Official Fulqrum Publishing forum

Official Fulqrum Publishing forum (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/index.php)
-   Star Wolves (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   [MOD][SW2] Project "Retrospection" (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=28417)

Goblin Wizard 12-11-2011 07:28 PM

[MOD][SW2] Project "Retrospection"

Hmm..release date of AoV was postponed and we probably won't get any demo so...I've decided to find some fun elsewhere.

I'm just playing Russian mod for SW2 and I've thought that maybe someone of you would like to check it too. It's not a simple mod. When installed it weights @2,7 Gb (1st part which is 85-90% finished), contains a lot of new ships, weapons, sounds, music, new map, storyline, perks system, etc. The main problem is that the mod is in Russian. I've translated most of the text via google but.. you know... translation is rarely correct but at least I can understand what is all about. If someone would like to test the mod and help with polishing the translation ;) I send him all stuff I've done so far.

Mod can be downloaded here and you can contact creators here.

Mod installation steps:
1. Retrospection v4.3.exe
2. Retrospection v.4 (Music).exe
3. Retrospection v.4 (Video).exe
4. Retrospection v4.3 (Patch 3).exe

Localization installation steps:
1. Copy all content from ../DATA/LocData/Russian folder and paste it into ../DATA/LocData/English folder.
2. Download this file, place it in the game folder and run it. It's a self-extracting 7zip archive. Alternatively, you can download common zip version here.

Alternative all-in-one version links (full mod + my localization):
Link 1
or
Link 2
Installation: put the rchive into main game folder and run the exe.

Most of the "localization" is translated by google so expect a lot of lols. Only crucial things like perks and names got a little more attention. English is not my native language so I haven't even tried to correct dialogs, items' descriptions, etc.

!!! ATTENTION !!! Unfortunately, this mod doesn't work with original, StarForce protected version of the game. If want to play you'll need to download another version of the "Star Wolves 2.exe" from e.g. GameCopyWorld.

Sing_In_Silence 01-01-2012 11:34 PM

Tried installing it on my current SW3 (restored ogirinal Data folder), cinematics play, white-screen and ctd when it starts loading the game's main menu.

I'll reinstall and then we'll see.

Goblin Wizard 01-02-2012 08:31 AM

As you wrote the mod is for SW2 not for SW3:CW.

Sing_In_Silence 01-02-2012 10:08 AM

... Oh wow.
Thanks.
So, clearly SW3:CW (Originally « Звёздные волки 2: Гражданская война ») doesn't count as SW2. Good to know.

I'm going to go bury myself now.

Goblin Wizard 01-02-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goblin Wizard (Post 375486)
As you wrote the mod is for SW2 not for SW3:CW.

Ooops.. funny how it came out. It was intended to go like "As I wrote..". I didn't know you wrote that line about SW2/SW3:CW.

btw I'll add translation (as it is) today/tomorrow evening so you'll get he idea what's going on.

kokain_jtp 01-03-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goblin Wizard (Post 375526)
Ooops.. funny how it came out. It was intended to go like "As I wrote..". I didn't know you wrote that line about SW2/SW3:CW.

btw I'll add translation (as it is) today/tomorrow evening so you'll get he idea what's going on.

Is there an translated version for that mod?

Goblin Wizard 01-04-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kokain_jtp (Post 375984)
Is there an translated version for that mod?

Info added to the first post. If you have any questions let me know.

kokain_jtp 01-04-2012 08:28 PM

Thank you.....

kokain_jtp 01-05-2012 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goblin Wizard (Post 369281)
....It weights @800mb...

After i downloaded it and extract it , it weights 2.7 Gb.... :o :grin:

Goblin Wizard 01-05-2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kokain_jtp (Post 376434)
After i downloaded it and extract it , it weights 2.7 Gb.... :o :grin:

thx for info. I checked only the archive. Fixed.

kokain_jtp 01-06-2012 02:03 PM

Hmmmm ... first ctd ... so was this mod tested on an english version of star wolves 2? When i choose the ms it crashes ... i checked the logfile and was a file missing in quests ... there are some ogg files and 2 other... dont matter important is that the files are from the original sw2 when you meet KT and Bryna...... I unziped the mod in other place and the quests folder is empty,,,,

Goblin Wizard 01-06-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kokain_jtp (Post 376786)
Hmmmm ... first ctd ... so was this mod tested on an english version of star wolves 2?

I play this mod on english version, no problems. You use Win7 or XP? I use XP 32-bit and don't have much experience with 7.
Anyway, I'll try fresh install in a minute and let you know. Maybe I f..ked up something with translation.

kokain_jtp 01-06-2012 02:24 PM

I have Windows xp 32 bit ....

kokain_jtp 01-06-2012 02:35 PM

Upload a save after you choose the ms .... And i'll see what is happening....

Goblin Wizard 01-06-2012 02:49 PM

Hmm..hard to tell. I've just reinstalled the game and mod. All works nice and smooth. No CTDs. I get "LoadOggFile" and "EngineFXProperties init fail" in log but these errors are not so important and certainly don't crash the game.
My suggestion - try to extract all five parts of the mod to five different folders and manually copy content to the right game folders. If you are prompted for overwritten you know you do it right.
If you still get the ctd post your logfile.txt and scripterrors.log (if it contains something).

kokain_jtp 01-06-2012 03:12 PM

Ok... Il try....

kokain_jtp 01-06-2012 04:04 PM

Please check your quests folder and tell me what you have there....

Goblin Wizard 01-06-2012 04:45 PM

After intall - 110 folders filled with several files each. I'm talking about ..\Data\Scripts\Quests. "Quests" folder in LocData is not used by the mod.

kokain_jtp 01-06-2012 04:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Aaaaa ok... i thought the folder in locdata is my problem... i tried .. nothing ... Here is my LOGfile....

Goblin Wizard 01-06-2012 06:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is what I have in log:
Code:

(INFO) ExecuteScriptFile - DATA/Scripts/include/RandomPlayerDialogs.script
(INFO) ExecuteScriptFile - DATA\Scripts\Locations\areko\location.script
(INFO) ExecuteScriptFile - \DATA\Scripts\InitTeamScript.script
(INFO) ExecuteScriptFile - DATA\Scripts\Locations\areko\functions.script
(INFO) ExecuteScriptFile - DATA\Scripts\Locations\areko\activate.script
(INFO) ExecuteScriptFile - Data\Scripts\InitTradeSystem.script
(INFO) ExecuteScriptFile - \DATA\Scripts\Quests\MISSION_0_01\ACEANDMOTHERSHIP.script

and this is yours (I've cut unimportant sound errors):
Code:

(INFO) ExecuteScriptFile - DATA/Scripts/include/RandomPlayerDialogs.script
(INFO) ExecuteScriptFile - DATA\Scripts\Locations\areko\functions.script
(INFO) ExecuteScriptFile - \DATA\Scripts\Quests\MISSION_0_01\ACEANDMOTHERSHIP.script

From unknown reasons engine doesn't run all the scripts and it may cause your problem. I'll add a saved game but it may not help.

kokain_jtp 01-06-2012 08:22 PM

:rolleyes: It works with the save..... Can you do one more thing for me? Goblin Wizard

Goblin Wizard 01-06-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kokain_jtp (Post 376930)
:rolleyes: It works with the save..... Can you do one more thing for me? Goblin Wizard

Do you want a save with others motherships? ;)

kokain_jtp 01-06-2012 08:52 PM

:grin: Yes.... i want with Ramadanta.... you can reed may mind....

Goblin Wizard 01-06-2012 09:01 PM

2 Attachment(s)
As you wish :) Now you have all.

kokain_jtp 01-06-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goblin Wizard (Post 376952)
As you wish :) Now you have all.

Thanks.....:grin:

Lotrek 01-09-2012 08:41 PM

Goblin Wizard,

First off, I am a long time player of this series and I am grateful for all the mod work you've done over the years and bringing this russian mod to our attention.

That being said, I need help with this. Maybe I am doing something wrong but I have been trying to get this mod to work with your translations but I have unable to do so.

I have been able to install the mod and run it without follwing your translation steps of moving the russian folder into the english folder and running your 7zip and it works. I get the russian splashscreen at start and it starts off with a new begining. However, I get placeholder dialogues when I run it like this. Basicly it says Missing Dialogue in the box where the pilot would normally be having text. I assume thats due to my using the english version. So I know I have installed the mod itself corectly.

However, when I copy the russian folder to the english folder and run your program in the main game folder it crashes on startup. I have followed your advice given in earlier posts. I am thinking that I am doing something wrong here and maybe you can elaborate on this step in the process.

Any help is appreciated. I am really dissapointed in the lack of information on Ashes of Victory and this mod looks like it would help kill time until q1 2012 turns into MM/DD/YR.

Goblin Wizard 01-09-2012 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lotrek (Post 377834)
However, when I copy the russian folder to the english folder and run your program in the main game folder it crashes on startup. I have followed your advice given in earlier posts.

If it crashes archive may be damaged. You can try download it again. Anyway I've just added link to common zip version. I hope it'll work for you now.

Lotrek 01-10-2012 05:24 AM

Thanks for the quick reply. Tried a fresh install using the zip file but it still ctd. I hope others have better luck.

Goblin Wizard 01-10-2012 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lotrek (Post 377956)
Thanks for the quick reply. Tried a fresh install using the zip file but it still ctd. I hope others have better luck.

Don't give up yet. I'll make one file version of the mod with all localization files included. Due to my tragic upload speed it may take a few hours. In meantime could you post what you get in log files when the mod crashes (LOGfile.txt and ScriptErrors.log)?

Hmm.. an idea. Make a fresh install (without localization steps). Open default.cfg in main game folder. 2nd line from the bottom should be __localization_folder "English\". Change English to Russian. Run the game and check if you see russian dialogs (cyrillic). If it works you can try to copy localization manually into Russian folder.

P.S. It's very strange to me. The mod works flawlessly on my desktop and laptop. It's hard to help because I can't duplicate your errors and see what's going on.

Lotrek 01-10-2012 09:18 PM

(INFO) Root::ReleaseObjects()
(ERROR) class Root: error in expression: ((g_Root->g_SoundManager)) == FALSE

[EXCEPTION] 0x005eda00 EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (The thread attempted to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.)

CALL STACK
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
c:\program files (x86)\valve\steam\steamapps\common\star wolves 2\Star Wolves 2.exe
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[EXCEPTION] 0x005eda00 EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (The thread attempted to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.)

CALL STACK
c:\program files (x86)\valve\steam\steamapps\common\star wolves 2\Star Wolves 2.exe

Ok this is the error message in the logfile, sorry for the wall of text. Why it is a sound error is beyond me though. I appreciate you taking the time to reupload.

Goblin Wizard 01-10-2012 09:33 PM

Hmm.. seems that your system takes sound errors more seriously than mine.

Try links below. The file is self-extracting 7zip archive (only 7zip gives archive that weights less than 1gb). If it crashes download 7zip from here.

Link 1
or
Link 2

Put the file into main game directory and run.

Lotrek 01-10-2012 09:35 PM

OK I reinstalled - ran and got to the first state of it runs but with dialogue placeholders. Took your advice and changed the localization from english to russian and got the ctd, so its the mod and not your patch.

Checked my log and got the same error message as before.

Edit: I will try the files above

Goblin Wizard 01-10-2012 09:59 PM

I've just realized that you have steam version. I remember people saying that it's the most bugged version of SW2. Some of them tried "3rd party" exe and it worked. If you still get ctd (after installing from my package) you can try it. It's the last possible option I can think of.

Sound errors may mean that your system lacks of some codecs but I doubt it. The game has its own codecs and they should be enough.

Lotrek 01-10-2012 11:31 PM

Sorry to say still getting a crash, I have no idea what a 3rd party exe is but I have spent hours now woring on a mod that I may not even enjoy lol. I don;t want to waste any more of your time with this. Thank you for the effort, 1c ought to put you on the payroll.

Goblin Wizard 01-11-2012 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lotrek (Post 378219)
I have no idea what a 3rd party exe is but I have spent hours now woring on a mod that I may not even enjoy lol.

Check these two posts (1st, 2nd). There are a lot of threads on this forum about issues with SW steam versions (especially SW2). It looks like too many copy protection systems (original StarForce plus additional soft from steam) makes the game unplayable on some configurations.

Trucidation 01-12-2012 01:34 PM

Sounds like a large mod, too bad I didn't buy SW2 :/

I guess I'll go back to waiting for Ashes of Victory to get postponed again... lol... x__X

Lotrek 01-13-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trucidation (Post 378682)
Sounds like a large mod, too bad I didn't buy SW2 :/

I guess I'll go back to waiting for Ashes of Victory to get postponed again... lol... x__X

You can get it on the cheap nowadays. I know people knock SW2 and it did have issues but I found it a diamond in the rough. I was disapointed that sw3 took away things that were introduced in sw2 like the concept of having a crew for your mothership or random missions. It is worth a playthough if you can get it to work :)

Trucidation 01-14-2012 12:42 AM

Yeah, I loved the feature list especially random missions and crew, and I did have a friend who bought the game, but the story felt too short and crashes too often for my tastes.

mk_sky 01-14-2012 11:02 AM

Is there any way to get this working on my german version?

Something like changing language from german to english ... ?

Goblin Wizard 01-14-2012 11:33 AM

Download full version. Install it. After installation copy all content of ..\DATA\LocData\English and paste into ..\DATA\LocData\German. That's all but whole game will be in English.

mk_sky 01-14-2012 11:38 AM

Thats what i already tried :D ... game crashes on startup :(

Goblin Wizard 01-14-2012 12:37 PM

Soo.. first let's try clear russian version. Download 4 parts and install them. The bast way to be sure that you do it right is to extract them to 4 different directories and then manually copy to the game directory. When you get prompted about overwritten you know you do it right.

1st option:
Then go to default.cfg and find line __localization_folder "German\". Change German to Russian. Try to start the game.

or
2nd option
<if you tried the 1st option remember to change back Russian to German in default.cfg>
copy all content from ..\DATA\LocData\Russian to ..\DATA\LocData\German. Try to start the game. This may looks the same like the method from my previous post but it's without my localization files so it makes a difference.

If it still crashes, please, post your logs. Do you have steam version? Do you have german patch installed?

mk_sky 01-14-2012 04:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Can't reach the russian site do download the russian version ... is it maybe (temporarily) down? ...

I tried both ways with the english one file mod on fresh german installation and with first and second patch too and i have no steam version of the game ... and it still crashes :(

The logfile is with the second patch on sw2 ... (i havent seen some difference between fresh installation and the patched versions in logfile)

Goblin Wizard 01-14-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mk_sky (Post 379683)
Can't reach the russian site do download the russian version ... is it maybe (temporarily) down? ...

Looks like it. If it won't come back in next 2-3 days I'll upload files somewhere else.

Your game crashes at the same moment as Lotrek's. Very strange. I'll try some different tests. Maybe I'll be able to duplicate your error and find out what's going on.

Lotrek 01-14-2012 05:46 PM

Sorry to hear it's not working for you but I am kinda glad I am not alone :)

Goblin Wizard 01-14-2012 06:14 PM

At last I was able to duplicate the error and I've found what's causing it. Unfortunately, it's StarForce copy protection system. The only solution I know is downloading a different "Star Wolves 2.exe" version from e.g. GameCopyWorld so it's up to you guys. With original exe my game crashes at the same moment as yours. After replacing this only one file all works nice and smooth.

mk_sky 01-14-2012 07:18 PM

Great ... works with the english exe from gamecopyworld ... tried the german before and with this exe it wont work :D

Lotrek 01-14-2012 08:47 PM

grrr, gamecopyworld just hangs when i try to dl from any of thier mirrors. Ill try later and let you know how it goes.

Lotrek 01-14-2012 11:36 PM

Horray!

Got it up and running. My game crashed at the same point that kokain_jtp dd but I used your save games and was able to proceed.

I am enjoying the "translations:".

Hot Plasma to you Star Wolves!

Lotrek 01-15-2012 10:43 AM

Game is kicking my patootie. MAybe I am doing something wrong but I am on the first mission that has combat , delivering the hammer and patroling the sector and the enemies are tearing me apart. I have taken out 3 alien patrols but when I go against the pirates, they tear me down in seconds.

In the first sector I bought a turret for my mothership and a laser for my pilot, that was all I had cash to afford. I really didd't see anything else for sale that would have been useful. Any hints on this Goblinwizard?

Goblin Wizard 01-15-2012 03:35 PM

:-) Yesss... the beginning is hard and tricky. I had the same problem when I tried the mod for the 1st couple of times. It depends on your tactic but my idea was to keep mothership as tank so I sold one of my fighters and some other unnecessary stuff, bought cheapest auto-repair system (~160K) for my ms and for the rest of cash (10-15K) best affordable fighter. Even basic turrets for your ms are costly at the beginning and with fresh pilots don't do much damage. To survive your first fights you need to regenerate your ms. IMO fighters are too fragile to serve as a tank.

Lotrek 01-15-2012 05:05 PM

OK spoiler alert I guess

Heres how I managed to get past this. I reloaded following your advice, I also changed motherships from the Ramada to the one you have in your first save for its extra durability, with one extra step. I made sure phantom had alien 2 tech learned and sold all the small autocannons on the fighters for extra cash for another turret.

That second sector goes a ton smoother being able to mount the alien tech, yes alien blaster autocannons are 10x better than the human ones, you pick up from the start. Even still I had to pause and think my tactics on each fight. So far I am loving this mod and it is just the begining. Thank you for bringing it over to us Goblinwizard!

mk_sky 01-16-2012 09:30 AM

I have problems with the ms with 7 turret slots ... the 3 turret slots (where you can mount it) in the line with the 2 system slots, i cant mount turrets here it. Says that the device (or how the standard message for this is) is not mountable to this slot ... could someone fix that?

PS: Has someone a workable link or can upload the IMDEditor pls?

Goblin Wizard 01-16-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mk_sky (Post 380465)
I have problems with the ms with 7 turret slots ... the 3 turret slots (where you can mount it) in the line with the 2 system slots, i cant mount turrets here it. Says that the device (or how the standard message for this is) is not mountable to this slot ... could someone fix that?

This forum has a very nice "search" feature you know ;). Check here.

But it won't help with your current game. Your ms parameters are saved along with many other things. Even if you fix it you have to start a new game to see changes (or buy the same ms again - just to get fixed version). Hmm..have you tried double-click instead of drag&drop method? It sometime works with ships that contain only minor bugs.

P.S. If someone get to the end of the demo, please, let me know. I'll need a saved game to test some things. Thanks in advance.

mk_sky 01-16-2012 11:39 AM

Sry just forget a minute that there is a sufu but thanks ... yes i already tried it with double-click (I always use this, if i dont replace modules).

Michael_Moon 01-16-2012 06:29 PM

The thing is that the mod was written for the Russian version of the game with using the Russian cured exe :)
The ones who still want to try the mode can try the following thing:
1. Download the "original" mod files from Starrover site (4 files)
2. Delete or rename the whole folder DATA in the original game
3. Unpack the folder Retrospedtion v.4 into game folder
4. Unpack Retro (Video) and Retro (Audio) into game_folder/DATA
5. Delete all *.loc files in direction game_folder/DATA/LocData/Russian and copy Goblin's translated files into that directory from game_folder/DATA/LocData/English.
6. I think you can use licenced exe or (if it crashes) better use the tablet.

7. Forget all the 6 points above, come to Starrover site and sign into beta-testers (I don't think there are too many people testing this mod now). There you will get the complete folder with the game and translation from Goblin Wizard :grin:

Lotrek 01-16-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mk_sky (Post 380465)

I assume you are attempting to mount lasers. If you look at the laser turrets it says they are only for corvettes. If you look at the machine gun turrets (Which I guarantee are mountable in those slots) they say they are for large ships, ie motherships.

I assume later on we will be able to buy corvettes, like the butcher, and this is just one of the changes the mod team made. I am finding alot of little things like needeing uranium to make a system jump, that they modded to make thier story fit thier vision.

Michael_Moon 01-17-2012 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lotrek (Post 380709)
I assume you are attempting to mount lasers. If you look at the laser turrets it says they are only for corvettes. If you look at the machine gun turrets (Which I guarantee are mountable in those slots) they say they are for large ships, ie motherships.

Some machine-gun turrets can be fitted only on corvettes and fighters as well.
Turrets that can be fitted on MS are:
1. flack turrets (only multi-barreled machine-guns) - against small, quick targets like fighters
2. BS turrets (kinetic, laser, plasma) - against big, thick and slow targets like BS's of different kinds.
Quote:

I assume later on we will be able to buy corvettes, like the butcher, and this is just one of the changes the mod team made.
No, you will not be able to buy corvettes. Only specialized "electronic support" fighters (we call them system-fighters) on which the corvette-turrets can be fitted.
Quote:

I am finding alot of little things like needeing uranium to make a system jump, that they modded to make thier story fit thier vision.
What about stations' interfaces? :)

Lotrek 01-18-2012 03:07 AM

oK I think I found a game breaking bug. I am at the point in the story where I have 2 active quests:

Shadows of the past

Return to Eritrea

In the second quest it states that all I need to do is enter Eritrea and Lekstel will give me further instructions. Thing is, I am in that sector with Lekstel in tow and nothing happens. I have tried flying around the eintre sector with him docked in the mothership as well as flying alongside the MS. I am aslo unable to dock at any station in the sector.

Really enjoying this mod but I am at a loss on what to do here, any clues?

Michael_Moon 01-18-2012 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lotrek (Post 381328)
In the second quest it states that all I need to do is enter Eritrea and Lekstel will give me further instructions. Thing is, I am in that sector with Lekstel in tow and nothing happens. I have tried flying around the eintre sector with him docked in the mothership as well as flying alongside the MS. I am aslo unable to dock at any station in the sector.

Really enjoying this mod but I am at a loss on what to do here, any clues?

It's almost the end of the Demo. If you didn't meet "Black Dog" bounty-team, then there must be a script bug somewhere.
You can stop the game for now - nothing really exciting will happen :)
I'm planning to upload the continuation for beta-testing in a month or two.
The whole story should cover 15 human sectors, 1 alien one and Precursor's labirinth (32 sectors).

Lotrek 01-18-2012 10:33 AM

ah ok, I figured with all the sectors on the map it would have been longer. I look forward to the continuation. Kinda stinks since I finally got decent guns for my ms and gen 2 fighters for my pilots lol.

Michael_Moon 01-18-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lotrek (Post 381406)
ah ok, I figured with all the sectors on the map it would have been longer. I look forward to the continuation. Kinda stinks since I finally got decent guns for my ms and gen 2 fighters for my pilots lol.

Didn't you visit black-market in Eritreya? :o

Lotrek 01-18-2012 09:18 PM

I picked up the black market perk but nothing was ever available in the black market tab on the trading stations. Are you saying there was a black market station?

Goblin Wizard 01-18-2012 09:29 PM

Shops are filled with stuff when you enter a sector so you have to have black market perk before you enter the sector with black market station.

Michael_Moon 01-19-2012 02:06 AM

Quote:

I picked up the black market perk but nothing was ever available in the black market tab on the trading stations. Are you saying there was a black market station?
I call it "black" because you cannot visit it freely like any ordinary trading station in Llanovar or Elinor.
Setico station in Eritreya opens its market when you take the quest from Naduy to smuggle a few conts of drugs to him. You also have a chance to get a good flack from that guy if the smuggling operation is successful. :)

Sing_In_Silence 01-24-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lotrek (Post 378193)

CALL STACK

CALL STACK

Ok this is the error message in the logfile, sorry for the wall of text. Why it is a sound error is beyond me though. I appreciate you taking the time to reupload.

Same here.

I understand you solved it?
I haven't yet had time to try messing with it, am going to d/l GW's data folder, see what that does for me.

=====

Mod (in Russian) loads properly, placeholder (i.e. missing) dialogue and some skill descriptions.
(.cfg is /English, so the missing text makes sense)

D/led GW's original translation, extract/overwrite into Data folder.
Game fails to launch.

As I said, haven't had time to fiddle with it yet.
Will update if anything relevant happens.

Sing_In_Silence 01-24-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lotrek (Post 378193)

CALL STACK

CALL STACK

Same here, though the last 4 bits of address aren't the same.

I understand you solved it?
How, plz? :p

I haven't yet had time to try messing with it, am going to d/l GW's data folder, see what that does for me.

Note:
Already using 'third party' .exe for stability (so as not to say usability).

=====

Mod (in Russian) loads properly, placeholder (i.e. missing) dialogue and some skill descriptions.
(.cfg is /English, so the missing text makes sense)

D/led GW's original translation, extract/overwrite into Data folder.
Game fails to launch.

As I said, haven't had time to fiddle with it yet.
Will update if anything relevant happens.

Lotrek 01-26-2012 10:19 PM

Well I followed all of Goblin Wizard's advice, look through the thread for all of it. The last piece that finally made it work is d/l the exe from gamecopyworld. I am using a STEAM version and the drm was not allowing me to modify the sound files, by using the third party exe I was able to bypass that.

I finished the mod as is, when they relase the next version I guess one of us should gather all the fixes sprinkled through this thread and post it in one message. It is worth going through the hassle, as it seems no one else really has the time or inclination to do a story based mod to help hold us over while we wait for ashes.

Michael_Moon 01-27-2012 02:09 AM

Quote:

It is worth going through the hassle, as it seems no one else really has the time or inclination to do a story based mod to help hold us over while we wait for ashes.
If I have time, mind and ability to finish this mod I promise it is going to be no less interesting than the very 1st part of the game :)

MaliceSW 02-06-2012 09:24 AM

Just wondering how this mod goes with the Steam version of the game?
I've found SW2 to be so incredibly buggy in any other format that it boardered on unplayable. But I love the series so much I'll give it a shot if anyone thinks it can be done?

Lotrek 02-16-2012 07:52 PM

I use the steam version. To make it work you have the d/l a new .exe since the steam version is loaded with interfering drm. If you go through the thread you'll see instructions.

Sing_In_Silence 02-23-2012 03:20 PM

Hmm.
I'll re-get it and try again, then.
Thanks. :)

Zekito 04-02-2012 02:50 PM

Great mod, worth playing star wolves 2 again. In Retrospection if u are skilled with missiles like Corsair and have good antimissile defence, then u are a God. Only thing left to do is find good homing missiles. I figured it out how to get enough uranium for portal jumps:I made a lot of money and experience in Eritrea while waiting for pirates to jump out of that portal in the top right corner of the map. 3 days i have been killing there and got lot of things to sell back in Lanovar. In a system where there is a trade station and a patrol station(or similar station) sell your uranium to trade station,go to patrol station(or any other which sells energy source or uranium) buy there uranium and go back to trade station and sell your new uranium again to trade station, but let it stay there. Then go again to patr. station to get uranium again and sell it to trade station. When u sell enough uranium to trade station(I made a stock of 30 pieces) buy all uranium back from trade station and for sometime u have enough for jumping through portals.

Grozny 04-06-2012 11:34 AM

So... don’t know if anybody wrote this yet (I’ve read trough the forum, but my memory is a bit non-existent):

GREAT MOD!

But a few minor things (I know it's a work in progress, but can't help. Captain obvious to the rescue!):

Some words in dialogues are not translated (maybe typos in original text), also Google translator doesn't know names of races, so it doesn't translate them.

In a mission, where you have to find a smuggler by going to six waypoints in correct order, the names on the map are in Russian. Wouldn't be that bad (mwahahaha, Slavic languages for the win), if I'd be better in your alphabet. Sadly, we use latinica.

Pieces of dialogue are missing, and sometimes a whole dialogue is in Russian (one of them being the one near the end of demo, where you get the Eritrea mission, the dialogue starts after entering a system or two before).

Someone really needs to translate this personally. Google translator is a real torture tool. Most obvious when you get a mission and just follow the pretty spotted line, 'cause the mission text makes almost no sense at all.

MS gets caught in stations landing field. Example: "Basic station"
On the same subject, MS sometimes can't dock at station, and you have to repeatedly click on it or guide it around the station and try to dock from a different angle.

Fighters in groups behave weirdly. Really weirdly. They stop attacking targets, most of the time just evading shots or flying in erratic pattern, and they also get confused while docking with MS. Maybe it’s some kind of path finding error while grouped.

I think that's more or less it. Notice the part about my memory.
Also

GREAT MOD!

With respect,
L

Goblin Wizard 04-07-2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grozny (Post 406280)
Someone really needs to translate this personally. Google translator is a real torture tool.

One of the reasons I've made this so called "localization" was that someone that knows Russian and English will be attracted enough to make a real translation. Unfortunately, still no luck. But don't worry. Mod grows and gets better constantly. I don't have much time to play lately but I'll surely make a new "localization" when the next demo will be ready.

Xen1138 09-09-2012 02:23 PM

Tried this mod, with the normal exe and the fixed, both results in the same CTD straight after launch. (both work fine with the original data folder in place).

So I ask, how did people get the steam version to work? I downloaded the link 1 version if that helps.

(now I have to remember how to fix the old steam ships not shooting bug again^^)

Michael_Moon 09-09-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xen1138 (Post 459563)
Tried this mod, with the normal exe and the fixed, both results in the same CTD straight after launch. (both work fine with the original data folder in place).

So I ask, how did people get the steam version to work? I downloaded the link 1 version if that helps.

Actually the mod should work with the license exe that was going with Patch 1.1 (if English version had that patch)

Xen1138 09-09-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael_Moon (Post 459580)
Actually the mod should work with the license exe that was going with Patch 1.1 (if English version had that patch)

Don't think there is an English patch. When I tried the Russian patched exe (not fixed (gcw servers down) starforce popped up and since I got the star wolves collection through steam, starforce won't verify.

I will try and install it all again with the Russian 1.1 patch when gcw gets its download servers sorted.

Oh well back to re-skinning sw3 ships...I found these forums 2 years too late it seems.

Michael_Moon 09-10-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xen1138 (Post 459606)
I will try and install it all again with the Russian 1.1 patch when gcw gets its download servers sorted.

If you're ok about Russian then you can try the Russian version without monkeying with Goblin's "localization" :)
The exe you're needed I can send you by email. It's only 4.5 mb.

Xen1138 09-10-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael_Moon (Post 459786)
If you're ok about Russian then you can try the Russian version without monkeying with Goblin's "localization" :)
The exe you're needed I can send you by email. It's only 4.5 mb.

Nah, I'd need the localization, can't read a word of Russian :)

Got the exe, I will muck about with it all later, need to do a backup of all my modded files^^.

Szpaku 09-17-2012 06:28 PM

Quests

SPOILERS

Anybody knows what i have to do to get the hammer online?
Also how to get those Alien Patrols out??? when i attack hem they end up killing me xD

SPOILERS

Michael_Moon 10-12-2012 04:06 PM

Addon "Retrospection" is being transferred to SW:CW engine.

kokain_jtp 10-12-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael_Moon (Post 468789)
Addon "Retrospection" is being transferred to SW:CW engine.

Nice... new bugs :)) at least we got soemthing new

Michael_Moon 10-12-2012 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kokain_jtp (Post 468849)
Nice... new bugs :)) at least we got soemthing new

I doubt you played old bugs, man ;) :)
On the other hand locallization must be easier on CW.

kokain_jtp 10-13-2012 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael_Moon (Post 468862)
I doubt you played old bugs, man ;) :)
On the other hand locallization must be easier on CW.

:rolleyes: When will be the mod ready for SW3:CW?

Michael_Moon 10-13-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kokain_jtp (Post 469012)
:rolleyes: When will be the mod ready for SW3:CW?

My partner is busy about it now. He is quite succeful but it'll take at least a month. And then I'll have to put in some additions to the game.

Zekito 11-03-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael_Moon (Post 469040)
My partner is busy about it now. He is quite succeful but it'll take at least a month. And then I'll have to put in some additions to the game.

Looking forward to see this mod in SW3 engine. Keep up the good work friends!

Michael_Moon 11-03-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zekito (Post 476981)

Thank you!

Lotrek 11-08-2012 07:02 PM

I'd like to ditto that. Keep up the good work MM and thank you for the time and effort in breathing some life into the franchise.

kokain_jtp 11-12-2012 02:18 PM

I've found something about two mods for sw2 , one of them is called "Orion" and i saw new stuff... lots of new ships...guns...missiles... Anyone knows anything about it? Is there an english version?

Michael_Moon 11-12-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kokain_jtp (Post 480366)
I've found something about two mods for sw2 , one of them is called "Orion" and i saw new stuff... lots of new ships...guns...missiles... Anyone knows anything about it? Is there an english version?

Pure Russian. Made by StarRoverTeam as well :)

kokain_jtp 11-13-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael_Moon (Post 480454)
Pure Russian. Made by StarRoverTeam as well :)

Any chance to see that mode in english in the next months? is better than retrospection?

Michael_Moon 11-14-2012 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kokain_jtp (Post 480763)
Any chance to see that mode in english in the next months? is better than retrospection?

100% - no :)

Nanaki 11-18-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zekito (Post 476981)

I have been rather suprised at all the sudden interest in Star Wolves lately... I even had someone approaching me asking me about it. A pity that Ashes of Victory never panned out, though, I was looking forward to playing it.

Zoltan 11-20-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nanaki (Post 482243)
I have been rather suprised at all the sudden interest in Star Wolves lately... I even had someone approaching me asking me about it. A pity that Ashes of Victory never panned out, though, I was looking forward to playing it.

Me as well :(

Zekito 11-28-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nanaki (Post 482243)

I am currently playing two games only, one is Third Age Total War, a mod for Medieval 2 Total War, and Star Wolves 3 + all its mods.

I even installed SW 2 just to play Retrospection, and it`s a great mod, but has some graphics problems or lags. I think it might be my SW 2 boxed version, I had to go to GameCopyWorld for another SW2.exe just to start it after installing Retrospection.

I really wanna see Retrospection in SW 3 engine, that would occupy my whole next period of gameplaying ( hoping that the guys will finish it ofcourse). :grin:

Lotrek 12-28-2012 12:30 PM

Michael Moon,

It's been 2 months since your last word on porting this to sw3. Just curious at what stage you are on that.

Thanks for the hard work
ME

Michael_Moon 01-01-2013 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lotrek (Post 490425)
Michael Moon,

It's been 2 months since your last word on porting this to sw3. Just curious at what stage you are on that.

Thanks for the hard work
ME

Hi everybody!
Unfortunately my partner who is responcible for porting the game is currently ill now. He promised to do everything as soon as he recovers.

Zekito 01-01-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael_Moon (Post 491137)
Hi everybody!
Unfortunately my partner who is responcible for porting the game is currently ill now. He promised to do everything as soon as he recovers.

May your friend gets better as soon as possible. :)

And Happy New Year to you all! :D

Michael_Moon 01-01-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zekito (Post 491170)
May your friend gets better as soon as possible. :)

If it is a question then you'd better asked him at StarRover-forum. We have a special branch over there for English-speaking users.
Quote:

And Happy New Year to you all! :D
Thank you!!!