PDA

View Full Version : dark knight or knight?

shqiponja_hayabusa
09-22-2009, 02:10 AM
I am having this dilemma as I am to depart for the laybirinth which troop to take there. Since the slots are 7. Necro, Sa, Inq, Arch, Dryads, Knights, Hunters or Elfs.
So between Knights and Dark Knights? My leadership allows me to recruit 130 DK and only 112 K. I have Sa in my troops so they gain more morale because of the comander trait. But however I wanted to know which troop is better regardless though I know that is fairly relative.
(one thing, when comaparing the details, there is the attack number and there is a blue number in brackets next to the attack and defense, what that stands for?)

iregev
09-23-2009, 07:45 AM
for the final battle knights are better the DK because there are many dragons there and Undead in general don't go well with Fire.

DK really shine when you have Zombie wife and have lots of Undead in your group. other than that stick to knights + teleport + circle attack and than Time back

BB Shockwave
09-23-2009, 11:15 AM
for the final battle knights are better the DK because there are many dragons there and Undead in general don't go well with Fire.

DK really shine when you have Zombie wife and have lots of Undead in your group. other than that stick to knights + teleport + circle attack and than Time back

Yep, I'm using an undead-only army, and I can't wait to get them. With Lina as your wife, they can move 3 spaces - much faster then Knights - plus their intiative can be increased +1 by Lina and +2 by the "Dark Commander" skill AND they can run - meaning they can be brought to the forefront much, much sooner then Knights.

Their "Rising Anger" is best used by attacking weaker enemies first and accumulate enough to damage harder targets.

And the best part... apart from fighting in cemeteries, they are the only option to increase the morale of Undead units! Comes in really handy.

They have the same 30% physical resistance as knights, but on top of it, they are undead so are immune to mind spells and curse, have 50% poison resistance as well. I use a mod that lets me use Necro Call for resurrecting Undead units - I advise you do the same (you can find it in the Mods topic), because otherwise you would have some casualties from them.

(one thing, when comaparing the details, there is the attack number and there is a blue number in brackets next to the attack and defense, what that stands for?)

The number in brackets is the original Attack/Defense value of the unit, without any Hero/Wife/artifact modifiers.