PDA

View Full Version : Hmmmmm

ChocolateCannon
09-03-2009, 03:31 AM
So, my username ChocolateCannon was banned for chat flooding??? I would really like to see an example of this. The most posts I have had on the main message board in a row was like 3 and this was when the message board was really really slow. I never posted continually and flooded the message system. I have always liked men of war but this decision has made me reconsider ever purchasing a game by this developer again. I was not aware of what constituted as chat flooding and by my own estimations I was no where close to flooding the chat room. I simply posted a message every couple minutes to try and get people to join my game which was taking a very long time. This incident has really really made me reconsider my purchase of a smaller developers game. For the same money I could have gotten a game made by a large developer with a newer engine but I didn't and instead chose to support the little guy and get a game that wasn't mainstream. Was that decision wrong or will some moderator realize that they are shooting themselves in the foot by banning without cause.

Nike-it
09-03-2009, 07:31 AM
So, my username ChocolateCannon was banned for chat flooding??? I would really like to see an example of this. The most posts I have had on the main message board in a row was like 3 and this was when the message board was really really slow. I never posted continually and flooded the message system. I have always liked men of war but this decision has made me reconsider ever purchasing a game by this developer again. I was not aware of what constituted as chat flooding and by my own estimations I was no where close to flooding the chat room. I simply posted a message every couple minutes to try and get people to join my game which was taking a very long time. This incident has really really made me reconsider my purchase of a smaller developers game. For the same money I could have gotten a game made by a large developer with a newer engine but I didn't and instead chose to support the little guy and get a game that wasn't mainstream. Was that decision wrong or will some moderator realize that they are shooting themselves in the foot by banning without cause.

If you think that over 60 messages per minute with "1<<<" is not flooding, then I have nothing to say.

Morgoth
09-03-2009, 05:39 PM
If you think that over 60 messages per minute with "1<<<" is not flooding, then I have nothing to say.

Why are you banning for so called flooding anyhow,not many other sites do,i think it is a little extreme,also i would be very interested to hear how many russians get banned,cos almost all i see is russian comment's on the chat,with the odd bit of english or other lanquage every now & then.Now im not saying your racist or anti west but like i said i would be interested to know.:grin:

Zeke Wolff
09-03-2009, 06:32 PM
Why are you banning for so called flooding anyhow,not many other sites do,i think it is a little extreme,also i would be very interested to hear how many russians get banned,cos almost all i see is russian comment's on the chat,with the odd bit of english or other lanquage every now & then.Now im not saying your racist or anti west but like i said i would be interested to know.:grin:
http://forum.bestway.com.ua/showthread.php?t=734

The above link will transfer you to the Russian Best Way forums, and their thread about temporarily bans for the game and by reading thru that thread (use Google Translate if you can´t read Russian) you´ll quickly realize that the banning isn´t something that only happens to Western players.

The thread here at 1C, only lists players from the West since the Russians has their own forum and their own banning thread.

//Zeke, Moderator.

Morgoth
09-03-2009, 06:38 PM
http://forum.bestway.com.ua/showthread.php?t=734

The above link will transfer you to the Russian Best Way forums, and their thread about temporarily bans for the game and by reading thru that thread (use Google Translate if you can´t read Russian) you´ll quickly realize that the banning isn´t something that only happens to Western players.

The thread here at 1C, only lists players from the West since the Russians has their own forum and their own banning thread.

//Zeke, Moderator.

Thing is though i used to be a blitzkrieg player,& i would sometimes talk on there game server site with other member's for a long time,sometimes involving lots of comments in lots of minutes,am i to understand i would be banned for having a chat online,under your flooding rules.:grin:

Zeke Wolff
09-03-2009, 10:10 PM
First of all, this isn´t my rules... :P

Secondly, the word "flooding" in this case mean "spamming" the same message more than a couple of times in less than one minute, like "Join XX game!" 20 times and similar stuff.

//Zeke, Moderator.

ChocolateCannon
09-03-2009, 10:32 PM
There is a reason that people will repeat "join _____" multiple times. Its because often there are not enough players to fill a game quickly. I really don't see the harm I did in asking people to join my game, perhaps multiple times (max of 15) over a 30 minute period. I was NO where close to putting in 60 messages a minute. Its really disappointing that this is the result of myself supporting a game that isn't mainstream.

ChocolateCannon
09-03-2009, 10:33 PM

I'd really like to know what your talking about as I have no connection to that statement whatsoever.

Nike-it
09-04-2009, 06:43 AM
We are banning people who post more then 20 same messages in a minute. That is the chat rules so I do not see any reason to make exceptions.

ChocolateCannon
09-05-2009, 11:53 PM
I'm quite sure I didn't post 20 messages the same in a one minute period.

Nike-it
09-07-2009, 08:07 AM
I'm quite sure I didn't post 20 messages the same in a one minute period.

Check you PM for the part of chat list with your messages!

White
09-10-2009, 05:10 AM
Check you PM for the part of chat list with your messages!

Chocolate, will you do so, and post the chat log?
Nothing private, like a message from a moderator. That's against the rules, probably.
Just the snippet saying exactly what you said.
I want an example of what is considered bannable.