PDA

View Full Version : Regarding MoW Chat Moderation:

White
09-10-2009, 05:03 AM
After glancing at that thread briefly, I've gathered that players in-game have been banned from the game for periods of time, for the infractions listed. Flooding messages, cursing, being general jerks.

Is this so? Do they actually get banned from multiplayer because of that?
If their CD keys get banned, would this also ban them from singleplayer?

KaosDog
09-12-2009, 07:44 PM
I certainly hope so. I am sick and tired of the profane and racist comments that some players make to others. The reasons for such comments are irrelevant. They are unacceptable, especially when sent across a medium in which children are present (under 18 years of age). Were I a moderator, I would permanently ban anyone making defamatory racist remarks, thereby forcing them to purchase a new copy of the game in order to continue enjoying multiplayer games. Eventually their racism would become rather expensive.

Korsakov829
09-13-2009, 09:31 PM
I don't believe that a banned CD key would disable your abilitiy to play singleplayer, maybe a hardware ban could ban them from singleplayer.

It would be nice if they added a unscensored and censored chat channels, or they could just ban certain words.

HardCore_Canadian
09-13-2009, 11:59 PM
:evil:hmmm well how bout this you guys i got banned for not being on during with i was playing the FOG type game [Free online games] like Combat arms crossfire etc etc and playing arma 2 i was banned for foul english racistism and multiply??? still confused on what they mean by that lol but i was banned until the 16 for it and now i wond what the hell did i do??? >.> jezz admins if you wanted me to play spam me with pms or some thing lol what makes this so hilarious is one of the russian chat checkers or what ever did this and now im wonderin' do you even play the game??? poor fellow>.> so i got banned so i think there should be an english chat checker dude on at the same time because some online translators are off abit and not fully correct and the russian is sitting ther going on a wing and a prayer that is is correct and bans some one on it could be miss translated sadly like the miss translation of me not being ther >.> sight if one of the admins show proof of this crime being comited and ill change my pass word so who ever must have hacked me becuse im not racist and i try to no swear until in my surver lol so im done ranting on with this please admin do something about this i got this game praticly last week

Ryan "hardcore_canadian" Burley

Cmdr.Miskyavine
09-21-2009, 07:48 AM
man i bought this game its my favorite game :grin: but after a couple weeks of playing it i got my cd-key blocked id like to know why and when i am gonna be unblocked i relly love this game my name in its cmdr.miskyavine same as here and after this i went back to my other rts and i cant adjust back i cant play anything but the fps and mmo i have and its boring compared to MoW im mad i got banned even tho i prolly deserved it and i didnt do anything that somone else hast dobne 10 times worse

Nike-it
09-21-2009, 08:15 AM
man i bought this game its my favorite game :grin: but after a couple weeks of playing it i got my cd-key blocked id like to know why and when i am gonna be unblocked i relly love this game my name in its cmdr.miskyavine same as here and after this i went back to my other rts and i cant adjust back i cant play anything but the fps and mmo i have and its boring compared to MoW im mad i got banned even tho i prolly deserved it and i didnt do anything that somone else hast dobne 10 times worse

You were banned for flood, and it expires today.

Morgoth
09-21-2009, 08:39 AM
I certainly hope so. I am sick and tired of the profane and racist comments that some players make to others. The reasons for such comments are irrelevant. They are unacceptable, especially when sent across a medium in which children are present (under 18 years of age). Were I a moderator, I would permanently ban anyone making defamatory racist remarks, thereby forcing them to purchase a new copy of the game in order to continue enjoying multiplayer games. Eventually their racism would become rather expensive.

Except that would probably badly effect the sales of the game as permanently banned people i think wouldnt come back to the game if it ment they had to repurchase the game,& aswell as that would highly likely not buy any other of the company's game's out of protest.:grin:

Elwin
09-21-2009, 09:02 AM
yes, if it is free forum or anything else you can do whatever you want and ban. But when comes to things you are paying for you must be curious with that to not lose customers

Cmdr.Miskyavine
09-22-2009, 12:40 PM
Im sry id didnt know that you guys felt that strongly about his issue and if ive offfended someone sry ill try and cut back on what i say evem tho thats not why i was time banned and i havnt offended anyone on this forum thread and if im paying a game wth you tell me and ill stop i know alot of people including me get carried away.