PDA

View Full Version : Crashed my machine

wobblybob54
09-19-2009, 06:41 PM
Running Quad Core 3.4, Vista 64, 4gb ram, 9800x2 card. Loaded game and EU patch went to launch and it came up with following
Runtime error 9at 328.155)Access violation at address 76D21Fc4 Read only address 030D8000.
Drivers upto date on my card by the way. Thrown back to desktop, unable to uninstall - same message came up. Deleted in the end, I know you're not supposed to. Then tried to play World in Conflict: complete Edition and same message came up, in fact tried a few more games which did the same. Had to do a system restore to get rid of the screen. Never had problems like this before. Any thoughts?? Cheers

RavenMaster
09-30-2009, 10:47 PM
If they error came up when u played other games too then i doubt cryostasis caused it. Sounds more like a GPU driver problem or a corrupt OS install.

wobblybob54
10-02-2009, 08:04 AM
Thanks Ravenmaster, I think you're right, though I always update my drivers and I did a fresh instal of the OS about 4 months ago. As I say up until trying to instal this game everything was fine with Crysis, etc playing well. All the best.
I assume you built your own beast of a machine?