Official Fulqrum Publishing forum

Official Fulqrum Publishing forum (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/index.php)
-   Daidalos Team discussions (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   4.13.2 de-bugging (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=229299)

Tolwyn 06-19-2015 09:26 PM

Perhaps it's a TRAIN RELEASE BUG?

1 Attachment(s)
In COOP MODE.

Player1 (Server) and Bombardier
Player2 Pilot

It was suggested to me that the 4.11m conf.ini command UseSmartAxis=1 (found under RTS) be set to 1.

So, ensure that this is set to 1.
Originally this was for split throttles only, but maybe this has changed.

Anyways.

In COOP bombing, we seem to be making SOME progress, althought it's 75/25 success to failure. I was able to control the bomber.

I also need explicit confirmation by TD: The BOMBER commands C1 Autopilot (Course Autopilot), NOT the pilot, correct?

I've had mixed results with commands being mis-matched or not passed to the bombardier if the PILOT commands Course Autopilot. But I have had GREAT success if the bombardier commands it.

Anyways.

I would like to suggest the following as grounds for further testing:

Let's assume the B24 in this test.
Let's assume a loadout of 8 bombs or more
Let's assume the bombardier has configured the sight correctly for TAS/Altitude/etc.
I'm encountering a consistent issue when using TRAIN MODE when bombs are less the full bomb amount (2 bombs, 3, 4, etc.).

So... with 16 bombs.
Let's assume I set TRAIN mode but I have two targets to destroy.
In the first run, I want to release 8 in TRAIN mode, 500ms each.

And the second run, I want to release the balance of my bomb load.

Here's what happens every time:

the first set release as expected.

THEN

The second set just release without being commanded.
They just drop out of the aircraft.
At first I thought this was just a problem with the 16x20 Fragmentation Bombs (see this thread). But I continued to encounter this bug with other bombloads.

THIS ONLY HAPPENS IN COOP MODE.

Here's some tracks, and I guess you have to take my word for it that each time the second TRAIN of bombs drop, NO ONE is touching ANYTHING.

So maybe it's a train release mode bug in COOP?

Music 06-22-2015 05:57 AM

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but if you chose the second third, ect plane in the flight in QMB, and you don't have a plane in that place, you will get the "Horizion" Would think it would reset when less planes in flight, It won't let you chose a plane that's not there.

Just my fifteen minutes of terror there for ya. Great job so far.

Also, the new icons, maybe we don't need to see the enemies throttle, that's too easy, and maybe a second selector, so it can run those icons with out the Pk cartoon bubbles, I would like to keep the arrows though.

Happy Hunting ~S~

DuxCorvan 06-23-2015 10:54 PM

Italian decals are still not visible in CR.42 (except for those included with the default skin).

Baddington_VA 06-24-2015 12:04 AM

Target altitude above sea level?

Was the ability to see the target altitude on the map included in this release?
:confused:
I haven't been able to see any altitude or find any setting to enable it in the .mis files

Marabekm 06-24-2015 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baddington_VA (Post 710189)
Was the ability to see the target altitude on the map included in this release?
:confused:
I haven't been able to see any altitude or find any setting to enable it in the .mis files

Yes but only if you have your waypoint path enabled on your mini map. In flight pull up your mini map. Go to target waypoint and zoom in. You should see TrgH or something like that. Note that it is in meters so don't forget to convert to feet if you need to.
Now I don't think it works with just putting a target icon over something. You have to have waypoints and a set target. So won't work on dogfight servers I don't think.

Baddington_VA 06-24-2015 05:21 AM

Me 323 problem

Stationary aircraft / Me 323 floats above ground with a nose down attitude.
I tried to get a screenshot, but just ended up with a file that wont open.:???:

Quote:

Yes but only if you have your waypoint path enabled on your mini map. In flight pull up your mini map. Go to target waypoint and zoom in. You should see TrgH or something like that. Note that it is in meters so don't forget to convert to feet if you need to.
Now I don't think it works with just putting a target icon over something. You have to have waypoints and a set target. So won't work on dogfight servers I don't think.
Thanks, I've been trying to find the altitude in multiplayer mode.

Fall_Pink? 06-24-2015 12:58 PM

An old AI error seems to be back. A fighter that carries X4 missiles and is on auto pilot, behaves like a bomber. It avoids fights and just carries on.

robday 06-24-2015 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuxCorvan (Post 710187)
Italian decals are still not visible in CR.42 (except for those included with the default skin).

The "Wellington B.Mk III" has no fuselage side markings (roundels or sqdn. codes). This has been so since it's initial inclusion in 4.12.

stugumby 06-24-2015 09:38 PM

No fuse settings for Italian bombs?

Was just converting some missions to 413 and found my Italian planes bomb fuse settings are all instant, except cr-42 when equipped with German sc 50 and 70 bombs. is this a new feature/bug or something old ive always missed??

Baddington_VA 06-25-2015 12:05 AM

Quote:

Was just converting some missions to 413 and found my Italian planes bomb fuse settings are all instant, except cr-42 when equipped with German sc 50 and 70 bombs. is this a new feature/bug or something old ive always missed??
The CR42 in 4122 had only instant with the 50 and 100 kg Italian bombs, with fuses up to 0.3 seconds.
The SM79 in 4122 had instant or low level with fuses up to 60 seconds.

Update
Interesting to find on two 4.122 missions the SM79 has the same available load out, but one mission only allows Instant fuses up to 0.3 and the other Instant and low level fuses up to 60 seconds.
Could it be the date at which the mission is set? Or the originating version of IL2?