PDA

View Full Version : NecroVisioN: Lost Company in Development

Nike-it
09-09-2009, 09:14 AM
1C Company, announced today the development of NecroVisioN: Lost Company - the prequel to the old-school, horror FPS. The game covers the events that happened before the original NecroVisioN story began.

The new game contains several unique levels, characters, weapons and gameplay elements, as well as a new main hero that tells the original game story from an opposing perspective. Players can now take on the role of one of the WWI German soldiers that discovers the evil forces unleashed by the war, and starts to fight against them. Eventually they lead soldiers from all the nations gathered on the front through massive battles against zombies and demons. Finally players become the first Necromancer that will fight against Simon Bukner in NecroVisioN.

Key Features:

• 10 new levels in the single player campaign
• 15 new characters
• 6 new weapons
• Variety of special weapon upgrades
• New drivable vehicles to use in the fight including the FT17 tank and Halberstadt CL.II airplane
• Several additional close combat techniques, spells and fatalities in single player
• New, unique multiplayer mode: Gas Attack
• 3 new maps and several new skins for multiplayer mode
• New visual effects like enhanced depth-of-field, soft shadows and new shaders with optimized renderer and data loading system.

NecroVisioN: Lost Company is scheduled for release in Q1 2010.

Divebomb
09-09-2009, 09:52 AM
excellent.

btw, what's going on with the european publisher situation? are aspyr doing the europe releases aswell? really annoying to get the games now much later for europe than the us. needs to be corrected.

Nike-it
09-09-2009, 10:02 AM
First Screenshots can be found here (http://www.1cpublishing.eu/game/necrovision-lost-company/gallery) and debut trailer can be downloaded here (ftp://ftp.1cpublishing.eu/Videos/NecroVisioN_Lost_Company/NecrovisionLostCompany.wmv)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOsrfFZ1Pe8

Nokturnal
09-09-2009, 02:37 PM
Another awesome game to look forward to. I like the addition of the flying mission(s).

You say here that there are 10 new levels, but on the site it only says 7 - Which one is more recent?
Also, is this going to be an add-on? It says "new levels in single player campaign"...

Ywap
09-09-2009, 02:53 PM
Awesome news, thank you very much :)

cocolapin
09-09-2009, 05:26 PM
Great ! That's a very good new :D
I saw the map DM_Airport in the video :) i knew that it would be a full level in extension !
Now we just have to wait ;)

persoiranian
09-09-2009, 06:29 PM
in Lost Company,i only wish for better atmosphere.

+new features are all good.

BAXTER STOCKMAN
09-10-2009, 09:06 AM
Great news, cant wait to play it!! Will it be a expansion? Will it need the first Necrovision to be installed in order for this to work??

Nike-it
09-10-2009, 09:14 AM
Great news, cant wait to play it!! Will it be a expansion? Will it need the first Necrovision to be installed in order for this to work??

It is stand alone prequel. So no need in original game.

F4LL0UT
09-10-2009, 04:36 PM
It is stand alone prequel. So no need in original game.

In other words: Full price for a half new game... ? :/
I don't blame Farm 51 or the publisher for this attempt, since it's a general tendency in the business, but seriously: I miss classical addons. I hope that this will be like with Battle out of Hell - so you'll have the choice if you want to install it as a stand alone game or as an expansion.

I don't like having different applications for a game and its expansions, but I really hate having different folders for them. It's not that comfortable and it's an incredible waste of diskspace as the games could actually use shared ressources. Also patching both games separately is absolutely needless. And the worst what could happen: Enhancements for the prequel while the original game remains the same it was while it could also make use of possible performance improvements and reduced loading times.

I know, it's not always possible to do it and sometimes there are so massive changes made to the engine, that it's not worth the effort to make the original game work on the upgraded one, but in most cases it would be perfectly possible and make sense... <.<

Well, anyways: I'm looking forward to playing Lost Company. It seems to add the stuff that I felt was missing in NecroVision.

persoiranian
09-10-2009, 06:45 PM
in the first NVN there were many secret places, what about Lost Company?

drivable vehicles looks awesome.it's good that the game also contains female NPC.

Divebomb
09-11-2009, 01:00 AM
In other words: Full price for a half new game... ? :/
I don't blame Farm 51 or the publisher for this attempt, since it's a general tendency in the business, but seriously: I miss classical addons. I hope that this will be like with Battle out of Hell - so you'll have the choice if you want to install it as a stand alone game or as an expansion.

I don't like having different applications for a game and its expansions, but I really hate having different folders for them. It's not that comfortable and it's an incredible waste of diskspace as the games could actually use shared ressources. Also patching both games separately is absolutely needless. And the worst what could happen: Enhancements for the prequel while the original game remains the same it was while it could also make use of possible performance improvements and reduced loading times.

I know, it's not always possible to do it and sometimes there are so massive changes made to the engine, that it's not worth the effort to make the original game work on the upgraded one, but in most cases it would be perfectly possible and make sense... <.<

Well, anyways: I'm looking forward to playing Lost Company. It seems to add the stuff that I felt was missing in NecroVision.
it's understandable that they're doing it this way now though. look at it from their perspective, necrovision isn't the kind of game to get that great sales. so that they're even doing an expansion at all is kind of awesome. I actually wasn't expecting it. same with cryostasis (although that one is probably not getting a sequel/expansion it seems like? hehe) anyway back to the point I was poorly trying to make there. on a game that already didn't sell that well you can't chain the expansion down to work for only the small number of people that bought the original game because then in terms of sales you'll only ever get a percentage of the copies the first game sold. and never more.

but yeah, if it was possible to tie it to the original game somehow (especially since it's built on that engine) this would definitely be better and convenient.

Nokturnal
09-11-2009, 03:09 AM
Divebomb makes a good point, this game hasn't got a huge following.
Infact (as you can see from the comments on the video) alot of people instantly dismiss this as "another wolfenstein clone" which, aside from being utterly stupid and annoying as hell to see posted for every vid, is also the reason why this game hasn't been checked out by the majority of the gaming world.

You should look at this as more of a re-vamped version to (hopefully) get more people interested. The addition of more vehicles might actually stop idiots from claiming this to be a rip off and instead actually play it.
Perhaps sometime in the future we could see a true add-on for NecroVisioN - But for now, any new levels/baddies/weapons/features are much appreciated. :)

Oh and as for the comments about taking up disk space - I didn't think this was even an issue anymore, hard drive prices have been dropping steadily for a long time. 8gb is nothing when most systems these days have well over 2TB of space.
I've got 4.5 myself, and just recently bought another 2TB for about $250 AU. If you are that concerned with having to install many of the same files again, i'd suggest you get another drive to save future hassles too.
Games are just going to keep getting bigger and bigger. Soon enough we'll need 20-50GB of HD space just for a basic game. Best to get ahead of the trend now rather than later.

persoiranian
09-11-2009, 05:33 PM
I actually wasn't expecting it. same with cryostasis (although that one is probably not getting a sequel/expansion it seems like? hehe)

i'll be really glad for Cryostasis sequel/expansion :grin:

persoiranian
09-12-2009, 08:03 AM
check '"Lost Company" page in the game's official website . it says •Player can lead and control his team during single player campaign• it could be awesome

persoiranian
09-21-2009, 05:41 PM
any news?

Nike-it
09-22-2009, 07:16 AM
What kind of info you want to know?

persoiranian
09-22-2009, 11:19 AM
What kind of info you want to know?

actually anything new about the game for example interviews with devs and more...thanks for the quick reply;)

GUInterface
10-05-2009, 08:45 AM
Divebomb makes a good point, this game hasn't got a huge following.
Infact (as you can see from the comments on the video) alot of people instantly dismiss this as "another wolfenstein clone"

That's pretty funny considering the newest Wolfenstein was dismissed by many as a Call of Duty clone.

Anyway, I can't wait for this game.

persoiranian
10-05-2009, 06:56 PM
NVN is a way different than Wolfenstein for sure. but for only a moment both have some similarities, when people only looks at screens or a short trailer they may consider the game wrongly.

Nokturnal
10-05-2009, 11:58 PM
GUInterface you have a good point there, and if we look back even further, Call of Duty was dismissed as a Medal of Honor clone. :P
People just need to stop judging a game before they give it a go, they will all have something similar to some other game in the same genre, doesn't mean they aren't still fun.

Nike-it - Quick question regarding Lost Company, will we see a larger number of combos we can perform? Such as the Herr Doctor, Angry Farmer, etc.. It was great fun figuring out all those. :D

persoiranian
11-01-2009, 04:41 PM
Nike-it - Quick question regarding Lost Company, will we see a larger number of combos we can perform? Such as the Herr Doctor, Angry Farmer, etc.. It was great fun figuring out all those. :D

and also letters to find,secret places..???

Nokturnal
11-01-2009, 11:22 PM
and also letters to find,secret places..???

I was just coming here to bump the thread so Nike will see ;) Thanks persoiranian, he can't miss it now. :P

persoiranian
11-02-2009, 02:29 PM
u r welcome,;) and one more question: is it true that we can give commands to other soldiers? or teaming up with them?
thanks in advance Nike

Nike-it
11-03-2009, 06:48 AM
Yes, there will be plenty of new secrets and weapons;)

Nokturnal
11-05-2009, 01:19 AM
Excellent news, more reason to play the game again and again to find it all. :)

Seeing as we are now playing as a German soldier, will we be fighting the Allies or will the enemies mostly be deformed German "experiments" and demons etc..?

game_over
11-11-2009, 01:05 AM
NV is still on my PC and I play it from time-to-time. When I saw the new trailer about an hour ago, I got really excited, so I thought about dropping in to see if its all true or not.

Ooooh, I'm so excited :D I can't wait to get my hands on it.

OugaBooga
11-13-2009, 05:17 AM
yes it is exciting,i like that the addition of the flame thrower on the machine gun & the spiked mace:)
what i would like to know is "WHEN" will this be OUT !
How will this game play compared to reg nvn in MP.

persoiranian
11-13-2009, 10:27 AM
yes it is exciting,i like that the addition of the flame thrower on the machine gun & the spiked mace:)

dont forget the new vehicles (FT17 tank and Halberstadt CL.II airplane):grin:

kev11106
12-02-2009, 01:50 PM
Anybody heard if Lost Company will have Directx 11 support? Either way, chopmin' at the bit for another go at one of the best games I've played in years...

Nike-it
12-02-2009, 01:52 PM
Anybody heard if Lost Company will have Directx 11 support? Either way, chopmin' at the bit for another go at one of the best games I've played in years...

No, it supports DX10.

BAXTER STOCKMAN
12-22-2009, 05:22 PM
When will we know the release date?

Nike-it
12-23-2009, 06:11 AM
When will we know the release date?

It should be released in late January/ early February

ZIGS
12-29-2009, 01:20 AM

In Russia or UK/Europe?

cocolapin
01-01-2010, 05:04 PM

Hello Nike-it, I'm happy to play necrovision in 2010 :D

I would like to know if MP gameplay will be changed (to slow maybe) ?
Cause you surely know that there was "scripts error" and "nat negociation errors", which makes the game unplayble online :'(
It would be great, if we could really play online and get some fun with this necrovision :D

I would like to know if there will be a steampowered prepurchase pack with Necrovision 1 and 2. It would be great :D

Happy new years, and make us a great FPS like you know to do :D

(MW2 <= berk ! what an anti-fun game :-x )

cocolapin
01-11-2010, 08:46 PM
Are you dead Nike-it ?
Can we have some more informations ?
thanks ;)

Nike-it
01-12-2010, 06:01 AM
Lost Company is going to be released during February, I'll post the exact date when I have one.
MP won't change, just one mode will be added.
About Steam I can't say now, but it is quite possible.

Nokturnal
01-13-2010, 11:00 PM
Another great game to be released in the first quarter, this is a good start to the year!

OugaBooga
01-18-2010, 12:34 AM
Right ON !!!!
I am SOOOOOO Looking forward to this game & want to know if i will be waiting 6 months longer for the release in north america like the original necro.

Will you be able to use shadowhand & Vamp weapons in MP this time around?

cocolapin
02-02-2010, 08:32 PM
we are in february and we don't have a lot of informations :confused:

I hope it will be rapidly on steampowered :cool:

Nokturnal
02-02-2010, 10:43 PM
It's only the start of Feb...Be patient mate, it's never wise to rush development of a game, especially when so many games are buggy on release - Give them time, you'll appreciate the game more. ;)

Also, what more information do you want?
As far as i know, everything important has been answered. Some things are left unanswered so we can be surprised when we play the game.

Just incase it hasn't been posted here before, there is a new website up and running for Lost Company.
www.necrovision-game.com

There isn't much there to be brutally honest, but i've noticed with alot of 1C games that the website is only created when the game is ready to be released...So it won't be too long now. :)

cocolapin
02-02-2010, 11:25 PM
It's only the start of Feb...Be patient mate, it's never wise to rush development of a game, especially when so many games are buggy on release - Give them time, you'll appreciate the game more. ;)

Also, what more information do you want?
As far as i know, everything important has been answered. Some things are left unanswered so we can be surprised when we play the game.

Just incase it hasn't been posted here before, there is a new website up and running for Lost Company.
www.necrovision-game.com

There isn't much there to be brutally honest, but i've noticed with alot of 1C games that the website is only created when the game is ready to be released...So it won't be too long now. :)

I'm agree to let times to developpers to make us the nicest experience :D
But the new websites wasnt mentionned on the forum :s

I'm just curious about steampowered selling :-P ( but it's aspyr version for europe ?)

Nokturnal
02-02-2010, 11:54 PM
Yeah i'm not sure why we weren't told about the new website either, but it was probably because it didn't really contain anything extra that we haven't seen/read here in the forums. (Aside from those couple of pics).

As for steam, the original was released on steam so i'd say Lost Company will be too...Just checked the steam site and it's not up there yet..So maybe Nike needs to be poked a few more times until he's got an answer. :P

Nike-it
02-05-2010, 06:20 AM
Lost Company is due to be released on 19th February. It is already listed at GamersGate.