Official Fulqrum Publishing forum

Official Fulqrum Publishing forum (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/index.php)
-   IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=189)
-   -   Announcement of the game "IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad" (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=36417)

BlackSix 12-11-2012 08:58 AM

Announcement of the game "IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad"

Good day everyone!

So, the long wait is over and we're ready to share with you the news and reveal our plans.

1C Announces Partnership with 777 Studios to create 1C Game Studios and develop Battle of Stalingrad!

You can read the full announcement on the official website of the game - Il2sturmovik.net. We also invite you to our new forum, where you will find additional information about the project and will be able to ask questions and chat with the developers.

I want to draw your attention to the fact that the collection of your wishes and suggestions, various data and answers to your questions, etc. will be made only on the official forum. Our team visits various flight-simulation portals with great respect and we are grateful for their help and support, but we need to focus our attention and efforts on just one as we work through this challenging development period. We hope you understand.

The obligation to communicate with the Russian-speaking community is entrusted to me; I will also assist Jason Williams
(president of 777 Studios) with the English-speaking audiences. Also, for very specific or technical topics other members of 1C Game Studios will occasionally lend a hand.

About the problems of registration:
If you have any problems, don't receive a letter for activation, etc. - write to me at this address, the issue will be resolved.

EAF51/155_TonyR 12-11-2012 09:22 AM

Great! Thx a lot

kristorf 12-11-2012 09:37 AM

Interesting developement, if not unexpected.

NSU 12-11-2012 09:42 AM

Thx for the Info :-)

flyingblind 12-11-2012 09:49 AM

Well, bring it on. Lets see how this progresses.

BlackSix 12-11-2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlipBall (Post 486559)
:cool:...b6 I have log in problem at new forum

What is the problem? Write me here please

Skoshi Tiger 12-11-2012 09:52 AM

Fantastic!
Hmmm!

Quote:

Q. Will BOS be based on the Digital Nature engine (777 Studios Technology)?

A. Yes, the Digital Nature engine and associated technologies will be the basis for BOS, but of course work will be done to make it ready for WWII aircraft and other changes to the code will no doubt occur over time. The engine is an ever evolving piece of software.

Q. Will BOS install over CLOD as promised by previous management?

A. Sorry it will not, BOS will be based on a completely different engine and be a completely different product line.
Pitty really, the Cod engine had so much going for it!

Feathered_IV 12-11-2012 09:57 AM

Fantastic news. Bringing together the best of both teams and their combined experience is a best thing that could happen to this genre. Very exciting times ahead. :-P

Liz Lemon 12-11-2012 10:01 AM

Excellent news

I just hope it doesn't follow ROf pricing model

BlackSix 12-11-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liz Lemon (Post 486573)
Excellent news

I just hope it doesn't follow ROf pricing model

BoS will have new model

Feathered_IV 12-11-2012 10:10 AM

"The former 777 Studios development management team is overseeing the development of both BOS and ROF"

Nice. Albert Zhiltsov is definitely someone to have on your side.

Vulcanel 12-11-2012 10:11 AM

Some sad news, and some good also... but bye bye COD, and prepare your pockets... :(

Interview to Jason Williams, CEO 777 Studios:

Posted Yesterday, 08:27

Q. Why did 1C choose to partner with 777 Studios?

A. 1C has seen the remarkable quality of ROF and its associated technologies1C also liked 777’s ability to be flexible in the marketplace and innovative ideas. 777 Studios has also shown the ability to please its customers and provide excellent communication to the community on development matters.

Q. Why did 777 Studios choose to partner with 1C?

A. 777 Studios decided to work with 1C because they have seen 1C’s dedication to the flight-simulation genre over the years and their willingness to continue to invest in such products when other large publishers do not share the same passion. 1C is known for its dedication to PC hardcore gaming and products like Rig'n'Roll, Space Rangers, Soldiers: Heroes of World War II, Faces of War, Men of War series, Perimeter, Fantasy Wars, Death to Spies, King’s Bounty: The Legend, King’s Bounty: Armored Princess and King’s Bounty: Crossworlds, Off-Road Drive, Real Warfare 2: Northern Crusades, King’s Bounty: Warriors of the North and of course IL-2 Sturmovik series.

Q. What happened to the CLOD development team and the ROF development team?

A. Both teams have been merged into one team (1C Game Studios) that will share one roof and be responsible for both BOS and future ROF development.

Q. Who is managing this new combined development and business team?

A. The former 777 Studios development management team is overseeing the development of both BOS and ROF. Business matters are handled by a joint management team with executives from both companies.

Q. Will ROF development continue and will airplanes and content continue to be made?

A. Yes, ROF development will continue. We are still finishing development of features and content we promised the community earlier in 2012. The Channel Map, two seaplanes and two early-war scouts are still in development and scheduled for release end of 2012 and the beginning of 2013.

Q. Will BOS be based on the Digital Nature engine (777 Studios Technology)?

A. Yes, the Digital Nature engine and associated technologies will be the basis for BOS, but of course work will be done to make it ready for WWII aircraft and other changes to the code will no doubt occur over time. The engine is an ever evolving piece of software.

Q. Why was the Digital Nature engine chosen instead of the CLOD engine?

A. The Digital Nature engine is an advanced game engine that has been developed over several years and powers ROF with great results. Besides being relatively bug free and well-functioning, it has advanced physics, realistic flight-modeling, progressive damage modeling, complex ballistics, detailed environmental modeling, detailed terrain modeling and superb graphics rendering. Above all else it is more modular and flexible than the CLOD engine. It can even support different types of player vehicles from main battle tanks to giant robots. Using the Digital Nature engine will provide users with a well-functioning product at launch that can be brought to market fairly quickly. It can still be further enhanced in the future as needed.

Q. What is the business model for BOS?

A. BOS will have a few different options for new users that will put them in the cockpit and new content added over time after initial launch.The BOS business model will have some similar aspects with ROF, but it will not be identical.

Q. Will you have to pay for new content like airplanes?

A. Of course, additional content once developed will be offered for sale.

Q. Will BOS be classified as an MMO?

A. No, BOS will include both SP and MP game-play options but giving some new unique experiences. We know flight-simmers enjoy both types of game-play.

Q. Will BOS include every imaginable feature and detail the community will want?

A. Unfortunately, no simulation title can have everything the community will want. There is a relatively short window to create and launch BOS. As 777 Studios learned from developing ROF, it is better to start with digestible chunks of features and content that works and add more over time. We also do not want to keep the community waiting for years while we make a large product that may not work as advertised. We prefer to take it one step at a time.

Q. Will content from CLOD be imported and be used in BOS?

A. If any is used, than all previously createdcontent by 1C Company will be used in the future projects with maximum possibilities.

A. Sorry it will not, BOS will be based on a completely different engine and be a completely different product line.

Q. Will BOS be published by Ubisoft?
A. No, international rights for selling new IL-2 Sturmovik titles has returned to 1C and the new joint venture will use this opportunity to publish and operate new titles on its own.

ParaB 12-11-2012 10:20 AM

Good news. The release date of early 2014 means that hopefully it won't be another rushed release like CloD.

And I do actually like the business model of RoF. I get high-quality aircraft for reasonable prices, the devs get a constant cash flow to stay in business.

Good enough for me.

Skoshi Tiger 12-11-2012 10:24 AM

Will it contain similar scripting possibilites as COD in regards to mission creation? There was some very good work done by the community. It would be a pitty if this facility was lost.

II/JG53 Rolf 12-11-2012 10:41 AM

I think, we need more info about that... Clod is dead, left for modders...

There will be SP and MP, how will this be handled with the ROF price model? Will all planes be AI, when added (so you can fight them in SP and MP) and you will fly only the basic pack plus bought ones? Will SP/MP campaigns be plane related (with prequisities like: For Bf-109 G2 customers only)...or something else?

banned 12-11-2012 10:42 AM

R.I.P Clod.

A new forum for you AoA to begin another epic post count with new people to abuse.

Condolences to all those who said this wouldn't happen.

Osprey 12-11-2012 10:43 AM

Part of me is pleased, and I don't mind buying content BUT I am concerned about running servers, scripting and mapping so questions will be asked......

FG28_Kodiak 12-11-2012 10:48 AM

Hm only good news for me BlackSix is back :grin:

For the others we will see what the future brings.:rolleyes:

Ploughman 12-11-2012 10:49 AM

Er. You telling me CLoD and it's engine died today? That the franchise is over, that Luthier and Maddox Games and Oleg and all that is over and the name's been sold or given over to 777 and their engine to exploit?

Put a shine on it if you like, but this is a kick in the nuts.

robtek 12-11-2012 10:52 AM

If the number of objects in IL2:BoS is as absurd low as in RoF it really doesn't matter how wonderful the planes will be, Eastern Front was a ground war with air support not the other way around, no way to simulate that with the actual RoF engine limitations.

JG26_EZ 12-11-2012 10:54 AM

Cool. Thanks for the info B6.

Gourmand 12-11-2012 10:57 AM

please do not let the clodo engine die,
release part of code source for the community / modder
or aircraft / terran builder

make a last gift for your fan and cliffs of dover user...

Volksieg 12-11-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ploughman (Post 486592)
Er. You telling me CLoD and it's engine died today? That the franchise is over, that Luthier and Maddox Games and Oleg and all that is over and the name's been sold or given over to 777 and their engine to exploit?

Put a shine on it if you like, but this is a kick in the nuts.

I have to say that I welcome this news! I don't understand your attitude at all, Ploughman. Do you know the 1C Maddox Games team personally? Did you spend sleepness nights sat up late discussing concepts with Oleg all those years ago? :D I know this may sound incredibly mercenary to some but this merger means one thing to me:

A working WW2 flight simulator to be released relatively soon which will attract more players and, though it may need a bit of patching (As all software tends to), will be playable out of the box for a vast number of people..... cue: Good reviews! More pilots! Filled servers! Less complaining!

This is fantastic news! Perhaps not for Maddox Games... perhaps not for the old development team... perhaps not for Oleg.....

... But great news for us!

Anyway... I now have CloD working pretty well! I'm sure others will still play it online and, if not, there is a wealth of single player missions out there now so..... COOL! I will now have TWO WW2 flight simulators on my hard drive! :D

Osprey 12-11-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robtek (Post 486593)
If the number of objects in IL2:BoS is as absurd low as in RoF it really doesn't matter how wonderful the planes will be, Eastern Front was a ground war with air support not the other way around, no way to simulate that with the actual RoF engine limitations.

I rarely agree with robtek but this is true. I am concerned about the mapping engine, IL2 is way ahead of ROF when it comes to maps, and the scripting in clod is powerful - We at Storm of War run a custom Fighter Command system in Multiplayer which handles human groups and vectoring information.

This is a message to get across.

Volksieg 12-11-2012 11:08 AM

Well... we live in hope. Just because ROF can't do these things it doesn't necessarily mean the engine cannot. Fingers crossed and all that! lol

Ploughman 12-11-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volksieg (Post 486599)
I have to say that I welcome this news! I don't understand your attitude at all, Ploughman. Do you know the 1C Maddox Games team personally? Did you spend sleepness nights sat up late discussing concepts with Oleg all those years ago? :D I know this may sound incredibly mercenary to some but this merger means one thing to me:

A working WW2 flight simulator to be released relatively soon which will attract more players and, though it may need a bit of patching (As all software tends to), will be playable out of the box for a vast number of people..... cue: Good reviews! More pilots! Filled servers! Less complaining!

This is fantastic news! Perhaps not for Maddox Games... perhaps not for the old development team... perhaps not for Oleg.....

... But great news for us!

Anyway... I now have CloD working pretty well! I'm sure others will still play it online and, if not, there is a wealth of single player missions out there now so..... COOL! I will now have TWO WW2 flight simulators on my hard drive! :D

No, I don't know them personally but what was stopping the RoF team from getting into WWII aviation with or without Maddox games? Something died today. Something that I've been into for ten years. The CloD engine showed lots of promise, it wasn't perfect but it was getting there and I'm not convinced that the engine that powers RoF is going to offer us the future that the CloD engine might have. I will, of course, buy the Battle of Stalingrad iteration of RoF. But Maddox games and Il-2 Sturmovik and Cliffs of Dover, that seems to be over and I'm not rejoicing.

Osprey 12-11-2012 11:15 AM

It's custom scripting that concerns me. Most of the good custom stuff for MP was done by 3rd parties, and definitely is with COD (check the Storm of War RDF feature for instance). I don't remember seeing that in ROF but best ask SYN what they think and, of course, Jason himself :)

vranac 12-11-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robtek (Post 486593)

Exactly!

Very sad news.

I realy doubt that 777 can improve their engine or write a new one for one year.

No ground war,simple dogfigt...

Nice move from 1C, how to squeeze quickly some more money from Il2 Sturmovik brand.

Volksieg 12-11-2012 11:19 AM

Sure... I can see that. No point crying over spilt milk...

We are a niche market and, sadly, this means we have to take whatever crumbs they throw at us and, let's face it, it is better to have a few crumbs thrown at you than nothing at all. There was a horrible possibility that the WW2 Flight Simulator as a concept was going to die not that long ago and, no matter how much potential the CloD engine showed (It did show a lot!)... we all knew in our hearts that it was over.

We have, at the very least, a chance of the hobby surviving now instead of having to choke back tears, numbly playing the latest arcade pseudo-simulator, boring our grandkids about the good old days of complex engine management and realistic flight models. lol

Smile! We have a future! May not be the one we wanted but it is a future!

Insuber 12-11-2012 11:20 AM

WOW! Honestly I didn't expect that almost anymore ... my hopes were really LOW!

Thank you B6 and welcome back!

Cranky 12-11-2012 11:22 AM

Does this mean that Cliffs of Dover will not be updated by the new BOM? I am certain that Luthier said that after the last update for Cliffs we will be able to get missing feature and fixes when we buy BOM?

Viking 12-11-2012 11:27 AM

Goodby!

A good day for the gamers and a sad day for us simmers. Now I can sell my joystick as the mouse will be enough for the next game.
Viking

d.burnette 12-11-2012 11:29 AM

Anyone else having trouble creating an account on the new forum?
I registered, got the activation email, clicked the link, and nothing. Even tried copying and pasting link into my browser, still nothing...

Skoshi Tiger 12-11-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cranky (Post 486610)
Does this mean that Cliffs of Dover will not be updated by the new BOM? I am certain that Luthier said that after the last update for Cliffs we will be able to get missing feature and fixes when we buy BOM?

I guess either they changed their minds or it was changed for them. Pitty there was so much negative reaction to COD by parts of the community. The sad thing is that negativity will probably be tranfered to BOS. Some people just can't help themselves.

Oh! welcome to the community. Pitty, you should have been here yesterday!

Hooves 12-11-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cranky (Post 486610)

Im pretty sure that was before he lost his job........lol

Im not sure what you guys are all pissy about, 1C RAPED you for a year and a half with an unplayable nightmare. Starved you of information, insulted your intelligence, stomped out with an iron fist your discontent over a broken product that you bought under false pretenses, rewrote the game you bought and took out half the features they advertised on, and you are sad?

I say REJOICE! RoF is a great game, if you read the QandA Jason says they are getting the RoF engine ready for WWII, and were going to be playing it in 14 Months!!!!!!!!!

that QandA answered more questions in one thread than 1C answered in a year.

Bring it on 777!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skoshi Tiger 12-11-2012 11:33 AM

See Cranky,

Told you!

Feathered_IV 12-11-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ploughman (Post 486604)
No, I don't know them personally but what was stopping the RoF team from getting into WWII aviation with or without Maddox games? Something died today. Something that I've been into for ten years. The CloD engine showed lots of promise, it wasn't perfect but it was getting there and I'm not convinced that the engine that powers RoF is going to offer us the future that the CloD engine might have. I will, of course, buy the Battle of Stalingrad iteration of RoF. But Maddox games and Il-2 Sturmovik and Cliffs of Dover, that seems to be over and I'm not rejoicing.

I think it has been over for some time. I wish it were otherwise of course, but the new team at MG did not seem to be going forward with the things that they inherited. I'm more inclined to think of this as a much needed transfusion, rather than a death in the family.

swiss 12-11-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gourmand (Post 486597)
please do not let the clodo engine die,
release part of code source for the community / modder
or aircraft / terran builder

make a last gift for your fan and cliffs of dover user...

WW2 flight sims are a niche - there is no space for a competing (even worse it's free!) product.
If they did that, it would only prove their management is still terrible.

zapatista 12-11-2012 11:44 AM

this is the worst possible news

forget high realism simulator, prepare for cartoon world with jason asking for 20$ at every step

the 1C management has just thrown out 6 years of development of the most sophisticated nex gen sim that could have evolved into all we asked for in the last 10 years, only to throw it all away because they dont understand what was rescued by luthier, and all they can think of is the wasted years when they (the 1c managers) were not overseeing oleg close enough to keep his release dates on track

our only hope now is that luthier goes on to make his korean war sim and has greater idea's

bad choice 1c management, very bad choice ! the RoF "game engine" is dated and not able to reproduce real time modeling of flight physics for aircraft, its going to be a console type arcade game but released for pc, and they have thrown away a highly sophisticated flightsim that took years to develop

Anders_And 12-11-2012 11:46 AM

Awwwwwweesoooooome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Yes yes yes yes!!!!

Hooves 12-11-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skoshi Tiger (Post 486620)
See Cranky,

Told you!

Skoshi come off it, I and MANY others are incredibly pissed at maddox for what they did to this community. If you wanna just get crapped on and say Please may I have some more. Than go ahead, but its about time they got some REAL management over them. I have nothing but positive things to say about RoF and 777's style, they have made me a happy customer many times over.

FS~Lewis 12-11-2012 11:47 AM

http://thecinemaunderground.files.wo...rpo-gookie.jpg

335th_GRAthos 12-11-2012 11:47 AM

Nice! :)

~S~

carguy_ 12-11-2012 11:53 AM

I guess it is better than nothing, and some speculations were real.

Guud luck guys, let us see how it turns out.

Anders_And 12-11-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viking (Post 486614)
A good day for the gamers and a sad day for us simmers. Now I can sell my joystick as the mouse will be enough for the next game.
Viking

Bye! We wont miss you!!

d.burnette 12-11-2012 12:08 PM

Well can't say that I am totally suprised, guess where there was a little smoke there was some fire...
I had a feeling something might be up, when they released the final patch via Steam so quickly after RC2 came out for testing, and said that was it until the official announcement.
If there is one thing we can always count on, is there will always be change going forward. Hopefully this will be a good thing, and only time will tell.

Obviously the concept of future merged installs with CLoD, along with the current title benefitting from future development is now out the window. CLoD is now certainly a stand alone product, and we will see no future improvements unless somehow modders get involved in some way.

I am not off to a good start, as I can't seem to get registered on the new official forum. I have sent B6 an email so hopefully he can get me squared away.

Certainly a sad day for the current interation of the IL2 franchise as we know it, but hopefully better things will be on the horizon.

swiss 12-11-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zapatista (Post 486625)
this is the worst possible news

What do you reckon?
You were wrong - once again, lol.

swiss 12-11-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackSix (Post 486575)
BoS will have new model

Could we have a tiny bit of additional information on this?

Cranky 12-11-2012 12:20 PM

So it turned out that Tree_UK was telling far more truth than Luthier.... who would of thought that?

Ploughman 12-11-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feathered_IV (Post 486621)
I think it has been over for some time. I wish it were otherwise of course, but the new team at MG did not seem to be going forward with the things that they inherited. I'm more inclined to think of this as a much needed transfusion, rather than a death in the family.

To be sure, it is what it is. I'm a little suprised at the general air of optimism at this news. I have been visiting the forums of late but I'd completely missed the sense that CloD was in the coffin and has been for some time, something that seems to be generally acknowledged.

I had hoped RoF and 777 would get into 40s era combat simming, perhaps with a Flying Tigers sim, I know Jason and 777 were into that. But really, it's the death of the CloD engine and Maddox flight sims that I'm lamenting. If Zapatista's right, the RoF engine isn't going to be able to offer us the same future. But it's better than nothing. Rights to the CLoD engine might be transferred at some point and it might breath air once again.

Ataros 12-11-2012 12:38 PM

Let's discuss the new old engine, guys http://forum.il2sturmovik.net/index.php?showtopic=21
I hope the devs can benefit from your input.

Agrrh... Looks like someone else is using my 1C avatar on that forum :)

SlipBall 12-11-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cranky (Post 486644)
So it turned out that Tree_UK was telling far more truth than Luthier.... who would of thought that?

I think that it was luthier who coined the name "Cranky"...so, don't gloat, you owe him that ;)

Borsch 12-11-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ataros (Post 486658)

Agrrh... Looks like someone else is using my 1C avatar on that forum :)

The "someone" is LOFT, one of the heads of RoF and BoS projects ;)

planespotter 12-11-2012 12:44 PM

This is great and thankyou B6 for the news.

So this forum will now become a place where people (ok maybe fewer and fewer, but...) talk about cliffs of dover rather than argue about what the future looks like! More boring?, but a step ahead yes.

ATAG_Bliss 12-11-2012 12:50 PM

Welcome to a 1v1 dogfight simulator that doesn't even have cockpit damage modeled. If it follows the same ludicrous business model of buying fuel gauges, compasses, gunsights, pistols, ammo, weapons etc, expect an HE111 to cost $200. This is the final nail. The ROF engine is terrible. Vanilla 46 has 10 times the features in the FMB.

furbs 12-11-2012 12:56 PM

Its a new engine, stop whining bliss. ;)

Best news ive heard in 2 years.

ATAG_Bliss 12-11-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by furbs (Post 486670)
Its a new engine, stop whining bliss. ;)

Best news ive heard in 2 years.

I guess you missed the part about the DN engine. That's not new. Hence ROF engine. I suggest you learn a bit about it. Run a server for it for a few years etc, the last thing you would say is this is good news for MP.

zapatista 12-11-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATAG_Bliss (Post 486667)
Welcome to a 1v1 dogfight simulator that doesn't even have cockpit damage modeled. If it follows the same ludicrous business model of buying fuel gauges, compasses, gunsights, pistols, ammo, weapons etc, expect an HE111 to cost $200. This is the final nail. The ROF engine is terrible. Vanilla 46 has 10 times the features in the FMB.

i think it will now take a concerted effort to see what part of the code can be accessed in CoD to try and improve various elements. beyond that, our best hope might well be the DCS series with their new gfx engine due for release in 2014

JG52Uther 12-11-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlipBall (Post 486659)
I think that it was luthier who coined the name "Cranky"...so, don't gloat, you owe him that ;)

Most original name yet, although I did quite like 'El Arbol' that had a bit of thought behind it!

Cranky 12-11-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JG52Uther (Post 486676)
Most original name yet, although I did quite like 'El Arbol' that had a bit of thought behind it!

lol. :grin:

Hooves 12-11-2012 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATAG_Bliss (Post 486667)

Pretty sure they said they are going to make the engine WWII ready, and besides what are your choices Bliss? Clod the Battle of Britian FOR EV ER. Or something that might offer some damned variety.

Here is to hoping that the RoF engine version of the BoB doesn't inexplicably have ridiculous Flak on the French side, or ungodly underpowered British Aircraft.

katdogfizzow 12-11-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Giving respect to the roots of the IL-2 Sturmovik series, the partnership will start with the development of Battle of Stalingrad which focuses on the Eastern Front air war during the titanic struggle over the industrial city of Stalingrad in 1942-43.
Quote:

A. Sorry it will not, BOS will be based on a completely different engine
Optimistic.

BlackSix 12-11-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swiss (Post 486637)
Could we have a tiny bit of additional information on this?

Yes, later, when we are ready. Today we told about the most basic things only.

MadTommy 12-11-2012 01:58 PM

I think its great news.

Development with RoF engine and 777 is far better than either no development or the ongoing roller coaster that the CloD engine & Maddox Games were providing.

Osprey 12-11-2012 02:21 PM

One thing for sure, I won't miss the Stasi that run this forum.

CWMV 12-11-2012 02:23 PM

Hey great news! Thanks much!

catar 12-11-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ParaB (Post 486581)
Good news. The release date of early 2014 means that hopefully it won't be another rushed release like CloD.

And I do actually like the business model of RoF. I get high-quality aircraft for reasonable prices, the devs get a constant cash flow to stay in business.

Good enough for me.

I don't mind paying $10-$15 for aircraft.Rather that then $60 for useless game

Davy TASB 12-11-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catar (Post 486745)
I don't mind paying $10-$15 for aircraft.Rather that then $60 for useless game

Didn't mind paying for planes but objected to buying crap like different coloured silk scarves.
That said I doubt if I shall be shelling $500 or so on planes for this venture like I have (or at least will have when the payware finishes :D) for RoF. The WW1 air war was really my bag, WWII I can take or leave especially the Russian scenario.

Have to agree with the likes of the proverbial RoF hater Bliss though about his fears about the engine not being able to do cockpit damage and not being able to handle many aircraft for multiplayer.

This sim will be a "wait and see" for me.

Have a nice day! :cool:

zapatista 12-11-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davy TASB (Post 486750)
That said I doubt if I shall be shelling $500 or so on planes for this venture like I have for RoF.

lol, you gotta be freakin kidding me

yo furbs, come and look at this one and then try and tell me again how happy you are

unbefreakinleavable !!

salmo 12-11-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skoshi Tiger (Post 486582)
Will it contain similar scripting possibilites as COD in regards to mission creation? There was some very good work done by the community. It would be a pitty if this facility was lost.

ROF scripting is done via a GUI rather than direct coding in C#. This probably will make it easier for the 'lay' person to create scripted mission events. The ROF scripting works reeasonably well. I hope that this facility will be expanded, perhaps with the ability to create your own custom script libraries, as the new BOS develops.

SlipBall 12-11-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salmo (Post 486765)
ROF scripting is done via a GUI rather than direct coding in C#. This probably will make it easier for the 'lay' person to create scripted mission events. The ROF scripting works reeasonably well. I hope that this facility will be expanded, perhaps with the ability to create your own custom script libraries, as the new BOS develops.

This to me is of the highest importance to have available, they may not know of it's importance unless we ask.

ACE-OF-ACES 12-11-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackSix (Post 486557)
Good day everyone!

So, the long wait is over and we're ready to share with you the news and reveal our plans.

1C Announces Partnership with 777 Studios to create 1C Game Studios and develop Battle of Stalingrad!

You can read the full announcement on the official website of the game - Il2sturmovik.net. We also invite you to our new forum, where you will find additional information about the project and will be able to ask questions and chat with the developers.

I want to draw your attention to the fact that the collection of your wishes and suggestions, various data and answers to your questions, etc. will be made only on the official forum. Our team visits various flight-simulation portals with great respect and we are grateful for their help and support, but we need to focus our attention and efforts on just one as we work through this challenging development period. We hope you understand.

The obligation to communicate with the Russian-speaking community is entrusted to me; I will also assist Jason Williams
(president of 777 Studios) with the English-speaking audiences. Also, for very specific or technical topics other members of 1C Game Studios will occasionally lend a hand.

Now that is making my xmas very merry! S!

Red Dragon-DK 12-11-2012 03:12 PM

This is Black Tuesday for FLYSIM community.

This is the worst thing that could happen. Not only is it a worse engine, with less details, it is ugly and cartoony, but also the fact that you have to pay for each aircraft. They add no new stuff like they did in IL2, no adons with maps, aircraft and campaines ect and this I think is a disaster.

An eksembel here what I mean. No part falls off, no smoke effect from engien only fuel leake. and when it crashes to the ground no harm, as in reality. Dont like the look of the plane eather.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnPTaqcLZe4

http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p...ilking-cow.jpg

furbs 12-11-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zapatista (Post 486762)

yo furbs, come and look at this one and then try and tell me again how happy you are

unbefreakinleavable !!

I prob spent about 100 quid on ROF and dont regret a penny.

If i have to spend 2x for a very good WW2 sim that works, then again no regrets.

Red Dragon-DK 12-11-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by furbs (Post 486774)
I prob spent about 100 quid on ROF and dont regret a penny.

If i have to spend 2x for a very good WW2 sim that works, then again no regrets.

Good for you. But not all have that cind of money.

312_Jura 12-11-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dragon-DK (Post 486772)
This is Black Tuesday for FLYSIM community.

This is the worst thing that could happen. Not only is it a worse engine, with less details, it is ugly and cartoony, but also the fact that you have to pay for each aircraft. They add no new stuff like they did in IL2, no adons with maps, aircraft and campaines ect and this I think is a disaster.

An eksembel here what I mean. No part falls off, no smoke effect from engien only fuel leake. and when it crashes to the ground no harm, as in reality. Dont like the look of the plane eather.

That is a nonsense.. Nothing you said is true apart from having to pay for most aircrafts (the game itself is free btw)..

CWMV 12-11-2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dragon-DK (Post 486775)
Good for you. But not all have that cind of money.

LOL! This is exceptionally funny coming from you, given you did not care a single whit if the members of your own virtual squadron could afford to buy a new rig for CoD, if I recall correctly you said, and I'm paraphrasing here "Screw em if they cant keep up, we must advance with the game. Others will come to fill their place in the JG."

Further Otto everything you said is patently false. The video you showed as proof was better looking than anything I ever saw in CoD.
Maybe you've just become accustomed to everything hitting the ground exploding, but that's not the way it really works...

And I have to love the pessimism. Lets see what the business model/engine is in the end before we lament to the heavens and rub ashes in our hair?

Finally, I love the textures/colors of the ground in RoF. Better than CoD certainly.

Red Dragon-DK 12-11-2012 03:34 PM

Ohh are you getting them for free? I guess not I dont belive Im wrong. Just look up in this thread. Seveal have payed a lot of mony in ROF.

Red Dragon-DK 12-11-2012 03:40 PM

@CWMV

The move was something we had planed and prepaired for, for over 2 years. That was not something that came as a shock to anybody. All had a fair chance to upgrade.

I think it must have been a long time since you last flew in CLOD.

David Hayward 12-11-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dragon-DK (Post 486772)
An eksembel here what I mean. No part falls off, no smoke effect from engien only fuel leake. and when it crashes to the ground no harm, as in reality.

Nothing you said here is true.

CWMV 12-11-2012 03:42 PM

Nope, tried it out for a few hours with each patch. Impressed with the desastersoft campaigns, the game though? Not so much...

Immermann 12-11-2012 03:55 PM

New franchise.
New engine.

Upside:
No UBI?

(The cartoony feel of RoF would perhaps work in an African campaign.)

furzyk 12-11-2012 03:56 PM

Dont you think, that first you should make CLOD playable and than sell new game? It is not fair to forget about sim lovers whou has bought Cliffs of dover. It is just my opinion but I think many people here thinks the same.

zapatista 12-11-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 312_Jura (Post 486783)
That is a nonsense.. (the game itself is free btw)..

nonsense !!

the game was never free in the first few years, you got a couple of planes with the initial game and from then on you had to buy more items in order to stay competitive online and get newer better planes

after a few years of doing this and sales lagging, RoF decided to give you the initial 2 plane "game" for free but with limited options of how to play it. this was done very deliberately to sukker in a whole new swarm of players that would otherwise not have bought the game, and to be able to sell to a large percentage of them more planes and other items over the following months

free, no, not by far

Falstaff 12-11-2012 03:58 PM

At last, some sanity. And a moment of schadenfreude at the expense of the Clod 'defenders of the faith'.

Not a moral victory as such, just quiet satisfaction that sanity has prevailed.

I cannot see how any future development can be anything but an improvement. It may be expensive, but it should at least be competent.

There is hope yet :)

jamesdietz 12-11-2012 03:59 PM

I really welcome this news - it will be a terrific sim but sadly there won't be a tie in to CloD,which I really enjoy & had hoped til now would be part of the upcoming Russian Frnt , but with the RoF engine that won't happen...sigh...I'll be first in line to buy it tho...

d.burnette 12-11-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesdietz (Post 486824)
I really welcome this news - it will be a terrific sim but sadly there won't be a tie in to CloD,which I really enjoy & had hoped til now would be part of the upcoming Russian Frnt , but with the RoF engine that won't happen...sigh...I'll be first in line to buy it tho...

Yes but if successful, it certainly sounds like future sequels will tie into it. I think we should all hope for it's success, not much to choose from out there for a WWII sim.

furzyk 12-11-2012 04:13 PM

Isn't os possible to rewrite CLOD and use the same engine for this title? I think the opinion of CLOD users is important because players like me will not buy the new game before CLOD is playable.

kestrel79 12-11-2012 04:24 PM

I think you guys need to chill out. We barely know ANYTHING, be patient. Read the short FAQ. It will be a newer and modified RoF engine. So I'm sure it will be better than RoF currently in most ways.

I think this is pretty awesome. 777 studios does a great job with news and updates, keeping people informed.

Yes I'm sure we'll have to shell out some more cash similar to RoF. But wake up, this isn't the 90's sim market. Sims are VERY complex, yet a SMALL part of the market. They do need to make money somehow.

I'm looking forward to this, 777 Studios and Maddox Talent combined? Sounds like a simmers dream to me.

ParaB 12-11-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrel79 (Post 486850)
Yes I'm sure we'll have to shell out some more cash similar to RoF. But wake up, this isn't the 90's sim market. Sims are VERY complex, yet a SMALL part of the market. They do need to make money somehow.

I'm looking forward to this, 777 Studios and Maddox Talent combined? Sounds like a simmers dream to me.

+1

Well said.

pirke 12-11-2012 04:46 PM

this will be new engine ?

http://www.outerra.com/forum/index.php?topic=637.0

ATAG_Bliss 12-11-2012 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrel79 (Post 486850)

A little birdy told me the only Maddox team members are the modelers to transpose models over to the ROF engine. I doubt we see any improvements to what ROF currently offers. If they try and put the complexities into the ROF engine that are currently in Clod, it will just be that much more full of limitations. I would love to be proved wrong. But when anyone brings up those limitations on the ROF forums currently, threads are locked or deleted.

Assuming they are magically gonna be able to turn around what they can't for ROF is a pretty poor assumption. And it just adds to it when you can't even talk about those limitations now. Do they know how to fix it now what they couldn't for 4 years of ROF? I doubt it. I will of course wait to be able to load up the ME and do a test. That will determine if I ever buy it in the 1st place.

addman 12-11-2012 05:01 PM

Great news! Finally we can leave this CloD mess behind and start a-fresh, good luck and all the best to the new IL-2 team! Byebye banana!:grin:

Ailantd 12-11-2012 05:15 PM

From FAQ:

"The Digital Nature engine ... has advanced physics, realistic flight-modeling, progressive damage modeling, complex ballistics, detailed environmental modeling, detailed terrain modeling and superb graphics rendering..."

Compared with CoD engine, nothig of this is true by far.

I have tryed RoF many times as I like WWI planes, but always with the same result. I can´t get hooked with it´s cartoon and off look. I hope they can improve the engine to match CoD new standards, in physics, damage, render distance, CEM, planes and terrain detail and awasome lighting, but I seriosly doubt it. Anyway the pay for every pieze of the sim model ala RoF is a no go for me. So I´m out.

This is the Oleg`s vision dead. It was a very similar vision to mine. So I´moving ahead, but no with BoS as it is planed now.

See you in the skyes... in the CoD skyes of course.

Davy TASB 12-11-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zapatista (Post 486762)

unbefreakinleavable !!

Its about right. Look at the price of all of the planes, the maps, the weapons addons and the field mods on their site and you'll see what I mean. :cool:

http://riseofflight.com/en/store

Tot em all up, mind you I bought a good few of their planes and other stuff in their sales so 500 might be a bit of an exaggeration. I've still spent a good few quid on it though and like furbs I dont regret paying a single penny of what I've forked out.

My guess that is a couple of years after its launch, YOU will probably be amazed at how much money this new sim has taken out of your wallet.
One thing I can say though is that you dont really notice how much you have spent seeing as you buy things in dribs and drabs.

Rest assured though that the IL2 community will be paying through the nose for this new game and when you moan about the cost you will be told how lucky you are that someone is making this sim for you.
Its what Jason does... :grin:

Flanker35M 12-11-2012 05:32 PM

S!

Interesting news and gives hope. Maybe a naive comment, but I think the "former competitors" saw the light and gain more than lose by merging their teams. I hope this brings good management and community relations, less hassle and delays etc. I congratulate both 1C and 777 Studios for the new era of flight simming!

d.burnette 12-11-2012 06:00 PM

Well one thing for sure, the communication so far over at the new forum has been excellent!

RedToo 12-11-2012 06:17 PM

Luthier has been steadily dumbing down the IL2 product ever since he climbed aboard. Way to go Luthier.

Re 'communication is better at the new forum', yes, new people are in charge ...

I really do feel for Oleg, that this is the outcome after all he achieved earlier.

RedToo.

ems9 12-11-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ailantd (Post 486882)
From FAQ:

"The Digital Nature engine ... has advanced physics, realistic flight-modeling, progressive damage modeling, complex ballistics, detailed environmental modeling, detailed terrain modeling and superb graphics rendering..."

Compared with CoD engine, nothig of this is true by far.

I have tryed RoF many times as I like WWI planes, but always with the same result. I can´t get hooked with it´s cartoon and off look. I hope they can improve the engine to match CoD new standards, in physics, damage, render distance, CEM, planes and terrain detail and awasome lighting, but I seriosly doubt it. Anyway the pay for every pieze of the sim model ala RoF is a no go for me. So I´m out.

This is the Oleg`s vision dead. It was a very similar vision to mine. So I´moving ahead, but no with BoS as it is planed now.

See you in the skyes... in the CoD skyes of course.

+1

TomcatViP 12-11-2012 06:34 PM

Sad news.

For me it's out of question to return to RoF Business model. I don't see myself going after German pilots strap and Russian belly buttons as if it was the most wanted mods by the community just because it increase your virtual pilot resistance to G and nausea... Or whatever can spin out of their marketing leader

Enough is enough.

As for the game engine, beside what was promised and did not survive the first weeks on the market (FM, credible atmosphere, realism, historically accurate FM and WM...) , RoF game engine was eavily Hacked even before I had the opportunity to run it on my PC. And this with no sign of concern from Rof's devs (contrary to what we hve seen with CoD)

So RiP CoD (?). The battle is over...