Official Fulqrum Publishing forum

Official Fulqrum Publishing forum (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/index.php)
-   Warrior, Paladin, Mage (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   About Frenzy Skill (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=4544)

rayruan 10-08-2008 05:53 AM

About Frenzy Skill

As mentioned in other thread, It only gives that bonus after your unit kills a complete stack of units. I just wonder if it is usefull.

Thanks

Tuplis 10-08-2008 06:28 AM

I don't really like frenzy because in my opinion the bonus kicks in once you have already ensured the victory. There are sometimes stacks that can be considered easy picks and thus easily give some extra attack to your ranged units but all in all, I found better uses for my points early on.

rayruan 10-08-2008 06:54 AM

so, for mage, in the might skill tree, only Rage Control and Master of Spirits worth to learn, no need go further.

Zhuangzi 10-08-2008 06:55 AM

I quite like Frenzy. As a Paladin, I found that I was happy to upgrade it to +4 attack in midgame. In this game, it's not enough to win battles, you have to win them convincingly enough for it to be profitable. So I think Frenzy has a use.

Nighttime Commander is also a very cheap and nice skill - shame night is so short in this game. :rolleyes:

ThyrsaM 10-08-2008 07:16 AM

Nighttime also works when in caves if I am correct.

rayruan 10-08-2008 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThyrsaM (Post 53761)
Nighttime also works when in caves if I am correct.

yes, I agree

Solkarnar 10-08-2008 08:16 AM

Onslaught is kinda impt late game too, when u get to meet a ton of black dragons where they are in your face before u can get a spell off. I hate it when they kill 1/3 of my stack even before i get to move.

rayruan 10-08-2008 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solkarnar (Post 53782)
Onslaught is kinda impt late game too, when u get to meet a ton of black dragons where they are in your face before u can get a spell off. I hate it when they kill 1/3 of my stack even before i get to move.

what you need to do is find a high initiative unit in your team, then use magic to increase other.

Gatts 10-08-2008 11:15 AM

Onslaugh at least one level is handy - mostly you can have fast units at the nearly start of the game (lake dragonflies) but the enemy can have them as well - so to be first in the battle is quite handy.

Frenzy is the spell that changed always the scale of winning in my favour (mostly when enemy is casting spells like clone/phoenix, ressurect, but most often when fighting bosses who spawn tons of small units, or when fighting the undead who have necromancers - more often they reanimate dead stack better for me, my army got +6 attack each time with easy kill of reanimated units and it was quite fun to see how the enemy tries to overhelm me but is actually making it each turn more easy for me :)

Namel 10-08-2008 12:57 PM

Does only killing stack get bonus or all units in army?

If you kill multiple stacks does frenzy bonus add up?