Official Fulqrum Publishing forum

Official Fulqrum Publishing forum (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/index.php)
-   IL-2 Sturmovik (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   IL2 and Sound Modding (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=2300)

LEXX 01-01-2008 03:26 PM

Bear::
Quote:

If I am not mistaken I believe this engine started out as a space sim....
Wow!

ElAurens 01-01-2008 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 33078)
Personally although there are issues with this sim I would still rather see the FMs either totally locked or decided by one source... rather than a hodgepodge of diffeeing FMs for differing planes based on what people think is right. But hey.. thats me.

+1

Baron 01-01-2008 05:35 PM

If it was only the soundmod (sounds) i wouldnt have any problems with this situation whatsoever. If it was done in a way where the code didnt have to be illigaly cracked i wouldnt have any problems with it.

Sadly this brings along a bunch of other bs that are totaly unexepteble. Everybody knows that the new mods are done by people based on a feeling on how it should be. So maby the Italian guns are way to weak, but the modder has no way of knowing how it really should be...if they are infact to weak to begin with, who knows?

As for 6Dof? Well, 4Dof or 6Dof makes no differanse to me, anybody can bye a Trackir (As long as it works like Leitmotiv says, no gaping holes and such)

Its all the other crap that makes cheating to easy that irretates me. The cheats that pretty much cant be detected even if u had a track of the offender.

Sound in the end doesnt hurt anybody in that sence, same with 6Dof...kind of like improving what we allredy have ingame.

Personally though, i still have a problem with the starter of all this (sound) was done illigaly against Olegs wishes. (or maby sounds where done after BECAUSE the code was cracked, i dont know really. )

X 01-01-2008 06:10 PM

I am a little weary of the constant refrain that the mods have zotzed the sim forever for online. How can the the people who enjoy "Med Air War" and "Over Flanders Fields" play online if their massively modded items can't exclude non-regulation mods from servers? As I understand from the MAW forum, anybody trying to play with unofficial mods on their MAW program gets automatically plinked by the server, and they warn people to keep their personal copies of MAW with their own fixes separate from their online version. I am getting the impression the onliners are simply taking their marbles out of the game because they lost on the mod matter. Oleg left so many things undone which were not difficult fixes (as we now know): mirror for the frasting Hellcat, getting rid of the obnoxious nav lights on the AI so that night air battles can occur, 6 DOF (the doing of which proved possible despite countless official claims to the contrary), and on and on. I cannot help but wonder if Oleg was conducting a Darwinian intelligence test: are you going to be a dunce and passively accept you will never have what this sim needs, or are you going to pass the intelligence test and fix the sim yourself? I find his silence on the matter fascinating.

RaVe 01-01-2008 06:13 PM

4.09 hacked AAA forum Censership in action

In response to there new post..>> http://allaircraftarcade.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1946

I replied and was ban

"Great job ...
The sad thing is most all(NOT ALL) of you are arcade flying noobs. You don't know better.

This isn't counter strike, or half life, or rainbow 6 they all are for 11 year old kids now due to mod fools support.

Are you trying for improving on the Sim? Or to feed your ego and make $ ...
by letting the cat out of the bag.
you have opened Pandora's box.......

You have trashed this Sim ."

I got ban for that.. Censorship again

JG52Uther 01-01-2008 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baron (Post 33091)
If it was only the soundmod (sounds) i wouldnt have any problems with this situation whatsoever. If it was done in a way where the code didnt have to be illigaly cracked i wouldnt have any problems with it.

Sadly this brings along a bunch of other bs that are totaly unexepteble. Everybody knows that the new mods are done by people based on a feeling on how it should be. So maby the Italian guns are way to weak, but the modder has no way of knowing how it really should be...if they are infact to weak to begin with, who knows?

As for 6Dof? Well, 4Dof or 6Dof makes no differanse to me, anybody can bye a Trackir (As long as it works like Leitmotiv says, no gaping holes and such)

Its all the other crap that makes cheating to easy that irretates me. The cheats that pretty much cant be detected even if u had a track of the offender.

Sound in the end doesnt hurt anybody in that sence, same with 6Dof...kind of like improving what we allredy have ingame.

Personally though, i still have a problem with the starter of all this (sound) was done illigaly against Olegs wishes. (or maby sounds where done after BECAUSE the code was cracked, i dont know really. )

Funny really,I consider the 6dof mod as just about the biggest cheat out there,for closed pit servers.And the one mod you are most likely to run in to online (over 30,000 views on that mod!)
You might see the odd fm/dm/wm cheat,but there could potentially be huge numbers using the 6dof mod.As well as fm/dm/wm mods, its the one major mod I will not go near for online flying,yet its the one mod that quite a few 'anti modders' seem to like!

JG52Uther 01-01-2008 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaVe (Post 33097)
In response to there new post..>> http://allaircraftarcade.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1946

I replied and was ban

"Great job ...
The sad thing is most all(NOT ALL) of you are arcade flying noobs. You don't know better.

This isn't counter strike, or half life, or rainbow 6 they all are for 11 year old kids now due to mod fools support.

Are you trying for improving on the Sim? Or to feed your ego and make $ ...
by letting the cat out of the bag.
you have opened Pandora's box.......

You have trashed this Sim ."

I got ban for that.. Censorship again

LMFAO you sound surprised you got a ban for posting that? Are you trying for a new record,first banned at ubi,now AAA,where next?

LEXX 01-01-2008 07:14 PM

Uther the irony in that is Awsum!

"11 year old" gamer behavior should be banned, as it should be banned in all teh servers.

X::
Quote:

I am getting the impression the onliners are simply taking their marbles out of the game because they lost on the mod matter.
How? A growing number of Onliners are sharing the winnings with Offliners, beginning to mod up their marbles. If you mean the mods are destabilizing the entire old FB/PF community, just like the gasoline engine destabilized the entire horse and buggy world, well yes. New and Used horse/buggy salesmen preached "the end of the world is near!"

Perhaps MAW or whatever has a mature Online community...less numbers maybe...dunno. As TargetWare grows very slowly, it has been seeing some hostile Online gamer behavior. We observed greater acceptance of the new modding at the simhq, which is, as even Oleg found out, in general a more mature Online simming community than we have seen at the ubi.

Bearcat 01-01-2008 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baron (Post 33091)

I am sure that most of the people who are opposed to the modding feel the same way.. just as I am certain that most of the modders just want to make the sim better. It is the potential for cheating and the actions of a few that has so many up in arms. Considering that this community is more than 50% over 30... perhaps we will see some different things going on in this case than with previous cases of moddable sims. IMO the ideal situation would result in a fix coming from the community that would be fool proof. I really think that considering the work of MattM, Lowengren,UberD,CS and all the other guys who created some of the GREAT utilities for this sim surely someone or some group can come up with a solution that will:

1-Secure online play from modifications to FMs, DMs and weapons

Since this is the main concern of 90+% of the anti modders... I am certain that if these mods had been released in a fashion that would have rendered the FMs, DMs & weps unalterable most of the conflict would be nonexistent.

2-Allow the use of some of the other mods.

From where I sit, since the integrity of online play is the primary concern of so many, if a way could be found to allow some of he mods and yet maintain that integrity both camps would be satisfied. These mods are here.. and IMO any solution that does NOT take that into consideration will only invite hacking of the solution. The best solution considering that A)Oleg has already stated that support for IL2 will discontinue after 4.09. and B)There is .. already in place an able and willing mechanism for continued support, irregardless to how that community was formed.... is if whatever solution was created allowed for the use of some of the mods that are already here.

3-Be scalable.. in the sense that it will have at least 3 levels of security with those levels being A)Stock IL2 only. No mods of any kind at all. B)Allow the use of mods as long as they do not alter the FMs/DMs/Weps , C)Alloow the use of any mod regardless.

If the solution does those things I think it will go a long way towards keeping everyone happy and insuring that modded or not this sim goes down as the best WWII combat flight sim ever created.

Raven while I understand how you feel whatever credibility your argument may have had was rendered DOA by your post and this intro
Quote:

Great job idiots
Not to mention the content...
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=FA=-Raven
great job the sad thing is most all of you are arcade flying noobs.
so you dont know better.
this isnt counter strike or half life.
you have trashed this sim you fools

This has to stop. This does absolutely nothing to create a solution. We all need to take this level of acrimony from both sides and stow it because it changes absolutely nothing. The problem has been hashed rehashed and has not nor will it change. If any of the folks from either side who say with their mouths that the care about this sim then they need to get off the dead end trip and get on a solution mindset because as I have sauid from day one.. the modders arent going anywhere.. and unless some form of secure online play can be regained the nomodders wont be budging either. The ONLY solution is a fix.. so concentrate on that.. in the meantime rehyashing the problem is childish, pointless, stupid and totally useless.

thegoodguy88 01-01-2008 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 33044)
Oh pffft!! Go pi$$ on an electric fence why don't you.

I will hang out where I want to.. It is really none of your business. I don't like to shoot from the lip without any facts so I frequent those boards often... thats how I can say all the things that I have said in this thread with conviction. Each and every statement. I would rather go there and see what is going on myself than get it from hearsay. As I have said several times in multiple threads across multiple forums, and I am not one to hide under a pseudonym like some sneak thief skulking around in the dark either, some of those mods DO sound pretty nice. To deny that is to be just plain blind, however as I have also said many many times I have not DLd any of them yet, for reasons already stated, so I don't know how they are. You need to read the entire thread before you pop in here and latch on to a post of mine earlier in the thread. Everyone in here and at UBI who has been following this whole thing knows that I have visited that site and do so fairly regularly. I have even suggested mods for them. No big deal..... Read all 99 pages of this thread before you decide to shoot off at the mouth.

So how do you like the soundmod? Don't lie.