PDA

View Full Version : No Gift Challenge

iregev
09-05-2009, 03:56 PM
Hi,

In my opinion and feel free to challenge it the spell Gift+Inquisitor is truley the biggest exploit in the game.
So here's a little something to remedy it.

Impossible (not mage) / No unit lost / no scribing of the spell gift (can use scroll if you find any).
Options for resurrection are:
Spell
sacrifice
inquisitor + time back
Phantom Inquisitor

I feel mage will have much easier time for this and that why strictly warrior/palain.

I thought of this challenge in my impossible paladin game where I only found gift in Eliinia and had really hard time.

Any one up for it

Vilk
09-06-2009, 12:01 PM
If you have the resurrection spell you don't need gift for resurrecting. So your challenge would be more no resurrection from spell or inquisitors allowing gift for something else.

EDIT: Well this challenge would be also with no Sacrifice.

loreangelicus
09-19-2009, 05:32 PM
Gift-Inquisitor still hits a limit in terms of mana; this combo has better application for resurrecting level 5 units.

Inquisitor's Holy Rage-Lina's Chargers-Resurrect IMHO is the greater exploit since you could be at turn 20, no rage, no mana, massive casualties, and still be able to bring back your army to full strength if you stick to units that Resurrect works on.

iregev
09-24-2009, 08:51 AM
well that's true but I feel that sum sort of resurcrion has to be allowed so how do you guys feel on playing the game with out inquistors at all......:evil:

I recently played a an impossible mage game (no losses) using only undead,demons,orcs and natural units (inspired by WoW) so no elves or humans what so ever.
It was real fun and I had to come up with new strategies beacuse my previos games where based heavily on agna's ruby and inquistors. On the plus side I didn't have to research tolerance......
As I said, real fun, but mage is too easy for this chalenge because from level 20 and on you can slaugther most of the battles with double armagedeon and ancient vampires (don't even use need time back)
Turn 1: double armagedon
Turn 2: fear on the unit left alive (usually level 1-3) and suck away.
Turn 3: posion cloud on yourself + mana spring to full mana.... so the next will have mana to cast double armageedon.....
Too easy

Warrior w/o Inquistor and no loss seems intresting

BB Shockwave
09-24-2009, 01:47 PM
well that's true but I feel that sum sort of resurcrion has to be allowed so how do you guys feel on playing the game with out inquistors at all......:evil:

I recently played a an impossible mage game (no losses) using only undead,demons,orcs and natural units (inspired by WoW) so no elves or humans what so ever.
It was real fun and I had to come up with new strategies beacuse my previos games where based heavily on agna's ruby and inquistors. On the plus side I didn't have to research tolerance......
As I said, real fun, but mage is too easy for this chalenge because from level 20 and on you can slaugther most of the battles with double armagedeon and ancient vampires (don't even use need time back)
Turn 1: double armagedon
Turn 2: fear on the unit left alive (usually level 1-3) and suck away.
Turn 3: posion cloud on yourself + mana spring to full mana.... so the next will have mana to cast double armageedon.....
Too easy

Warrior w/o Inquistor and no loss seems intresting

This strategy is nice, but since you cannot resurrect Undead and Demons, it's pretty impossible to do without high losses.

iregev
09-24-2009, 03:50 PM
Demons can be resurrected Via ressuurection spell.

as for undead...
Vampires and target is preety solid tactics not to get at all
Vampires + sacrifice if somehoe you managed to get hit before you have time back.

Also you can use any natural unit, dragon, beholders, royal snakes, griffins....

Razorflame
09-26-2009, 03:54 PM
it's really not that hard...

undead are overpowered

use your mage to dual cast fireball ice snake firerain w/e

kill an enemy stack

use necro call from the your own necro and voila

let your skelli archers kil the rest and use cursed ghost or ancient vamps to kill the left overs

;-)

a better challenge would be with a NEUTRAL unit ;-)

so no humans(save for barbs robber pirates)
no elves no orcs no demons no undead

u won't get ANY moral bonus so that should be a HARD CHALLENGE;-)

iregev
09-27-2009, 06:19 AM
I don't think undead are overpowered when aim for no loss game beacuse they require micromanagmement to not get hit at all.

I agree that everything with Mage is indeead too easy.
In the orginal post I wrote that this challenge is trictly for warriror / paladin

Razorflame
09-27-2009, 02:09 PM
i don't know why people think MAGE games are so easy..
mages got BY FAR the hardest time of doing anything

they got less leadership less use of rage and their spells on impossible won't do a s much damage as a warriors troop can do or a paladin's ones

and since warriors and paladins can use the infnite mana/resu trick as well makes the mages obsolete;-)

and undead are very strong ;-)
they can GET HIT just be very smart with cursed ghost and ancient vampires ^^

iregev
09-28-2009, 05:13 PM
1 - I think that the general consensus in this forum is that paladin is the most difficult.
2 - Mage spells can to devistating damage, with 35 or 40 intellect and proper items the firerain will do massive damage even on impossible, there are some intresting posts in this forum about it I think.

3 - in my opinion what makes mage the easiest on the "no kill" games is the fact that you can waltz through the toughest battles with only one stack of vampires/dragons using armageddon. try taking in korador on impossible with a paladin with no losses and it will take allot of turns (In my game I did it on level 26! with a perfect set of sword of light and 2 marshal battons to spice my human army - it lasted more then 40 turns to fully resuurect, and I was defeated badly before level 26) a mage however does it more easily.

BB Shockwave
09-28-2009, 06:16 PM
Demons can be resurrected Via ressuurection spell.

Oh, thanks... for some reason I confused it with Healing, which says in the description that it doesn't affect demons. Thanks! That's good news. I might switch to Xeona and an all-demon army later on from the Undead units.

Razorflame
09-29-2009, 11:09 AM
1 - I think that the general consensus in this forum is that paladin is the most difficult.
2 - Mage spells can to devistating damage, with 35 or 40 intellect and proper items the firerain will do massive damage even on impossible, there are some intresting posts in this forum about it I think.

3 - in my opinion what makes mage the easiest on the "no kill" games is the fact that you can waltz through the toughest battles with only one stack of vampires/dragons using armageddon. try taking in korador on impossible with a paladin with no losses and it will take allot of turns (In my game I did it on level 26! with a perfect set of sword of light and 2 marshal battons to spice my human army - it lasted more then 40 turns to fully resuurect, and I was defeated badly before level 26) a mage however does it more easily.

i find the pally a lot more easy than a mage

due to higher leadership skills and easy acces to tolerance

makes units combinations a lot easier to handle withhout the morale loss :-)

but anyway

a challenge with only neutral units would be very HARD;-)