Official Fulqrum Publishing forum

Official Fulqrum Publishing forum (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/index.php)
-   Technical problems and solutions (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=183)
-   -   Patch 1.3.1 eng "unkonwn error" (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=18195)

Queen Hera 09-25-2011 09:10 AM

So....is there a fix to the "Unknown error" problem when you install the 1.3.1. patch. Seems this question has not been answered. :!:

Twinfire 01-17-2012 01:14 AM

Patch 1.3.1 Unknown Error - What I did to fix

Hi All!

I also received this error on several attempts. Before I discovered a fix, the patch exec file (kbcw.patch.1.3.1.eng) did not ask me to specify a location for the install.

What I did to finally get it to work:

1) I had two (2) installations of Armored Princess. One standalone, and one with Crossworlds.

2) I uninstalled the standalone Armored Pincess (NOT the Crossworlds version).

3) When I tried the patch exec, it now asks me to specify a location to install. I selected my install path, and ouila! this time the patch took.

For whatever it may be worth, if you have more than one version of Armored Princess somewhere on your pc, especially a stand alone version, it seems to be the case that the patch exec can't handle that scenario.

I didn't have to uninstall Crossworlds and thereby lose an activation. My standalone Armored Princess did not require activation.

TF

BB Shockwave 12-27-2014 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twinfire (Post 380803)
Hi All!

I also received this error on several attempts. Before I discovered a fix, the patch exec file (kbcw.patch.1.3.1.eng) did not ask me to specify a location for the install.

What I did to finally get it to work:

1) I had two (2) installations of Armored Princess. One standalone, and one with Crossworlds.

2) I uninstalled the standalone Armored Pincess (NOT the Crossworlds version).

3) When I tried the patch exec, it now asks me to specify a location to install. I selected my install path, and ouila! this time the patch took.

For whatever it may be worth, if you have more than one version of Armored Princess somewhere on your pc, especially a stand alone version, it seems to be the case that the patch exec can't handle that scenario.

I didn't have to uninstall Crossworlds and thereby lose an activation. My standalone Armored Princess did not require activation.

TF

This doesn't work for me. I only have Crossworlds installed, retail GOTY version, and yet I always get this bloody Unknown Error. Is the Support of 1C this bad they don't even respond to legitimate issues? Now I will be forced to download a pirated copy of a game I own legaly... because playing without the patch is no fun with a demon/mage build (where Dragon of Chaos costs 60 mana...)