PDA

View Full Version : Game-stopping bug at "Beasts" after "Stern Crane"

WaffleKing
09-09-2009, 04:14 AM
I've run into a massive bug that prevents me from completing the game.

In the level "Beasts", after turning on the Stern Crane in the Mental Echo, instead of going back to where the body was, I GET TELEPORTED INTO THE STERN CRANE. When I try to get back to the catwalk room, I'm locked out because the door no longer works.

I've tried restarting from an earlier save, but I still get the same issue.

Is there any solution for this? I'd prefer something besides using debug mode to noclip through the door, as that could cause scripting issues that would further mess up the game later on.

BTW, is there any way to delete autosaves? My autosave list is filling up with a dozen autosaves at the exact same spot because the game autosaves every time I try to get past this bug.

Au{R}oN
09-09-2009, 05:16 PM
I can't help you so much for the first problem, since i don't remember what exactly happened to me after i saved the guy. (maybe it's correct and you miss to do something??)
Also, did you install the 1.1 patch?

Anyway, for the second problem (about the savegame) go to your Cryostasys folder and then... data/save/ here you will se A LOT OF files with just a number as name..
example:

1.bmp
1.save
1.dat
""
""
""
xx.bmp
xx.save
xx.dat

the one with bmp extension is the thumbnail that you see on the loadgame page.
the one with save extension is your current game progress information
and the last one with .dat extension is the files with information about the savegame.

You have to delte all three files.

Lesser is the number, older is the save-game!

Anyway, in case you don't know wich save-game delete open the xx.dat files with notepad, you can read some information regard the saved map.

Sorry for bad english ^_^

WaffleKing
09-10-2009, 03:31 PM
Thanks for the help regarding save files.

I finally managed to solve the bug by reloading from a save from two levels earlier, and playing through until the point where the bug occured. The game finally stopped teleporting me to the wrong location, and I was able to finish it.

Good game, btw. Just not terribly stable. (Level 15: Choices was particularly unstable, and seems to crash every time I die and have to reload).

Au{R}oN
09-10-2009, 08:20 PM
I never had a problem unitil i reached the level with the God Chronos, after some minutes the game crashed... the only way to solve the problem is disable the physx support, finish the level and then.. re-enable it.