PDA

View Full Version : Detailed description of several ingame trucks

Nike-it
09-22-2009, 11:30 AM
New update at official site presents a very interesting article with detailed description of several ingame trucks, produced by Freightliner, Sterling and Western Star.
You will find the article here (http://rignroll.com/index.php?type=press_id&publ_id=531).

nicknackpaddywack
09-22-2009, 12:51 PM
In this picture there is a switch on the side of the transmission stick, is this useable?
this is the only image where ive seen a split or range change switch?

http://www.rignroll.com/index.php?type=image&image_id=2514&fn=i/20.JPG

Nike-it
09-22-2009, 01:25 PM
This swith is only part of design and won't be usable in the game. The question about gears was already discussed.

evh5150vanhalen
09-22-2009, 02:07 PM
i'm sorry but that interior is wrong,theres too much space between the far left set of gauges and the end of the dash,the stereo is in the wrong place, on a western star they are over head in the console not on the dash like this
http://www.truckpaper.com/images/Truck/fullsize/74873521.jpg
http://www.truckpaper.com/images/Truck/fullsize/74873519.jpg
and your still missing the ridge on the top of the hood
http://www.coopskw.com/cm/cmimages/Bodyshop%20Images/ws_hood.jpg
for a game that has been in development this long there should be not so many errors on the vehicle models

Freak Of Nature
09-22-2009, 02:30 PM
Great news thanks.

Whiskey
09-22-2009, 02:39 PM
The driver’s information system is now fully compatible with a DLU (Data Logging Unit), allowing it to receive and позволяя получать и record all malfunction notifications.

somebody lazy translated the article ;)

pook
09-22-2009, 02:40 PM
Omg. The more information, the more I think that this will flop. Tucks gear 6> lol, modeled poorly, physics> arcade paranormal ... ect. Sry. Truck sim lol.....crap. Where is Volvo, where is Internacional...........??? What makes sense to introduce the vehicles in the preview and others vehicles no? Chaos, mess, failure, ......

But thanks for the information !!!!!! Now I know that I do not want to play ....

nicknackpaddywack
09-22-2009, 06:11 PM
the only thing that will let this game down is the lack of realism with gears etc probably, im willing to wait and see and hopefully a future patch will improve anything that needs improving :)

pook
09-22-2009, 07:00 PM
Hmm. I do not believe too. I wished Trucking "live for speed" physics. I'm just sorry waste of time to wait for 6 years RNR, and in the finals I find that this was not what I expected. Patch It may come up in 10 years ..... this is normal racing game, except that the vehicles look like Trucks. Nothing more...

nicknackpaddywack
09-22-2009, 09:32 PM
i dont like the sound of being timed for deliverys, i was hoping it was more like 18wos where u have as much time as you want to deliver, hopefully a trainer will be released by the cheat community to "stop time"

Nike-it
09-23-2009, 07:14 AM
somebody lazy translated the article ;)

Thanks for info, now fixed;)

obsolum
09-23-2009, 07:37 AM
Omg. The more information, the more I think that this will flop. Tucks gear 6> lol, modeled poorly, physics> arcade paranormal ... ect. Sry. Truck sim lol.....crap. Where is Volvo, where is Internacional...........??? What makes sense to introduce the vehicles in the preview and others vehicles no? Chaos, mess, failure, ......

But thanks for the information !!!!!! Now I know that I do not want to play ....
I'm afraid I have to agree with you. I've been looking forward to this game for a long time (though not so long as some) and really believed that it was going to be a decent SIM, but the more we see of the game the more it appears to be just another arcade truck GAME. I'm not interested in playing a trucking GAME. I want a trucking SIM.

The fact that all trucks will only have 6 gears is a huge let down. Sure, a lot of trucks in real life have only 6 gears, but I'm sure most of the trucks that are in the game have more gears than that. And it would be so much fun to be able to use high & low range gears, by assigning a button!

What about clutch support? Has that been confirmed? 'Cause if there isn't going to be clutch support then I can forget about this game right away, it's garbage.

Another thing I'm wondering is what the gearshifting will be like. Will it be realistic - ie. it takes 1 to 2 seconds to engage the next gear; the driver lifts off the gas, engages the clutch, changes the gear, releases clutch, gets back on the gas, etc - or will it be instantaneous like it is in the 18WoS series? The trucks in those games shift faster than a F1 car, which totally ruins the effect of driving a truck.

i dont like the sound of being timed for deliverys, i was hoping it was more like 18wos where u have as much time as you want to deliver, hopefully a trainer will be released by the cheat community to "stop time"
That's another thing I'm disappointed about. Okay, you can argue that in real life you usually have to deliver your cargo within a certain period of time, but it's not like you don't get paid at all if you deliver 1 minute too late, which will probably be the case in the game.

I gotta say, with the way things are looking at the moment, I'm definitely not gonna go out and buy the game when it comes out. I just don't think it will be worth it.

I think I'll just have to go look for something else. Wasn't there another trucking sim being developed somewhere? Called Headlight or something? Maybe that will be a proper sim... one can only hope.

pook
09-23-2009, 08:49 AM
obsolum:
We are not alone. These are not just my personal reaction. I am part of a Czech community and this is the feeling expressed throughout this community. The whole community wants fans orthodox simulation alá "live for Trucking ".... We are tired of stupid games from SCS ......
I see the only chance of the game. Modifiability. I believe the community to remedy the error, because patches from developers expect to SoftLab, they can be bad again ....

Note: What does the indicator head lights on the remote screenshot??

http://62.152.60.202:7500/dev2/0/000/596/0000596219.fid

' "REAR" " head lights??: D lol. This is an internationalist symbol to be inverted! Or in Russia is the other way round?: D (((maintenance schedule is always registered as the left side of the vehicle !!!)))

explanation: http://www.autoskola-miltner.cz/img/nahledy/48e49f2e8a099-99-69.jpg

Whiskey
09-23-2009, 03:46 PM
obsolum, the clutch is confirmed, plus if you use a G25 you can take the time you want to change gear :rolleyes:

movo.
09-23-2009, 04:27 PM
Did Softlab ever say it will be a sim? I guess not and racing with trucks isn't really realistic, so I don't know what some of you complain about? :confused: :)

obsolum
09-24-2009, 09:24 AM
obsolum, the clutch is confirmed, plus if you use a G25 you can take the time you want to change gear :rolleyes:
Yeah, so that means I can shift gears in 0.2 seconds if I choose to? Let me see you do that in a real truck... :rolleyes:

Did Softlab ever say it will be a sim? I guess not and racing with trucks isn't really realistic, so I don't know what some of you complain about? :confused: :)
Uh yes they did. It was always announced as "a realistic trucking game". Only about a year ago did they change the description to "truck racing game".

movo.
09-24-2009, 02:07 PM
still a trucking GAME :D

nicknackpaddywack
09-24-2009, 09:24 PM

i want 18 gears though, i have the knowelage and abilty to build my own custom gear shifter and i just wish there was a way to do it, rignroll devs have been specific that the game WILL NOT MOD, Why?? this is just a pain, if you can make 6 gears.... you could make 18 too. but no. and they wont mod the game for the minority.... those of us who know how to build custom shifters.... nevermind... as it is to increase realism im building the following....

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m273/nnpw/shift.png

This will be a little consilation for the lack of gears

bubblesjs
09-25-2009, 07:36 PM
:!::!::!::!:WHAT??? ONLY 3 TRUCK MAKERS?!?!?!?!?! now only 6 trucks in th whole game? where is kenworth. volvo, international, mack????? im still going to buy this game but i think it will get boring very quickly now just like 18wos games.... why did they have to get stupid branding, they should of just done what 18wos did and model trucks like real life models, but then just give them a different name like instead of international like call it continental and stuff like that. this game is now ruined to lack of trucks... and how stupid can they be to use a kenworth T2000 in the promotional video when they didnt even know they could put it in the game??? what a waste of 6 years...:evil::-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:: evil::confused::confused::confused::confused::conf used:

DaWolf
09-25-2009, 08:14 PM
:!::!::!::!:WHAT??? ONLY 3 TRUCK MAKERS?!?!?!?!?! now only 6 trucks in th whole game? where is kenworth. volvo, international, mack????? im still going to buy this game but i think it will get boring very quickly now just like 18wos games.... why did they have to get stupid branding, they should of just done what 18wos did and model trucks like real life models, but then just give them a different name like instead of international like call it continental and stuff like that. this game is now ruined to lack of trucks... and how stupid can they be to use a kenworth T2000 in the promotional video when they didnt even know they could put it in the game??? what a waste of 6 years...:evil::-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:: evil::confused::confused::confused::confused::conf used:

if you weren´t blind, you would see this:
http://www.rignroll.com/index.php?type=car

Qwx
09-25-2009, 09:17 PM
And, if you were a bit more mature and not blind, you could try reading this again:

New update at official site presents a very interesting article with detailed description of several ingame trucks, produced by Freightliner, Sterling and Western Star.
You will find the article here (http://rignroll.com/index.php?type=press_id&publ_id=531).

What, do you think, phrase "several ingame trucks" mean? Does "several" equals "all"?

Nice info, by the way :). And yeah, guys, haven't you played "King of the Road"? It's a sequel. It couldn't be the "real" simulator from the beginning. My expectations were, in fact, correct, so I'm still happily waiting for this game ;)

Nike-it
09-28-2009, 07:49 AM
And, if you were a bit more mature and not blind, you could try reading this again:

What, do you think, phrase "several ingame trucks" mean? Does "several" equals "all"?

Nice info, by the way :). And yeah, guys, haven't you played "King of the Road"? It's a sequel. It couldn't be the "real" simulator from the beginning. My expectations were, in fact, correct, so I'm still happily waiting for this game ;)

Several means not all.

Benedettini
09-28-2009, 10:24 AM
Nike it and other admins why dont you reply to the previous complaints and argues about the simulation (or better,looks as a kidgame) ? You have no words to say,even a SORRY?

Well,not for me though. I will still give this game a chance with full details and expert mode...hope the 6 gear with 2000rpm at 110mph will let me enjoy driving , even I might feel myself in my own car

Freak Of Nature
09-28-2009, 11:40 AM
Nike it and other admins why dont you reply to the previous complaints and argues about the simulation (or better,looks as a kidgame) ? You have no words to say,even a SORRY?

Well,not for me though. I will still give this game a chance with full details and expert mode...hope the 6 gear with 2000rpm at 110mph will let me enjoy driving , even I might feel myself in my own car

Why should admins be sorry? They're not developers... you should expect apology from developers. Anyway I don't see any reason for them to do that...

Nike-it
09-28-2009, 12:52 PM

R'n'R is Truck Simulator on the first place with complex physics and controls. To my opinion the game really differs from any racing game.

Nokturnal
09-29-2009, 12:22 AM
Oh God you people are complaining about this game again?

Once again i need to remind you all a few things:
- This is a GAME, this is not being made by a real trucking company to teach real truckers how to drive real trucks on the real California roads. No, this is a game merely focusing on those things, while trying to give you a realistic feel.

- It might be calling itself a sim, and that may infact be reason for you all to bitch and moan - But consider playing a 100% through and through trucking sim. It would be as boring as watching paint dry.
There wouldn't be any hookers for you to pick up like the real truckers would be doing. So goodluck staying awake while you play. :P
I must ask, if you are so desperate to drive a real truck, why don't you? Clearly you all know more about trucks than the developers could ever know, so why aren't you all working as truckers?..

- I know i already said this point, but you all seem oblivious so i thought it should be repeated.. This is a GAME, made by a company for a profit.
If they were actually stupid enough to make the game as realistic as you all want it to be, they could say goodbye to alot of their possible customers. Developers know that sometimes you must sacrifice some realism for some entertainment. They want money, they aren't trying to help the world to drive trucks.

nicknackpaddywack
09-29-2009, 05:19 PM
......so why aren't you all working as truckers?....

I am a real truck driver.

Oh and edit: Welldone you learnt how to bold

Edit: fixed my post... [/smugmode]

Qwx
09-29-2009, 09:11 PM
I am a real truck driver.

Oh and edit: Welldone you learnt how to bold

And you haven't learned, how to use quote :-P.

Well, he has a point. In the end, if you want realistic experience, what can be more realistic, than driving a real truck? Most of us already know, that nicknackpaddywack is a trucker. And now I really got interested, why are you searching for a truck game? I mean, you should already spend a lot of time behind the wheel, do you really want to spend your free time simulating that same experience?

As Nokturnal said: stop moaning, everyone. The game has a purpose. If you don't like how the game came out, why do you waste your time visiting the forums and criticizing almost every aspect of it? That's just insane waste of time :grin:

nicknackpaddywack
09-29-2009, 10:48 PM
And you haven't learned, how to use quote :-P.

......you should already spend a lot of time behind the wheel, do you really want to spend your free time simulating that same experience?

Im only 23, i got my license 2 years ago. I work for a road contractor. In winter i drive 4x4-8x8 gritter/snow plows and fulltime a 32ton motorway crash cusion. I dont do many miles... normally doing about 2mph on a 70mph road....

The reason im crusading... im also a fully qualified electronics engineer, and massive simulation fan. I build joysticks part time as a hobby for computers. I spent some time (about 5 minutes) designing a circuit for a gear box for a truck sim, and i have the parts to build a "truck cab"... ok so the steering wheel handbrake valve, a few important switches and a gear lever with all the relevent stuff to go with it.

Im sure that answers your question

Nokturnal
09-29-2009, 11:43 PM
Im only 23, i got my license 2 years ago. I work for a road contractor. In winter i drive 4x4-8x8 gritter/snow plows and fulltime a 32ton motorway crash cusion. I dont do many miles... normally doing about 2mph on a 70mph road....

The reason im crusading... im also a fully qualified electronics engineer, and massive simulation fan. I build joysticks part time as a hobby for computers. I spent some time (about 5 minutes) designing a circuit for a gear box for a truck sim, and i have the parts to build a "truck cab"... ok so the steering wheel handbrake valve, a few important switches and a gear lever with all the relevent stuff to go with it.

Im sure that answers your question

That didn't really answer any question. That was just you talking about yourself for two paragaraphs. :rolleyes:

You still haven't answered why you would want to play a truck driving sim if you are already driving trucks for a living - Even if this game was as realistic as any truck sim could ever be, it would never be the same as actually sitting behind the wheel. You know this.
As i said, an extremely realistic truck driving sim would be very dull, for the majority of people. Sure, a handful of people such as yourself might enjoy it, but they would be shooting themselves in the foot if they limited their audience to only hardcore truck-sim drivers.

Also i find it amusing that instead of trying to argue with any of my points you instead just mock me for using bold tags. Clever tactic.
What's the matter, can't think of any arguments because you know i'm right?

Continue your crusade if you insist, but it won't make a difference.
The game will be released the way they want it. They are trying to make money, they are not trying to train an army of truck drivers.
This is not an educational game, despite how much you people complain.

Oh and edit: I see you learnt how to use the full stop key. A bit too often though.

I dont do many miles... normally doing about 2mph on a 70mph road....
Maybe you were too busy looking at truck magazines or designing joysticks in school, but most people learnt that you only need one full stop to end the sentence. ;)

nicknackpaddywack
09-30-2009, 12:09 AM
I didnt say i wanted a hardcore simulator. So take your head out your own ass a second so you can understand what im saying. All i was originally asking was why that image i linked on the first reply had a splitter switch. Until now i haven't seen any pictures with that item on them, i have been apealing for some realism on transmissions, THATS IT. The reason i want to play this game is because its going to be good. Its going to be fun, storyline and driving which they keep on saying is meant to be SO realistic. Me personally if i want a REAL experience i will just goto work.

Its not me that your frustration in an earlier post was directed at, as i don't care what they release. G25 support or not, i will still purchase this game purley for the entertainment value which i feel it offers, the added realism all along was a bonus.

So in future direct your patronising comments to someone else, im done here. This forum is full of morons anyway.

Also if you read what i wrote in response, i wasnt replying to you, i was replying to what QWX had said NOT YOU, BECAUSE I QUOTED HIM NOT YOU IN MY POST DURRRRRRRRRRRR, READ IT AGAIN AND IT WILL MAKE SENSE, I DONT DRIVE MANY MILES IN A TRUCK I SPEND ABOUT 1-2 HOURS A DAY DRIVING. i also said i wanted to build a joystick controller etc for a truck game but so far no one has released a game that would let me do this, so actually that DOES answer your question.

bye

Nokturnal
09-30-2009, 02:01 AM
I didnt say i wanted a hardcore simulator. So take your head out your own ass a second so you can understand what im saying. All i was originally asking was why that image i linked on the first reply had a splitter switch. Until now i haven't seen any pictures with that item on them, i have been apealing for some realism on transmissions, THATS IT. The reason i want to play this game is because its going to be good. Its going to be fun, storyline and driving which they keep on saying is meant to be SO realistic. Me personally if i want a REAL experience i will just goto work.

Its not me that your frustration in an earlier post was directed at, as i don't care what they release. G25 support or not, i will still purchase this game purley for the entertainment value which i feel it offers, the added realism all along was a bonus.

So in future direct your patronising comments to someone else, im done here. This forum is full of morons anyway.

Also if you read what i wrote in response, i wasnt replying to you, i was replying to what QWX had said NOT YOU, BECAUSE I QUOTED HIM NOT YOU IN MY POST DURRRRRRRRRRRR, READ IT AGAIN AND IT WILL MAKE SENSE, I DONT DRIVE MANY MILES IN A TRUCK I SPEND ABOUT 1-2 HOURS A DAY DRIVING. i also said i wanted to build a joystick controller etc for a truck game but so far no one has released a game that would let me do this, so actually that DOES answer your question.

bye

Okay let me start off by saying, you were the one who started the personal attacks with the "smug mode" and your rather pointless reply to my comment in which you were only able to mock my using of the bold tags instead of coming up with a useful argument.
If you are all upset now, as you appear to be judging by all the capitalised words, and think i'm being "patronising" then maybe you shouldn't of brought it upon yourself by acting like a smug immature child. I put "smug" in bold, just for you. ;)

Now, all that crap aside.
It actually seems like you know what i'm talking about, you say if you wanted a real truck driving experience then you would just go to work. Which begs the question, why are you even arguing with me?
It should of been obvious that my ranting was aimed at people such as pook (who has been complaining for months) and not those who are just looking for a fun game with "realistic" features.

My initial post was just directed at the public in general, as i've already posted something similar in another RnR thread after people started complaining.
You acknowledged this in your second paragraph:
Its not me that your frustration in an earlier post was directed at, as i don't care what they release.
Again, why the hell would you argue if you don't care and are not the person the post was directed at?

Clearly you are just one of those people who get their kicks out of starting arugments in online forums, about things they don't care about.

"Durrrr"? - Really? You claim to be 23 but you sound like a 10 year old most the time.
Yes i know you weren't responding to me with your last post, unlike you i am well aware when someone is talking to me specifically.
I still didn't think you had answered the question Qwx asked.
If we have established that RnR is not going to be like the real thing, how would you make up for not doing many miles in RL by playing this game?

Anyway, i guess i won't waste anymore time with this as you've decided to leave - Just remember, i wasn't even talking to you to begin with, you could of not replied and we could of avoided all this nonsense.

Nike-it
09-30-2009, 07:02 AM
Guys, stop this quarrel, or I'll have to close the thread.

To nicknackpaddywack - the 6 available gears are some kind of compromise, as very few people will be glad to use real truck gearbox with a lot of gears. Implementing this feature in the game would have taken too much time and I think noone wants another delay.

pook
09-30-2009, 08:54 AM
The problem is different. There is no buy hardcore Truck sim, so the expectations for RNR. Truck sim will be different, none of us are not interested in the RNR and the like. Why is there war simulation, flight simulation?? Why? Go to work go to war, go to fly the aircraft .... but there is a simulation of what he is fanatics. Someone may be a child, others need a different career, but his childhood dream is trucking. I am a real trucker, but in Europe. For me, the charm of the RNR U.S. trucking and migrate to the U.S. do not. I do not like their lifestyle, but managed Usa hardcore truck and when I would get tired, I press "End Game". So I have nothing against arcade-Let the children play, but fans simulators forgotten. Globally, the world would not be a small number of players otodox simulators. Do not take anyone to play arcade racing. While enjoying the fun. It will be another regular truck sim, you know that no one will be, and you can pat the shoulders as it is a great game. the problem is that Softlab for years said that they are doing revolutionary truck sim and those people interested. If at the beginning of said racing game, nobody would have been fans of the sim.

Guys, stop this quarrel, or I'll have to close the thread.

To nicknackpaddywack - the 6 available gears are some kind of compromise, as very few people will be glad to use real truck gearbox with a lot of gears. Implementing this feature in the game would have taken too much time and I think noone wants another delay.

To no one wants to further delay. Anyway, I'm not sure that the developers were able to correctly do so in patches. The only hope is hope for modifiability. Let everyone play what he wants, but that is what dissatisfied should have a chance to fix things and do it with the sim for others. This game me very disappointed. False advertising best, real ... and it nothing.

Qwx
09-30-2009, 07:33 PM
Well, actually that answered a lot.. Doing engineering and stuff is always fun. It's kind of sad, that probably you won't be able to use Rig'n'Roll for your purposes. Still, Nokrutnal's words tay truth - this is a game with it's own vision...
May I suggest searching for an alternative to test out your shifter? Like open source project Rigs of Rods. I know it won't come close to Rig'n'Roll in some aspects, but otherwise, it's highly customizable and trucks there have 10< gears :).
Well, we still can hope, that some sort of Development Kit, or sim upgrades would come out, but I wouldn't bet. In the end, the game will suit my needs :)

EDIT: ok, I haven't seen this page while writing reply (doh). My reply original was directed towards nicknackpaddywack. Nokturnal, you should stop these personal attacks. Your initial post was good, but don't let yourself to get carried away by it. Don't damage your reputation so much... Pook, and every sim fan. Well, sorry to get you tangled in here. So high modifiability patch is very wanted? We cross our fingers Nike-it :]