Official Fulqrum Publishing forum

Official Fulqrum Publishing forum (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/index.php)
-   IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=189)
-   -   Anyone going back to IL2 1946 for a while? (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=20141)

(AEF) BLOODGUT 04-01-2011 11:23 AM

Anyone going back to IL2 1946 for a while?

Just wondering if anyone will be gogin back to the old IL2 until they release some patches?

hoarmurath 04-01-2011 11:25 AM

Well, it seem 1946 isn't going to get a replacement after all, and it stays the best ww2 aerial combat sim so far.

So yes, first thing i did after having tried COD, was launching 1946.

ExeQtoR 04-01-2011 11:37 AM

Me fore sure cause Cod is not playable at the moment....

PE_Tigar 04-01-2011 11:48 AM

Yes and no - I love flying CoD, but over land it's unplayable, and a lot of guys in my squad have even worse problems than I do. So I'll keep on flying single missions over water until they fix the performance, for multiplayer we'll continue using Il-2.

brando 04-01-2011 11:55 AM

Side by side. I'm involved in an on-line campaign and need to keep practising so that I don't forget how to fly :)

machoo 04-01-2011 11:59 AM

I think it runs well , this is a video from my machine .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j0Cfe8ktKo

PVT_Shepperd 04-01-2011 12:17 PM

CoD is working fine on my machine. Of course graphics settings are far from maxed, but it looks quite good. So I ll stick to CoD. I think, it will get better in the next days.

drewpee 04-01-2011 12:27 PM

I also have NO problems running COD on high settings. At first I found I had little control but I'm slowly mapping keys and getting used to the new game engine. I think after thinking I new what I was doing in IL2-1946 starting again from scratch with COD is a bit humbling. That said after a couple of hours I'm starting to get into the feel of the game. With support of the il2 community its going to be a kick ass game and IL2 will be old school like Space Invaders and Pack Man.

tintifaxl 04-01-2011 12:40 PM

I'll stick with COD. There is so much to learn and to do. It's come so far, that I really don't want to start up 1946 anymore so I don't get distracted from learning the new CEM.

And by the time I feel comfortable flying and have learned to handle CEM, the devs will have ironed out the performance issues and multiplayer will work like a charm ;)

Conte Zero 04-01-2011 01:22 PM

I never uninstalled the first IL2 in 8 years. it's gone through several transformations and releases, then modded with ultrapack, but its always there on my drive, first thing I reinstall whenever I format o buy a new machine :D

Skoshi Tiger 04-01-2011 01:39 PM

I'm too busy relearning how to fly, and getting rid of all the bad habits that I picked up in the old series.

For fun I'll get back into hyper lobby and fly some online games but it's fairly large learning curve getting use to the new flight model.

cheers!

Thee_oddball 04-01-2011 02:01 PM

i was getting 80+ fps on a multiplayer map :) on med/low settings at 1360x769
and on high setting i was getting 30 fps over water in a 4x4 qmb

I think the game ill be fine on multiplayer maps

Plt Off JRB Meaker 04-01-2011 02:06 PM

No real major problems here,ok it could be improved but surely that's what they're doing.We've been given updates allready and more are on the way.

Face it guys Oleg was upfront about you all requiring top machines to run this,there was no hiding the fact.This is the future,you've just got to get the technology to run it correctly.If you have'nt upgraded your kit,don't grumble,you're not ready for it,simple.

There is no future in running iL1946,it's soooo dated,graphics,sound you name it it's all yesterday.Sim's like ROF and COD are with us now,wake up and smell the coffee.

Wutz 04-01-2011 02:42 PM

Too busy trying out all this new stuff! The CEM is on some planes pretty hefty!
But great fun! Love the twin engine aircraft they are a real joy to fly. The single engine ones are a bit wobbely, but that does not bother me as I am more into bombers.

Blackdog_kt 04-01-2011 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skoshi Tiger (Post 248243)
I'm too busy relearning how to fly, and getting rid of all the bad habits that I picked up in the old series.

For fun I'll get back into hyper lobby and fly some online games but it's fairly large learning curve getting use to the new flight model.

cheers!

More or less this is my take on things as well. I'm not uninstalling IL2, but just flying around in CoD in one aircraft on an empty map is enough to keep me fully occupied until they iron out the performance issues. There's loads of new stuff to learn and while the lack of documentation is a bit daunting (i spent 10 minutes looking around the Ju88 cockpit for the electric master switch to complete my engine start and didn't find it :-P ), i still like going through it all and discovering things on my own.

That being said i'm still tweaking all kinds of things, from Freetrack to in-game controls and that makes it a bit more time consuming. Especially since i decided to fly with full CEM and temp effects right from the get-go while using a single-slider stick.

I consider this my "conversion to type" training while they patch it up to be more playable and the knowledge base expands. ;)