown in version with a new name' Crosswolds!:)

According to reviews Disciples 3 sucks hard... so i wouldnt really expect that much...

Mivo 09-11-2010 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rancor26 (Post 180473)
According to reviews Disciples 3 sucks hard... so i wouldnt really expect that much...

I bought it on the release day. I haven't played it very long so far, but "sucks hard" seems a bit strong. It does have issues and bugs, though, and there are precious few maps included. It's pretty much a Discipline game, and the artwork is well done and captures the atmosphere of the series well. It just needs some balancing, fixing and more maps. The two KB games are certainly the better pick, but Disciples 3 is playable.

The 24th, eh? That's when Civ5 comes out (in Europe, three days earlier in the US and Canada), and I hope by then I'll have my KB addiction under control! :) We TBS fans were treated nicely this year.

Mrzafka 09-11-2010 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mivo (Post 180587)
The 24th, eh? That's when Civ5 comes out (in Europe, three days earlier in the US and Canada), and I hope by then I'll have my KB addiction under control! :) We TBS fans were treated nicely this year.

Too nicely in fact, for several months (after I've logged 100+ hours in Mount&Blade Warband) I had nothing interesting to play, and now Crossworlds and Civ5 are out almost simultaneously. The fact that day has only 24 hours is a serious bug...

Zhuangzi 09-12-2010 12:40 AM

Despite some Steam players briefly having access to the game already, there are still 5 days until the official release of KB: Crossworlds.

I had high hopes for Disciples III myself, but having played the demo for a few hours I wasn't encouraged to buy the game. I'm hoping that patches and/or mods will fix some of the problems, just in time for me to get a bargain basement price on a copy here in Perth. Ironically, I've never seen a copy of any King's Bounty campaign at retail here, and yet Disciples III is everywhere.

Meanwhile, I am playing a lot of Starcraft II online. I don't like RTS games as much as TBS games, but Blizzard has done an exceptional job with the automatchup play in my humble opinion. Not enough hours in the day? I'm going to have to juggle playing Starcraft II multiplayer, Crossworlds single player, and then of course the mundane things like going to work, eating etc. :eek:

Zhuangzi 09-13-2010 12:05 AM

Now there's 4 days to go and the working week begins....

Dwagginz 09-13-2010 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhuangzi (Post 180933)
Now there's 4 days to go and the working week begins....

Not for me! Unemployment FTL ;)

Can't wait for it to unlock again, though!

rancor26 09-13-2010 12:23 PM

4 days remaining until i go online on steam!!!! :-p

Zhuangzi 09-13-2010 11:37 PM

3 days. Anyone know if it'll be downloadable at 00:00 GMT Friday? Also, what size download for just the expansion?