Official Fulqrum Publishing forum

Official Fulqrum Publishing forum (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/index.php)
-   Men of War (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Hey look, Noob needs help (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=6703)

the_wakeful 03-19-2009 06:20 AM

Hey look, Noob needs help

Hey guys, I'm playing the demo of this game and loving it except that its hard as crap. I'm playing on easy and I still can't get passed the 'attack the convoy' portion of the mission. I have read the tutorials on a different forum (linked from here somewhere) and read through other posts, yet I still suck at this game. Can anyone give me some ideas that I might have missed so far? I can make it to the hill with no casualties (if I'm careful) but I just get destroyed from there.
Thanks for the help.

P.S. the tutorial says something about capturing enemy armor, but I can't figure out how to do that (besides grabbing a truck I found). There are lots of anti-tank guns around that I want to use.

Nike-it 03-19-2009 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_wakeful (Post 70257)
Hey guys, I'm playing the demo of this game and loving it except that its hard as crap. I'm playing on easy and I still can't get passed the 'attack the convoy' portion of the mission. I have read the tutorials on a different forum (linked from here somewhere) and read through other posts, yet I still suck at this game. Can anyone give me some ideas that I might have missed so far? I can make it to the hill with no casualties (if I'm careful) but I just get destroyed from there.
Thanks for the help.

P.S. the tutorial says something about capturing enemy armor, but I can't figure out how to do that (besides grabbing a truck I found). There are lots of anti-tank guns around that I want to use.

Most of the AT guns are damaged or destroyed, so you can't use them. Several AT guns are available in front of the hill, and you can take them like you grab the truck. Also try to use cumulative shells against the enemies on the hill, the tanks are not very strong there, so one shot will be enough. and also don't forget to take more shells from broken tank. Wish this helps.

the_wakeful 03-19-2009 06:47 PM

Thanks, but what is cumulative shells? you mean the High explosive ones?

Nike-it 03-20-2009 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_wakeful (Post 70299)
Thanks, but what is cumulative shells? you mean the High explosive ones?

Yeah, exactly, I used only them and didn't have any problems with the first mission. And also don't forget to use Direct Control feature, it really helps.

infirebaptize 01-12-2010 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nike-it (Post 70337)
Yeah, exactly, I used only them and didn't have any problems with the first mission. And also don't forget to use Direct Control feature, it really helps.

hi,
What's direct control feature? i'm still playing the demo. Also can you fire while tank is moving? when you right click and drag on ground i see yellow dots with arrow what's that?

Thanks.
Where to get a hard copy of this game in North America "Canada".

[SOE]No.Mam 01-12-2010 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infirebaptize (Post 135526)
What's direct control feature?.

y can control/move/firing each single unit. i dont know the standard hotkey to activate "Direct Control". have a look in game settings -> control.

Quote:

Also can you fire while tank is moving?

yes y can firing and moving same time in Direct Control.

Quote:

when you right click and drag on ground i see yellow dots with arrow what's that?

when y use this command (yellow dot & arrow) y units move automaticly to yellow dot and look/rotade body (eg. tanks) to arrow direction.

Quote:

Where to get a hard copy of this game in North America "Canada".

i think easiest/cheapest way to order MoW is about an onlineshop. eg. gamersgate.com
GamersGate: Men of War
GamersGate: Men of War: Gold Edition

infirebaptize 01-12-2010 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [SOE]No.Mam (Post 135569)
y can control/move/firing each single unit. i dont know the standard hotkey to activate "Direct Control". have a look in game settings -> control.

I know now, I hold ctrl key with mouse to do that.

Quote:

yes y can firing and moving same time in Direct Control.
Ok, I tried that, I issue a move command but once I hold ctrl to fire the tank stops!!

Quote:

when y use this command (yellow dot & arrow) y units move automaticly to yellow dot and look/rotade body (eg. tanks) to arrow direction.
Got it.

Quote:

i think easiest/cheapest way to order MoW is about an onlineshop. eg. gamersgate.com
GamersGate: Men of War
GamersGate: Men of War: Gold Edition
Thank you.

[SOE]No.Mam 01-12-2010 04:31 PM

for Direct Control press "END" -> now y can move y units per key arrows and aim with mouse same time.
test it with captured jeep in demo map.

("end" & "arrows keys" are standard settings - y'll find it in game -> settings -> keys -> direct control)

infirebaptize 01-12-2010 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [SOE]No.Mam (Post 135586)
for Direct Control press "END" -> now y can move y units per key arrows and aim with mouse same time.
test it with captured jeep in demo map.

("end" & "arrows keys" are standard settings - y'll find it in game -> settings -> keys -> direct control)

wow, thanks, i didn't know about this feature.

infirebaptize 01-13-2010 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infirebaptize (Post 135591)
wow, thanks, i didn't know about this feature.

1) how to refuel the tank?
2) Are enemy vehicles repairable and drivable? because i tried to repair with the kit i got from my tank but wasn't able too!
3) Is the only way to rearm the tank by going near by ammunition and use the eye icon?
4) Can i view solider inventory while inside the tank?

Thanks.