Official Fulqrum Publishing forum

Official Fulqrum Publishing forum (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/index.php)
-   King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=206)
-   -   EXPENSIVE v1.2 - New challenging mod for WoTN-Ice and Fire (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=230312)

Sirlancelot 05-09-2019 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raknefne (Post 719291)
Oh Sirlancelot are u having a break from Trent hehe.... Only Crossworld has this retal skill. It makes units be like Griffens, pretty strong... I don't think I can play skald in Wotn, I get too focused on developing the song medal (bonus in x rounds with song). A bit annoying. I guess most use the song that gives gold against undead. Used a lot in vanilla. Song could be modded for balance too .... What difficulty do u play?

Hehe, a break, yes. The game became a bit boring with the Ogre set. Almost all battles were cakewalk, and I used Call Phoenix + Archmage Magic Shield + Stone Skin 90% of the time.

Hard, this is my first time playing WotN. :)

raknefne 05-10-2019 07:11 PM

Bug with TRAP spell:

I have level 1 trap with level 2 medal, which gives 150-220 Damage or so with 5 Intellect as Mage. But enemy get poisoned by the level 1 trap, also the trap does same damage as level 2 trap (which I haven't developed yet). I tested with 3 enemies.

They game is a catwalk so far, as level 4-5 on Nordlig. The extra enemy stack on Hard compared with vanilla, I think will be seen a lot more later in game. Also when Freedom Islands are removed, so it is probably balanced, with easy at start but harder later. That's my first impression. I also noticed that Potions cost 3k and not 500 now... Gold is not a problem at all so far with the army of Soothsayer, Warrior Maiden, Jarl, Axe Thrower and Mistique... Did you reduce the gold from chests etc too? It looks low, but can't remember the amount from vanilla Wotn (low compared to Debir in Crossworld).

Sirlancelot 05-11-2019 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raknefne (Post 719277)
It is strange 1c haven't worked more on balance spells in later releases

Heh, I think is simply because not enough people complain. I'm 99% sure Katauri did playtesting enough to know for certain which spells were OP or UP. It's just they didn't find necessary to put more time and effort on balance them.

It's the same with the AI. People nowadays are still mostly obssesed with graphics. It's about time to react and change priorities, though.

jorko80 05-11-2019 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raknefne (Post 719298)
Bug with TRAP spell:

I have level 1 trap with level 2 medal, which gives 150-220 Damage or so with 5 Intellect as Mage. But enemy get poisoned by the level 1 trap, also the trap does same damage as level 2 trap (which I haven't developed yet). I tested with 3 enemies.

They game is a catwalk so far, as level 4-5 on Nordlig. The extra enemy stack on Hard compared with vanilla, I think will be seen a lot more later in game. Also when Freedom Islands are removed, so it is probably balanced, with easy at start but harder later. That's my first impression. I also noticed that Potions cost 3k and not 500 now... Gold is not a problem at all so far with the army of Soothsayer, Warrior Maiden, Jarl, Axe Thrower and Mistique... Did you reduce the gold from chests etc too? It looks low, but can't remember the amount from vanilla Wotn (low compared to Debir in Crossworld).

I know about the trap. The medal traps make more damage and start poisoning on medal level2. I don't know why is that, but it's ok anyway. On impossible I have money problems starting on the 1st island :) . The gold from chests is also reduced. I never tried the game on hard and I don't know how it feels about the gold, but still I think it should be around 2 times more then on impossible. I think it'll be challenging even on hard later when you try buying some level 5 creatures ,spells and artifacts.

raknefne 05-12-2019 04:36 PM

Yes I can imagine game will be harder later, that's what my post also was about. Easy or easier first but harder later, that's the perfect balance. Saving money for later... Is level 4 vikings more expensive than vanilla? Paid 1400 gold or so for one.

jorko80 05-13-2019 02:58 PM

Vikings prices are not changed. But you should get way less money from fighting and it feels expensive.

Sirlancelot 05-17-2019 08:53 PM

Hmm, for the first time on ages, I have money shortage. Am I supposed to recruit Marauders or the like? I see they're offered for free at several places... I'm not very fond of them, though. They're not that good. :neutral:

jorko80 05-18-2019 04:30 PM

Glad to hear it :P . You'll figure it out.
P.S. I don't remember free Marauders. Which island?

Sirlancelot 05-19-2019 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorko80 (Post 719331)
P.S. I don't remember free Marauders. Which island?

Istering.

raknefne 05-19-2019 04:03 PM

I suppose u mean some free stacks u have found? The free ones are random in vanilla. In other games it could be assassin's, witch hunters etc. I recall some in istering two places: in cave and also at surface. Don't think there are much landscape changes in mod more balance of things.