Official Fulqrum Publishing forum

Official Fulqrum Publishing forum (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/index.php)
-   Rig'n'Roll (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Design Flaw, Not a Bug (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=14457)

USA Trucker 04-20-2010 04:40 PM

Design Flaw, Not a Bug

I have notice today that if you go to the 60 miles bar/diner, and look at the newspaper, and see an "Open Mission", it will state that you must go to a certain warehouse/s by a certain time of day. There is a problem here. Of all the important things to list on the HUD, nowhere does it list the current time of day. So, you will expend an enormous amount of time going to that warehouse, only to find you're late!!

A way around that is to go to the motel, and there they tell you what the current time is, but without a current clock on the HUD, you'll never know if you're making it on time.

flykas 04-20-2010 08:43 PM

That "black shark" device shows what time it is at the bottom. Atleast in russian version.

USA Trucker 04-20-2010 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flykas (Post 155599)
That "black shark" device shows what time it is at the bottom. Atleast in russian version.

Which "Black Shark" item are you referring to. I have a couple of them (US version)?

pook 04-20-2010 08:58 PM

Yes. I think it activates the F3 or F4. Something like that. But it is true that the play bar (HUD) at the top could also be an indicator of time. For example I would like to be able to disable the gaming HUD and not see her. I get in your way. And when I want to check to see the on and off ...

USA Trucker 04-20-2010 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pook (Post 155602)
Yes. I think it activates the F3 or F4. Something like that. But it is true that the play bar (HUD) at the top could also be an indicator of time. For example I would like to be able to disable the gaming HUD and not see her. I get in your way. And when I want to check to see the on and off ...

The F3 key is for the "Black Shark" monitor. I already have that activated, and there is no clock.

pook 04-20-2010 09:25 PM

That's what I thought. Well, I already can not remember if there's time. I did not already played more than a month. A Russian version of the time I not needed. because I just did not understand the text message which was a time ....... Hmm. Maybe Softlab assumes that everyone has to watch his hands. And that does not need game time then:) hehe. In this game, blame anything. Everything possible and impossible.

donnerwetter 04-21-2010 06:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by USA Trucker (Post 155606)
The F3 key is for the "Black Shark" monitor. I already have that activated, and there is no clock.

Clock is by the bottom of the window. See attachment.

USA Trucker 04-21-2010 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donnerwetter (Post 155653)
Clock is by the bottom of the window. See attachment.

Many thanks. I guess RnR couldn't make it easy by putting it on the HUD, and get rid of some of the useless items.:rolleyes:

donnerwetter 04-21-2010 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USA Trucker (Post 155673)
Many thanks. I guess RnR couldn't make it easy by putting it on the HUD, and get rid of some of the useless items.:rolleyes:

The main reason that the clock is not on the HUD is that minutes would pass at the speed of seconds, which is obviously not good.

USA Trucker 04-21-2010 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donnerwetter (Post 155674)
The main reason that the clock is not on the HUD is that minutes would pass at the speed of seconds, which is obviously not good.

Actually 18WOS has it, and I didn't find this to be a problem. The minutes moving at game time speed shouldn't be an issue, it would be expected.