Official Fulqrum Publishing forum

Official Fulqrum Publishing forum (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/index.php)
-   IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=132)
-   -   Suggesting to devs (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=8616)

Anton Yudintsev 08-04-2009 07:12 PM

Suggesting to devs

Please, send all your suggestions about the game Title Update - here.
We'll try to do whatever we can, if there will be Title Update.
Please, stay reasonable - we can't add Pacific Theater or Mission editor in title update.
I don't promise we'll do everything, or even anything :) but we'll read all of your feedback carefully.

I can't read all these treads, and I do not read private messages either.
And, please, no flood or repeative suggestions here.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. As for sequel suggestions - let's wait for game release first.

irrelevant 08-04-2009 07:14 PM

Accurate P-51 cockpit!!! :cool:

edit: this is the only update I will request for this game. ;)

guiltyspark 08-04-2009 07:15 PM

The biggest fix that needs to happen as soon as possible is the controls . some things need to be switched and some need to be changed.

This most important would be......

Right stick - Ailerons , elevator
Left stick - power, rudder

Another thing that people would really like to see is the cockpit lookaround view button ( to activate it ) set to a toggle mode

So instead of having to awkwardly hold in the stick , all that is needed to look around the cockpit is a tap of the stick.

But as a result of this , the toggle function and actual placement of the lookaround feature needs to be moved to the power stick so that the player can still manuever the aircraft while looking around the cockpit.

ThatYoungGameGuy 08-04-2009 07:15 PM

Put the crash tendency lower, so that you can belly land without a unrealistic crash ruining it!

P-51 08-04-2009 07:18 PM

Mapable controls! Now im a happy bunny:grin: oh yeah Please sort the P-51 Cockpit out please.... Sorry for repeating that :?

moozicmon 08-04-2009 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thatyounggameguy (Post 87236)
put the crash tendency lower, so that you can belly land without a unrealistic crash ruining it!

seconded!

Abbevilleboy 08-04-2009 07:19 PM

Can we please have the correctly configured 8 gun Browning .303 armed MkIa or MkIIa Spits for the Battle of Britain campaign?

Cannon armed Spits only made a very small and brief appearance with 19 Sqn during the BoB period, and then again briefly with 92 Sqn after the Battle in November.

The Spitfire featured in the XBOX Live demo and on the website is a MkVb - these did not become operational until Spring '41.

(Sorry, I have posted this elsewhere as a reply before finding this thread - don't mean to be repetitive but want the developers to see this!)

P-51 08-04-2009 07:21 PM

Actualy i think its a mk.II in the demo! and thats DLC not update...

sasquatch 08-04-2009 07:21 PM

Perhaps this should be stickied. I wouldn't want it buried before the full game releases and we get a better look at the game.

Anton Yudintsev 08-04-2009 07:22 PM

As for belly landings - plane explodes if it is damaged heavy enough not to take off.
So it is not ruining gameplay. Why do you need it? It is flight sim, not crash sim...

moozicmon 08-04-2009 07:22 PM

additional audio cues for things like stalling (someone posted this in another thread), low oil from a hit, speed fluctuation, etc.

Anton Yudintsev 08-04-2009 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moozicmon (Post 87248)
additional audio cues for things like stalling (someone posted this in another thread)

Our sound engineers had checked this - and we have audio for stalling...
We can probably make it more exaggerated, not sure now.

Edit:
Sorry, I've checked this again. It is glitch :(
Will probably be in update (if it will happen).

moozicmon 08-04-2009 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sasquatch (Post 87246)
Perhaps this should be stickied. I wouldn't want it buried before the full game releases and we get a better look at the game.

seconded

butterfield 08-04-2009 07:25 PM

To make a long story short it is confirmed by myself and several other forum members that the shuddering or buffeting sound effect is missing before you enter a high speed stall while in cockpit mode. The PC version has this...and there is currently none in BOP

Please add this audio effect back in for the sake of playability.

Thank You.

ThatYoungGameGuy 08-04-2009 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anton Yudintsev (Post 87247)
As for belly landings - plane explodes if it is damaged heavy enough not to take off.
So it is not ruining gameplay. Why do you need it? It is flight sim, not crash sim...

well i've had my plane in immaculate condition, approaching the ground at about 20mph and the second my wing touches the ground. BANG!

guiltyspark 08-04-2009 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anton Yudintsev (Post 87247)

its just one of those features that makes the game that much better

If you pull off an amazing belly landing after being damaged badly , only to explode into flames after minimal damage . it ruins immersion.

this was a NORMAL landing , and it was WAY over reactive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm_gh...e=channel_page

i suggest just turning down the damage at low speeds

carbury 08-04-2009 07:27 PM

- Pads and Joystick personal configuration ( especially possibility to adjust the sensibility of the Rudder and the free look on the Hori Flight Stick )
- Possibility to follow his target in Sim mod ( but with cockpit and natural restricion like clouds etc.. )
- Adjust skins
- More possibility ton configure your game as you want to make the game good as you want.
- G-Force impression

Well...if everything is possible for sure :)
But I think what is really important for a first edition is the following points even if they are already been said:

- Real Cockpit
- Skins
- Key Configurator

The others are just if you got time to make it :) We will do withour for sure ;)
++
Thank you for this thread Anton

Abbevilleboy 08-04-2009 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P-51 (Post 87245)
Actualy i think its a mk.II in the demo! and thats DLC not update...

It may well be meant to be a MkII but it looks like a Vb - that's the problem. And while I appreciate the demo is just an early look it doesn't bode well for the full game to make such an elementary mistake in my opinion.;)

moozicmon 08-04-2009 07:33 PM

not sure if this is just because it is the trial version, but I HATE the looping "successful mission" music when I'm completing my secondary objective or just shooting down more planes...

Nitpicky I know, just bringing it to your attention in case anyone feels the same way...

Anton Yudintsev 08-04-2009 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guiltyspark (Post 87256)
i suggest just turning down the damage at low speeds

Your wing was broken.
You wouldn't be able to takeoff. It is not over-reactive. It is exactly what I am telling.

This explosions achieves two goals:
- adds more Holywood style action (especially if you one, who hit target, not the one who landed).
- gives more visual for MP - more time you see enemy explosion, not just landed.

Ironman69 08-04-2009 07:35 PM

Anton, can you confirm whether or not the machine guns on the allied planes are de-synced ? A big problem with IL2 was that the allied guns were in sync when firing when they should of been firing one at a time in rapid order.

Abbevilleboy 08-04-2009 07:35 PM

Hey Guilty - nice landing!

I agree, belly landings should be all part of the experience. After all, during the Battle of Britain it was pilot shortage that was the problem, not aircraft production. A pilot could walk away from that and be up fighting again within hours, therefore shouldn't count as a failed attempt.

Anton Yudintsev 08-04-2009 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironman69 (Post 87264)
Anton, can you confirm whether or not the machine guns on the allied planes are de-synced ? A big problem with IL2 was that the allied guns were in sync when firing when they should of been firing one at a time in rapid order.

They are in sync.

H Lecter 08-04-2009 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moozicmon (Post 87262)
not sure if this is just because it is the trial version, but I HATE the looping "successful mission" music when I'm completing my secondary objective or just shooting down more planes...

Nitpicky I know, just bringing it to your attention in case anyone feels the same way...

That would really be nice. I hear the looping music as I type these lines. The music in the game is really awesome, but this part is a pain.

ThatYoungGameGuy 08-04-2009 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatYoungGameGuy (Post 87255)
well i've had my plane in immaculate condition, approaching the ground at about 20mph and the second my wing touches the ground. BANG!

what about that Anton? And we don't care about a 'hollywood effect' we just want to be able to belly land man!:-x

ThatYoungGameGuy 08-04-2009 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H Lecter (Post 87268)
That would really be nice. I hear the looping music as I type these lines. The music in the game is really awesome, but this part is a pain.

yeah i hate that aswell, dont get me wrong though, i LOVE this game ;)

reverend66 08-04-2009 07:41 PM

Mappable controls is all I ask, the rest of the game is perfect in my opinion.

Rev:mrgreen:

Ironman69 08-04-2009 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anton Yudintsev (Post 87266)
They are in sync.

Does BoP model the recoil effect of the machine guns firing? In IL2, the incorrect sync of the machine guns of allied planes created alot of adverse yaw and instability. Oleg finally fixed this but it was very late in coming. Just a suggestion to you. Pay no attention to it if it's not gonna be a problem of instability in BoP.

guiltyspark 08-04-2009 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anton Yudintsev (Post 87263)
Your wing was broken.
You wouldn't be able to takeoff. It is not over-reactive. It is exactly what I am telling.

- adds more Holywood style action (especially if you one, who hit target, not the one who landed).
- gives more visual for MP - more time you see enemy explosion, not just landed.

people in single player are going to land at the end of the mission

so they are not taking off anyway

And for multiplayer a landing where the pilot survives due to a good skill landing should not count as a "suicide" or an enemy kill assist. if he crashes and survives let him respawn and keep his point for a good landing.

ThatYoungGameGuy 08-04-2009 07:45 PM

Also, would it be possible to keep the same camera when you get shot down rather than a zoom out?

butterfield 08-04-2009 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatYoungGameGuy (Post 87269)
what about that Anton? And we don't care about a 'hollywood effect' we just want to be able to belly land man!:-x

Like this??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZsTcJoxUoE

Anton Yudintsev 08-04-2009 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guiltyspark (Post 87275)

And for multiplayer a landing where the pilot survives due to a good skill landing should not count as a "suicide" or an enemy kill assist. if he crashes and survives let him respawn and keep his point for a good landing.

Good point.
We'll see.

Jeevz 08-04-2009 07:45 PM

Complete control configuration is the thing I want to see most in an update. Also wheel brakes for flight stick users would be nice.

Anton Yudintsev 08-04-2009 07:46 PM

Stop repeat the same issue and post unrelated videos, please.

moozicmon 08-04-2009 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H Lecter (Post 87268)

Ha, it definitely fades in and out during the day... while I'm at work it's maddening because it is so far away :cry: not that I am addicted to a demo, oh not at all :roll:

David603 08-04-2009 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anton Yudintsev (Post 87263)
Your wing was broken.

In the Il2 games on the PC, during campaign it was possible to progress even if you were shot down so long as you survived and came down behind friendly lines. This meant being shot up badly did not necessarily mean that you failed the mission, like a real pilot, you could survive being shot down and return to your unit for another mission.

While less stylish than the plane blowing up, it did give an authentic feel to the game.

An alternative method would be to give the victor the kill when the game recognised that the plane was on the ground and could not takeoff, but leave the pilot to exit the plane manually, which would count as being shot down, not being killed. This would perhaps be best on simulation and realistic difficulties, leaving "Hollywood style action" for the players on arcade.

guiltyspark 08-04-2009 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anton Yudintsev (Post 87278)
Good point.
We'll see.

please see to it!
the fans would be more than grateful !

thousands.... MILLIONS of youtube videos anton.... think of the free advertising :cool:

moozicmon 08-04-2009 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatYoungGameGuy (Post 87276)
Also, would it be possible to keep the same camera when you get shot down rather than a zoom out?

seconded

ThatYoungGameGuy 08-04-2009 07:52 PM

like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIejWLHAMp4

i did go into settings and change the camera though, but i cant look around with the right stick, it would be cool to look behind and see flames burning up the plane ;)

guiltyspark 08-04-2009 07:52 PM

Okay guys

Next issue

CONTROLS

Alot of people on consoles are used to controlling FPS games (the most popular games right now) mainly with the right stick.

I believe alot of people would be able to relate to this game more if the right stick controled the ailrons and elevator.

Even when i play , im so used to using the right stick to control games .... that it feels broken when i play BOP , but i know for a fact that the controls are amazing because i have a joystick

versapak 08-04-2009 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guiltyspark (Post 87275)

In multiplayer think of it not as a death or suicide count, but as a tally of lost planes. ;)

If you are having to belly land, then you lost that plane, and someone should get credit for taking you out of the sky. :P

dandymountfarto 08-04-2009 08:00 PM

axis campaign.
co-op campaigns.

yes yes i know im in la-la land! (sorry is this in the wrong thread?):oops:

guiltyspark 08-04-2009 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by versapak (Post 87289)
In multiplayer think of it not as a death or suicide count, but as a tally of lost planes. ;)

If you are having to belly land, then you lost that plane, and someone should get credit for taking you out of the sky. :P

how about you just stop , and let anton fix this instead of throwing it off the rails for the rest of the community who want it to happen?

philip.ed 08-04-2009 08:04 PM

One thing that I would really like is historically accurate skins. And also the ability to add new skins to the plane, maybe as free DLC? Such an update, I feel would go down really well with simmers like me. :grin:

versapak 08-04-2009 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guiltyspark (Post 87291)
how about you just stop , and let anton fix this instead of throwing it off the rails for the rest of the community who want it to happen?

Maybe I don't want it to happen, for the very reason I just stated.

If you are no longer able to keep your plane in the sky, or land it properly, then someone should get the credit for taking you out of the sky.

I don't know the multiplayer details yet, and if there is one for landing on carriers or at airfields, then yeah a successful belly land should count in your favor, but someone should still get credit for taking you out of the sky/you should be punished for losing a plane.

guiltyspark 08-04-2009 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philip.ed (Post 87293)
One thing that I would really like is historically accurate skins. And also the ability to add new skins to the plane, maybe as free DLC? Such an update, I feel would go down really well with simmers like me. :grin:

this thread is more along the lines of a patch , things that NEED to be fixed for gameplay reasons

ThatYoungGameGuy 08-04-2009 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatYoungGameGuy (Post 87287)
like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIejWLHAMp4

i did go into settings and change the camera though, but i cant look around with the right stick, it would be cool to look behind and see flames burning up the plane ;)

what about this issue?????:mad::mad::mad::mad::-x:-x:-x

H Lecter 08-04-2009 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatYoungGameGuy (Post 87298)

Anton will look into it. It was posted above in this very thread. Rome was not burned down in a day, so everything takes some time. Please be a bit patient ;)

guiltyspark 08-04-2009 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by versapak (Post 87294)
Maybe I don't want it to happen, for the very reason I just stated.

If you are no longer able to keep your plane in the sky, or land it properly, then someone should get the credit for taking you out of the sky.

I don't know the multiplayer details yet, and if there is one for landing on carriers or at airfields, then yeah a successful belly land should count in your favor, but someone should still get credit for taking you out of the sky/you should be punished for losing a plane.

no , you shouldnt be punished....

if you are "shot down" a external camera will show your plane plummiting toward the ground.

if you are damaged to the point where you are losing airspeed and need to put the plane down AND YOU DO IT SUCCESSFULLY

you should be REWARDED

moozicmon 08-04-2009 08:20 PM

if they are not in the game already, carrier landings

PLEASE

I have never seen anything definitive concerning this so I am assuming you want to surprise us, or they got cut somewhere along the way

ThatYoungGameGuy 08-04-2009 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guiltyspark (Post 87303)
if you are "shot down" a external camera will show your plane plummiting toward the ground.

no, we dont want an external camera, we want the camera to remain in the current view that you were playing in...

Anton Yudintsev 08-04-2009 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatYoungGameGuy (Post 87298)

If pilot was killed or bailed out, and somehow, you wasn't forced to a bail-out menu, it is possible (Dead or absent pilots are not controlling their plane).
Need more info.

guiltyspark 08-04-2009 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatYoungGameGuy (Post 87311)
no, we dont want an external camera, we want the camera to remain in the current view that you were playing in...

you are dead though

ThatYoungGameGuy 08-04-2009 08:31 PM

look just check my video, in order to get the camera inside, i had to Bail out after my plane burst into flames, and then select cockpit camera from the options menu. it would be nice if the camera STAYED in the view that you had it in before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIejWLHAMp4

Anton Yudintsev 08-04-2009 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatYoungGameGuy (Post 87314)
look just check my video, in order to get the camera inside, i had to Bail out after my plane burst into flames, and then select cockpit camera from the options menu. it would be nice if the camera STAYED in the view that you had it in before.

Stop posting this video, please.
So, I was right?
You were killed (or plane destroyed), but managed to get back to cockpit view?

ThatYoungGameGuy 08-04-2009 08:37 PM

So, I was right?

sorry but im just trying to get my point across, and yes, but what im saying is, it would be great if the camera DIDN'T zoom out, and that it stayed in the view you had it in.

guiltyspark 08-04-2009 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anton Yudintsev (Post 87316)
So, I was right?

yep its a bug

versapak 08-04-2009 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guiltyspark (Post 87303)
no , you shouldnt be punished....

if you are damaged to the point where you are losing airspeed and need to put the plane down AND YOU DO IT SUCCESSFULLY

you should be REWARDED

I agree and disagree depending on the circumstances.

If there is an objective that involves you landing, then yes you should be given credit for a successful landing.

If there is no respawning, and you manage to successfully belly land, then yes, I agree you should be rewarded the opportunity to take another plane up Though I think the person that took you out of the sky should get some credit.

In a game that has respawning, then so what if you technically survived on the ground? You were taken out of the skies where the battle is, and the count really is the loss of planes.

guiltyspark 08-04-2009 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by versapak (Post 87321)
I agree and disagree depending on the circumstances.

If there is an objective that involves you landing, then yes you should be given credit for a successful landing.

If there is no respawning, and you manage to successfully belly land, then yes, I agree you should be rewarded the opportunity to take another plane up Though I think the person that took you out of the sky should get some credit.

In a game that has respawning, then so what if you technically survived on the ground? You were taken out of the skies where the battle is, and the count really is the loss of planes.

because as soon as you land you respawn , and if you escape you pursuing enemy enough to safely belly land you should not be given a "sucide" or "enemy killed you" message

you should just respawn

BTW if you belly land the plane is repairable , so its not really a "loss" of a plane.

Abbevilleboy 08-04-2009 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dandymountfarto (Post 87290)
axis campaign.
co-op campaigns.

Seconded,
Thirded,
Fourthed!

versapak 08-04-2009 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guiltyspark (Post 87322)
because as soon as you land you respawn , and if you escape you pursuing enemy enough to safely belly land you should not be given a "sucide" or "enemy killed you" message

you should just respawn

We're just gonna disagree on this one. (Well... I don't think it should tell you "you died", but I think it should tell you "you lost your plane, and can't continue" then reward the person that caused that.)

I won't reply any longer trying to hinder your request of it though. :)

dandymountfarto 08-04-2009 08:45 PM

er...just reading on the thread about an axis campaign - forget i mentioned it!

Abbevilleboy 08-04-2009 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dandymountfarto (Post 87327)
er...just reading on the thread about an axis campaign - forget i mentioned it!

Nah - NUTS to all the people who aren't mature enough to realise that not all Germans were Nazis - grow up you fools, and try reading The First and The Last, you might enjoy it and get a new perspective.

Germany had its war heroes too. Its sad that they are often made to feel guilty for celebrating them.

After the war, guys on oposing sides were great and life-long friends such as Stanford-Tuck and Galland.

ThatYoungGameGuy 08-04-2009 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatYoungGameGuy (Post 87319)
So, I was right?

sorry but im just trying to get my point across, and yes, but what im saying is, it would be great if the camera DIDN'T zoom out, and that it stayed in the view you had it in.

Anton?

Anton Yudintsev 08-04-2009 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatYoungGameGuy (Post 87332)
Anton?

Got the point now.

Anton Yudintsev 08-04-2009 09:01 PM

Once agian. NO FLOOD PLEASE.

ThatYoungGameGuy 08-04-2009 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anton Yudintsev (Post 87334)
Got the point now.

ok sorry man, i just want to make this game the best it can possibly be. and hey, you've already won my heart over DiRT 2 :)

guiltyspark 08-04-2009 09:06 PM

i think i found something that needs to be fixed

In simulation mode on the p51 mission the targets are really hard to spot from the air due to similarities with the sattalite map and the actual ground units sillohette.

I was wondering if something can be implemented similar to the method of the distant plane dots (i believe they are a hud effect , not the actual plane in the distance)

only with some sort of highlighting technique to make them just a bit more visible from the air.

guiltyspark 08-04-2009 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anton Yudintsev (Post 87336)
Once agian. NO FLOOD PLEASE.

http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/resou.../?type=display

ThatYoungGameGuy 08-04-2009 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guiltyspark (Post 87340)

In simulation mode on the p51 mission the targets are really hard to spot from the air due to similarities with the sattalite map and the actual ground units sillohette.

I was wondering if something can be implemented similar to the method of the distant plane dots (i believe they are a hud effect , not the actual plane in the distance)

only with some sort of highlighting technique to make them just a bit more visible from the air.

don't mean to be a hippercrit (and yes i can't spell) but come on man, thats a bit picky. we can't straighten out everything about this game, EVERY game has bugs you know.

guiltyspark 08-04-2009 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatYoungGameGuy (Post 87345)
don't mean to be a hippercrit (and yes i can't spell) but come on man, thats a bit picky. we can't straighten out everything about this game, EVERY game has bugs you know.

its not really a bug , its just in that particular mission the targets blend in with the sattalite map (dark spots)

so its really tricky to see the target

Im sure on some of the other maps like stalingrad it will be easy as pie to spot something from the air

H Lecter 08-04-2009 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guiltyspark (Post 87340)

Please, it's supposed to be like that in simulation mode. There is a realistic mode if you want highlighted targets. I will start the missions in realistic mode and then try them again in simulation. I want to dig my teeth in it, even if I fail.

guiltyspark 08-04-2009 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H Lecter (Post 87349)
Please, it's supposed to be like that in simulation mode. There is a realistic mode if you want highlighted targets. I will start the missions in realistic mode and then try them again in simulation. I want to dig my teeth in it, even if I fail.

It has nothing to do with how realistic the game is , at 720p you cannot make out ground targets in that mission.

go look at my p51 video , the sattalite map has these dark black dots (trees viewed from above) that look like the shadows of the target

H Lecter 08-04-2009 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guiltyspark (Post 87350)
It has nothing to do with how realistic the game is , at 720p you cannot make out ground targets in that mission.

go look at my p51 video , the sattalite map has these dark black dots (trees viewed from above) that look like the shadows of the target

Maybe there could be some other methods to highlight them a bit more. like stronger muzzle flash, smoke trails, etc. ..?

guiltyspark 08-04-2009 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H Lecter (Post 87353)
Maybe there could be some other methods to highlight them a bit more. like stronger muzzle flash, smoke trails, etc. ..?

thats what i was thinking , the muzzle flash is great the way it is though

it shows you the area the target is hidden in .

but there is nothing to really "mark it"

i would think a lingering smoke cloud would be pretty good

SR91 Aurora 08-04-2009 09:20 PM

Planes visible through clouds/metal

Sometimes, when planes are far away and are just black dots in the distance, they can be seen through clouds and through parts of your aircraft's cockpit.

Sparlan007 mentioned this in another thread:

Quote:

*When you look at the mirror in the spitfire (im not sure if this is in all planes or not i havent checked) if there are some planes in front of your mirror (like in Real Life the mirror would be blocking your view of them) you still see the dots of the aircraft (in sim mode) just as if they were acutaly behind you. This has fooled me several times into thinking they were behind me not in front of me.

SleepTrgt 08-04-2009 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SR91 Aurora (Post 87358)

Sometimes, when planes are far away and are just black dots in the distance, they can be seen through clouds and through parts of your aircraft's cockpit.

Yea i guess thats there to guide you to targets, keeping you in the action.
Once youre in range they dissapear.

guiltyspark 08-04-2009 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SR91 Aurora (Post 87358)

the effect they used is pretty much the same as the red and yellow diamonds locking on to planes

only its black , thats why you can kinda see it

Camo-234 08-04-2009 09:28 PM

They should make it to were you can turn your engine off and on.

juz1 08-04-2009 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anton Yudintsev (Post 87228)
Please, send all your suggestions about the game Title Update - here.
We'll try to do whatever we can, if there will be Title Update.
Please, stay reasonable - we can't add Pacific Theater or Mission editor in title update.
I don't promise we'll do everything, or even anything :) but we'll read all of your feedback carefully.

I can't read all these treads, and I do not read private messages either.
And, please, no flood or repeative suggestions here.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. As for sequel suggestions - let's wait for game release first.

just to get a wheel brake on a flightstick on sim....I'm done:grin:
________
Jailbroken

TexRoadkill 08-04-2009 09:49 PM

Can you even see the muzzle flash from high altitude? More flash and some lingering smoke would definately help.

trk29 08-04-2009 10:42 PM

So you can not brake with a stick?

Riceball 08-05-2009 12:27 AM

Few things

-Make look function a toggle.

-Target info for ground targets in sim mode if you fly low and close enough to identify it. Especially the static targets that don't move. In "Tiger Hunt" on sim, it is very hard to see the trains and AA guns.

-Also would'nt mind target info for air targets in sim mode. Within a limited range, of course.

Flyboy69 08-05-2009 12:55 AM

bombers with cockpits

FireFly 08-05-2009 01:26 AM

Will the Full game support the xbox360 hard-drive install? Some game's have a performance boost and faster loading time.

1#I would like to be able to set rudder sensativity. If it is there i must have missed it some how.
In sim mode taxing on the ground while useing the rudder it will nose-over, is the left and right brakes and rudder together on the ground with the ace-edge flight stick?

fuzzychickens 08-05-2009 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by butterfield (Post 87254)
To make a long story short it is confirmed by myself and several other forum members that the shuddering or buffeting sound effect is missing before you enter a high speed stall while in cockpit mode. The PC version has this...and there is currently none in BOP

Please add this audio effect back in for the sake of playability.

Thank You.

Anton, can you confirm if this is true? Is the sound missing or does it need to be adjusted?

The audio feedback for stall helps very much to control the plane when making hard turns.

irrelevant 08-05-2009 01:51 AM

@fuzzy: check Anton's quote below. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anton Yudintsev (Post 87250)
Our sound engineers had checked this - and we have audio for stalling...
We can probably make it more exaggerated, not sure now.

Edit:
Sorry, I've checked this again. It is glitch :(
Will probably be in update (if it will happen).

rbaron 08-05-2009 04:10 AM

please consider

hi - my first post on the forum here although i have read it for quite some time
so firstly greetings all

and thanks to Anton and the others in bringing this wonderful game to consoles! and making their presence visible and sharing as they have when they really had no obligations to do so - very much appreciated

my suggestions

- please please consider implementing the replay external view similar to il2 - where i can pan around my plane and admire it!!! reason - i am not a very good 'pilot' if you will and i found being able to review my crash and burns or rare 'victories' as hugely beneficial to helping me learn and improve from my mistakes (i still recall my first flight in il2 - how suspensful it was as i tried to survive being blown out of the sky, and how i somehow managed to crash land on a tiny pacific island! then to replay it and see it from another external perspective where i could pan around - unforgetable to say the least!)

- i also found it very enjoyable to watch the ai planes battle it out - and for a game this breathtaking it would be fantastic to have this option - just to admire the achievement of such great graphics too - from what i have seen so far this game has set a new bar in the visuals dept!!! not to mention the musical scores, and how the two look like they will marry to create a great gaming experience

it would be really neat to scroll through external views of other planes as you could in il2 as well - friends and foes ... - but i have no idea if this is remotely achievable here?

the 'magic' of il2 for me was enjoying both the THRILL of aerial combat AND enjoying the beauty of flight and those warbirds with some control over what i was looking at and being able to review it or show to others too.

i also often thought it would be neat if the replay mode had an option for an 'old film footage' look - black and white with some dust and scratches like the old gun cams ... but i digress - am getting away from the action of the flight sim!!

this game will be incredible no matter its final level of finish - but here is to fingers crossed that the last bit of effort is applied to make this one truly something special and memorable - the team that has brought it to be has clearly done so with passion and pride in their very hard work and i think it would be wonderful if it could be 'brought home properly' if you will ... a 10 out of 10 rather than falling short by only a few yards because it only came so close to what it could have been ...

sorry for the long blab, and hope it was ok to post in this section

now ... where is the ps3 demo! :) and where to i buy a hotas x in Canada ...!!!

cheers, R Baron

trk29 08-05-2009 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbaron (Post 87439)
hi - my first post on the forum here although i have read it for quite some time

Greeting fellow ps3 owner waiting on a demo.:-P

haitch40 08-05-2009 09:43 AM

ok 1 thing id like
stop enemies crashing into the ground and your wingmen taking the rest although i want wingmen to do something but i want it to be possible to fail a mission

elneilios 08-05-2009 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatYoungGameGuy (Post 87319)
So, I was right?

How about having it like in PC IL2. If you are killed in Cockpit view, the screen goes black. But you can change to external view if you want to see the crash.

elneilios 08-05-2009 10:04 AM

Quick suggestion... instead of hold down the right stick for free look, click once to toggle on or off. This makes looking for the enemy much easier whilst still being able to fly the plane without accidently changing the throttle or rudders.

Other than that I find the gamepad control scheme is fine and if I want better control I will buy a flight stick. Love the demo!

Jazzy Jase 08-05-2009 10:09 AM

Please can you fix it so that my plane doesn't flip after a successful landing in Sim mode when using the Aviator Stick.

A brake button would also be nice.

Markus 08-05-2009 10:49 AM

Nice to have

Hello developers,

i haved play the demo from the il2 on xbox .

it is a very good game but please make different gamepad settings .

to look around in the cockpit i don't will hold the stick pressed down .

i found a toggle between look and yaw rudder better or

the usage of the left and right trigger/button for the rudder .

ShootyMcGun 08-05-2009 11:04 AM

great game some controll issues

First off played the demo and this game is awesome well done! the only two things i find iritating are that the sticks cannot be swaped so pitch and roll is on r/h stick throttle and yaw on left and in realistic and simulator mode the stalling is great and makes it challenging but im pretty sure a p-51 mustang has enough power to do a loop without going into a stall. there also seems to be a problem with landing in sim mode plane just flips over when you slow down. other than these minor issues this game is fantastic I will pre order tomorrow

AeroWizard 08-05-2009 12:09 PM

Replay feature , not complete but almost 5 minutes of cinematic replay with different views!

thank's in advance...

Jazzy Jase 08-05-2009 01:29 PM

Is it just me or does WEP stay on forever and your engine never overheat when using the Aviator stick? Maybe that could be fixed?

H Lecter 08-05-2009 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AeroWizard (Post 87498)
Replay feature , not complete but almost 5 minutes of cinematic replay with different views!

thank's in advance...

So is there a replay but just not an editor? Sorry if my question appears dumb, but I have seen many different statements on that already...

A five minutes replay is much better than no replay at all :grin:

dald101 08-05-2009 03:09 PM

Only one suggestion from me...

Please can we have the option to turn on target names on sim mode (single player)

Without them i really cant see how destroying so many ground targets is possible, when they are not visible until the last second!:( :confused:

loopdreams 08-05-2009 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazzy Jase (Post 87512)
Is it just me or does WEP stay on forever and your engine never overheat when using the Aviator stick? Maybe that could be fixed?

I've noticed this too but it's not the stick. It seems to be unlimited in all modes except arcade, bizarrely.