Official Fulqrum Publishing forum

Official Fulqrum Publishing forum (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/index.php)
-   IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=189)
-   -   New inteview on BOB SOW from Oleg Dec 29,2010 (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=17867)

nearmiss 12-31-2010 04:38 AM

The part in the article about the AI should excite all Offline players.

AI performance is critical to offline play, and has been a very weak part of the IL2.

Oleg has been paying attention to his users.

AKA_Tenn 12-31-2010 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sven (Post 208047)
"As I said, the game will immediately support the steam. This condition of the publisher."

Not entirely sure thanks to google's translation here, but does this mean they already have a publisher?

not sure but i think he means it'll be available for digital download on steam, but if no publisher decides to make a box version then we don't get a box version.

Wutz 12-31-2010 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKA_Tenn (Post 208337)
not sure but i think he means it'll be available for digital download on steam, but if no publisher decides to make a box version then we don't get a box version.

Ups no box version......no money from me.....been ripped off too often with download versions.

Peffi 12-31-2010 11:46 AM

If I can download it, burn it to a DVD and download the coverpicture, then it's ok. Making a boxed version will make the game more expensive or reduce profits.

Hecke 12-31-2010 11:50 AM

only 0815 games come without boxed versions.

swiss 12-31-2010 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peffi (Post 208344)
Making a boxed version will make the game more expensive or reduce profits.

Two versions will have different prices, you want a boxed version - you'll have to pay more.
That's normal and was always like that.
I have no problem paying $30(or whatever they ask) more for for a hardcopy - I want to own the game physically on a DVD, everything else is not an option.

Oleg just said they will make it available on Steam too - otherwise they wouldn't really need a publisher to begin with. ;)

addman 12-31-2010 12:17 PM

Nothing said about there being no boxed version, re-read it and you will find that that it says that SoW will be on steam as a condition made by the publisher. Many games -if not a majority- are released on steam AND boxed nowadays. Keep cool, keep cool:cool:

1.JaVA_Sharp 12-31-2010 12:21 PM

that makes me wonder.. 1c also has a steam shop of their own.....

He111 12-31-2010 12:23 PM

good interview.

"Quality on PCs" is what it's all about. I'll pay big for quality but won't pay cheap for junk. i suspect most IL2 fanatics are similar. I'll even buy a new desktop for it! :grin:

My Pc plans for the next few years are a beastie Desktop soon and a powerful PC tablet within a few years. Hope that fits into your views of the future PC market? :grin:

Ps, I've had no problems with steam but prefer a CD as backup.

addman 12-31-2010 12:28 PM

I like Steam, I really do. Like right now they have some great sales going, bought Alien vs Predator for 4,99€ for example. One thing that ticks me off though is the missconception that Steam is cheaper then retail games. That might be true on many smaller budget games/indie games but take a look at CoD: Black Ops for example, 59,99€!!!! that's nuts since I can walk down to a local retailer or order it from an online retailer and get the boxed version for almost 10€ less so no, downloadable games are not always cheaper and many times it's the other way around.